Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left Empty
PostSubject: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Ok, I severely under estimated how much time it would take to get my current project done at work. So I have worked the last 12 days striaght (and will work at least one more) without a break. Typically 9 to 11 hours each day. Both my boss and my client are unhappy with me. To top it off I have been fighting a sinus infection for the last week. Kind of stressful to say the least.

Then last night as I was getting ready to leave the office the wife calls and tells me our hot water heater is leaking......all over our sons bedroom floor (for some odd reason our hotwater heater is in his bedroom closet).

So $420 for a new hot water heater. But hey Staybrite doesn't have any experience when it comes to soldering copper pipes so we will need to have it installed too. That's another $550 in labor. And guess what? Our city requires a permit to install a new hot water heater. That's another $30, and a mandatory inspection.

Not really feeling like Job just yet, but I'm praying the next few weeks go much better.
Laughing (gotta laugh or else I will cry)

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:48 pm

So get compression fittings and covert it to pvc/cpvc (plastic) pipe. Install it yourself, it's a piece of cake and forget the worthless permit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:54 pm

sabidoo wrote:
So get compression fittings and covert it to pvc/cpvc (plastic) pipe. Install it yourself, it's a piece of cake and forget the worthless permit.

Too late now, where were you last night! Probably would have been cheaper to fly you out and show me how.

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
sabidoo wrote:

Too late now, where were you last night! Probably would have been cheaper to fly you out and show me how.

I would have gladly walked you through it via the phone. Keep that in ind next time you have home improvements to attend to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:48 am

I just might take you up on that. I have managed to install several ceiling fans, a few light fixtures, a dishwasher, and an oven. But when it comes to soldering pipe I'm clueless.

I also found out from a friend that if our hotwater heater was not installed per current code and it causes any damage to our home, it is very likely that our home-owners insurance will not cover it.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:55 am

Quote :
I also found out from a friend that if our
hotwater heater was not installed per current code and it causes any
damage to our home, it is very likely that our home-owners insurance
will not cover it.

If you bought the house new, then you can sue the builder for not installing it properly.

Oh, before my wife sees this, you do not own a "hot water heater". If the water were hot, you would not need a heater. It is merely a "water heater". With Holly working for a company that makes water heaters, I've heard this speech many times over the last 11 years.

lol!

And, Sabidoo was right on the water heater. Just convert to PVC/CPVC and everything would have been fine. Anytime you have a plumbing problem these days, remove any old metal piping and replace it with PVC. It makes repairs a whole lot easier in the future.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
sabidoo

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:34 pm

I would say that you're lucky. Living on the left coast, with all the Gore worshipers, I'm surprised they will ALLOW you to heat water.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

If you bought the house new, then you can sue the builder for not installing it properly.

Oh, before my wife sees this, you do not own a "hot water heater". If the water were hot, you would not need a heater. It is merely a "water heater". With Holly working for a company that makes water heaters, I've heard this speech many times over the last 11 years.

lol!

No didn't buy the house new, and as far as I know the original "water heater" may have been installed properly.

"Water heater" that is funny but only because it makes sense. But wouldn't it make more sense to call it a "cold water heater"?
ROTFL

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:40 pm

sabidoo wrote:
I would say that you're lucky. Living on the left coast, with all the Gore worshipers, I'm surprised they will ALLOW you to heat water.

True dat. But I think I would be more worried if I where you, because he lived in your home state!!!!

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
sabidoo wrote:

True dat. But I think I would be more worried if I where you, because he lived in your home state!!!!

Home State? Try HOME COUNTY Sad Once upon a time, Smith County, TN was so proud of our "native son"...now we're ashamed! Thank God he moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left   Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulling Out What Little Hair I have Left
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: