Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+14
ishmael81
Fundy
unworthy
Samson
Readi_Sketti
Thomas
rockerVu2
sabidoo
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Driven
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:59 pm

It was up for a bit and then it disappeared, sometime last year…

I'm thinking you'd be pretty good at the organizing of the Vault, G/F. Might wanna look into helping them out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal15

Metal15

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:18 pm

I should see a chiropractor...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Checked back again like it says... how many years has it been now ?

Random Ramblings - Page 40 Firest10

Not to be negative, but I don't expect it to ever come back.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

I expect it to come back.. it's sad that it went viral before.. it was so much fun adding to it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Metal15

Metal15

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 am

huh, never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 am

Not to minimize the work and effort that goes into such a site as Firestream, but what does it take really ? I've single handedly created my own site which is slightly extensive and could easily be used as a catalyst towards a separate, all new website where people can add band pix, comments, ratings, and information.

I agree DBF, sign me up. I don't have lots of time, but I have a working knowledge of web design. My only concern would be having to pay for a site that would generate large amounts of bandwidth. I can't do that part.

Chris, you're familiar with setting up a site like this, would it be much different to create an archive site ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 am

Quote :
I should see a chiropractor...

Make sure your insurance will cover it before you go.

Quote :
Chris, you're familiar with setting up a site like this, would it be much different to create an archive site ?

The message board part of Firestream would not be that hard to recreate. Setting up an archive site would not be difficult, I think. However, I don't know that I would want to do something of that magnitude as then this place goes from a family feel to a major metropolis.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 am

The Vault felt a bit like metal-archives.com but just Christian. Members could look through lists by artist/album/style, become a fan of a band, add albums to their collection, and comment on albums.

I used to dabble in programming a couple years back, but I kinda gave up. I don't have the mind of an engineer when it comes to software. So I don't know what it would take. Database websites can't be too hard to create, though, unless you're making every single page manually.

One thing though… they should take regular backups. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am

Good stuff to think about... I originally thought it would be awesome if it was an offshoot of CHM somehow (as I know we at CHM would keep things of a strictly Christian nature), but then realized that Chris and company have way too much on their plates as it is (just with this board alone).

I'd be willing to look into an all new database. Unfortunately between my full time job, my commitment to editing 54 magazines for Doug, having a wife, a bi-monthly Bible study, my music hobby, my time chatting with you knuckleheads Laughing, my wife and I's addiction to Jack Bauer in the show "24", and all the other little things that life brings.... I wonder when I could actually do something like this affraid
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 am

there are plenty of people that are ready and willing to help out.. once the skeleton was up it wouldn't be that long before people came out of the woodwork to help get it updated like it did last time.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I'll be looking into such an endeavor... however, if I get this going, the only stipulation will be the fact that I'll allow ALL genres of music that GLORIFIES our Savior - with marginal sections on bands that have Christian influence in their works (the Call, U2, Megadeth).

But, for example, if I added Alice Cooper's pro-faith albums, I would not allow his entire discography as his other albums are not edifying. People could discuss those albums, but I wouldn't allow them in the archive. This site would be Christian to the core - so as to not stumble a younger person in the faith, or send mixed signals to those who are outsiders or new to CCM.

I think it'd be cool to have several of you guys and gals here as moderators since I trust you to add ONLY Christian, Faith-based artists/bands.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm

well.. you can trust me on that one.. but the others I'm not sure ;P

I don't consider any Alice Cooper to be christian.. he's had a song or two that I might consider christian but not an album. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal15

Metal15

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

I hate washing dishes...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Metal15 wrote:
I hate washing dishes...

Oh man me too, do you at least have a dishwashing machine or do you have to do them by hand? I lived in an apartment for 10 years with no diswasher and had to wash all the dishes by hand.

Metal15

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Metal15 wrote:
I hate washing dishes...

Oh man me too, do you at least have a dishwashing machine or do you have to do them by hand? I lived in an apartment for 10 years with no diswasher and had to wash all the dishes by hand.

yep, all by hand where I live. And there's seven people in my family, so washing dishes is no picnic here, lol.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm

unworthy wrote:
I don't consider any Alice Cooper to be christian..

I mean I don't consider any Cooper ALBUMS to be a "christian album"

-------

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4925
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40