Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+14
ishmael81
Fundy
unworthy
Samson
Readi_Sketti
Thomas
rockerVu2
sabidoo
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Driven
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 pm

I have always owned guns.......shotguns and rifles. I have never owned a handgun, but I believe now is the time.

So, in the very near future, I will be purchasing one and taking a concealed carry class..........because it's difficult to hide a 7mm Magnum rifle under a light jacket.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm

I have already taken that course and got my carry permit in October. I don't carry it all the time, but I do take it with me at times.

I actually own 4 handguns. I have a small .22 that was my grandfather's. My first purchased pistol was a Hi-Point 9 mm semi-automatic. Then, I bought a .44 magnum 5 shot revolver. That thing kicks like a mule when you shoot it! Lastly, my wife bought me a Ruger .22 semi-automatic. While I am far from being ready to shoot in a competition, I do feel confident that I could handle myself and my weapons should my life, or that of my wife, should that ever happen. Hopefully, a paper target will be all I ever have to shoot.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am

I've only ever fired BB guns in my life, maybe 3 or 4 times. Living where we do, there isn't much of a need for guns, at least not an apparent one. Hunting is popular here, however.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm

So on our date yesterday the wife and I drive into Seattle (about 45 miles) to eat at this little vegan pizza restaurant called Pizza Pi. The food was fantastic and it was kind of fun being a normal looking 40-something couple at a restaurant full of young granola crunching tree-hugger types. Then we went to the movies and saw Lincoln.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Quote :
The food was fantastic and it was kind of fun being a normal looking 40-something couple at a restaurant full of young granola crunching tree-hugger types.

With where you live, isn't that pretty much an everyday occurrence (the people...not the pizza)? lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 pm

I just bought a Marshall amp built in the late 80s.
Back to top Go down
Metal15

Metal15

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 am

spotify
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 am

When I was a teenager, my brother's friend brought all his weapons out to the desert where we live and we got to fire all of them. One of them was an illegal FULLY automatic weapon - yes, a machine gun. Thing was B.A.D. You held the trigger half way for one round, and pull it in all the way to rapid fire. Man that thing was fun.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 am

affraid

You must be a terrorist if you like automatic weapons! Hatemonger! How dare you love guns as they kill people!

Seriously, I don't feel that way at all. I am tired of the media and the liberal left creating so much fear of guns in order to soften people to the concept of surrendering them. The American news media is nothing more than a propaganda machine.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am

Quote :
Seriously, I don't feel that way at all. I am tired of the media and the liberal left creating so much fear of guns in order to soften people to the concept of surrendering them. The American news media is nothing more than a propaganda machine.

Precisely. Well said.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
The food was fantastic and it was kind of fun being a normal looking 40-something couple at a restaurant full of young granola crunching tree-hugger types.

With where you live, isn't that pretty much an everyday occurrence (the people...not the pizza)? lol!

Oddly enough most of the granola munching tree huggers collect around the big (pollution creating) cities (Seattle & Tacoma), and most of us in the suburbs or rural areas are quite normal (like the rest of the country).

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm

I know where I stand and what'll happen if you try it
I am fireproof
I know my heart and I just can't deny it
I am fireproof
I tried to tell you but you wouldn't be quiet
I am fireproof
I'll never bow down and you won't buy it
I am fireproof
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:10 pm

I want a gun but my wife won't let me get one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

I gave both my Saturday night special and my little 25 to my brother when I had kids, then refused to have a gun in the house until they were all moved out.

Now they're moved out... the time has come Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I gave both my Saturday night special and my little 25 to my brother when I had kids, then refused to have a gun in the house until they were all moved out.

Now they're moved out... the time has come Twisted Evil

I did pretty much the same thing. Gave my shotgun to my father while my kids were young. He gave it back when they moved so it is at home now, but I don't have any ammunition for it anywhere within a mile of the house. Kids (of any age) make incredibly dumb choices....dumb choices with guns can be fatally permanent.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 38 511963
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm

if you keep them locked in a safe they can't get to the guns.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Famous last words.

(sorry man, don't mean to knock you down, but I've heard a lot of stories - my best friend is a retired LAPD... lot of very sad stories)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 am

I grew up in a house full of loaded guns...my grandparents kept loaded guns and I have loaded guns in my house..cock the hammer and dump the clip. I don't care about sad stories and I refuse to use gun locks. We were taught as children about guns.(thanks dad and papa)...I think all people including children should be taught about guns.
this no tolerence laws everywhere society that is trying to keep us safe is nonsence..
the fact is things happen and violence happens..always has and always will. All you can do is bury the dead and move on.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 am

my wife is the daughter of a retired highway state patrol here in OH (in fact it goes back a few generations) .. and he was very forthright with my wife and that's why she is so anti-guns.. but I don't think the answer to irresponsible gun ownership is to punish the responsible gun owners or to take away guns...

I would like to have one and I know a safe would keep my kids hands away from them... but only if they did not know the combination nor that the gun was there.

just because morons do stupid things which allow kids to access their guns and haven't bothered to educate them on the dangers of guns and how to use them (tv will teach kids that guns are to shoot people, etc)... doesn't mean that gun ownership in and of itself is to blame!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 am

Did you guys see the petition for gun free zones for politicians? Apparently, Congress and our President think the safest place for kids is gun free zones - so this petition states that if it's the safest place for kids, it should be the safest for our politicians too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Just because you have a safe or a gun lock does not mean your kids cannot get to the guns. If you have a safe the only way to make sure the kids don't get them is to make sure you never write the combination down anyway (or have a finger-print safe).

My father had his gun locked up in a lock box with a key and I still managed to find the key and get the gun out when I was 10, fortunately I didn't kill myself (it was close though).

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 pm

I would consider someone who puts a gun in a safe that is any way accessible to anyone other than himself or his wife is part of the irresponsible gun owner party.. I wouldn't write down a combination anymore than I would right down my pin code for ATM card... would defeat the purpose of the safe.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

If someone is breaking into my house I don't have time for getting my gun out a stupid safe.........I was given my first single-shot .22 at the age of 6, I was taught how to properly use it and care for it and be safe with it.

Hiding guns or locking them away somewhere just makes kids curious......and curious kids do really dangerous things to satisfy their desire to find the forbidden items. Take the mystery out of the equation......just teach the kids about the guns, let them handle it (with supervision of course), and the vast majority of the problem is solved.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am

Talked with my siblings about the last things we have to do for mom.
I didn't like it.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next