Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Old Vinyl

Go down 
+10
unworthy
Ahlitah
Ascension
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Hardkore
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven, thats a nice turntable. I have a Sony turntable that I bought a few years back. I still run a complete component stereo with a dual cassette deck, My turntable, a really nice (and loud) onkyo amp with am/fm stereo radio built in, a sony cd player and bose speakers. I have alot of vinyl. Most of it is secular bands..but some of it is very collectable. i also have some original pressings of Elvis and Beatles albums. i have an original 1959 pressing of Elvis' king Creole. I also have some Elvis 45s from the 50s and 60s and some sun records releases. I have alot of 45s from 60s bands as well as some 80s hair metal 45s. .
As for Christian metal I have Stryper (on white and black vinyl), Darrel Mansfield, Resurrection Band, whitecross and Barren Cross. Alot of it I have had to buy online or in bigger record shops in St. Louis and Tulsa. I have noticed alot showing up on ebay lately. Alot of times merchants do not realize its christian metal so you find it alot in the secular metal listings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 pm

The first Christian album I bought was actually on 8-track tape and was The Resurrection band. sunny
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm

I just got an 8-track player a couple months back and it works !! It was cool cuz I bought it from a 70 year old Christian, so the tapes I got with it were all Christian praise and worship from the 70s and 80s.

I just like it for the nostalgia aspect.

I'm still on the hunt for Christian rock and pop vinyl... unfortunately, we're without extra money to blow on frivolous stuff like that right now. Sad

PS my Mom let me have her record collection a few years ago and there's some ancient stuff in there including Elvis and several 45s as well. Pretty cool, don't know what they're worth, I just like the nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:07 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Getting all nostalgic...

I've had an extensive record collection for some time - I love the sound and the way it takes me back to the 70s/80s.

I have quite a few old Christian records, but am very surprised in my searches (at record stores and thrift shops) that there aren't any Christian rock/metal. You'd think you could find an old Angelica, Barren Cross, Bloodgood, etc.

My thought is, they didn't press as many records of Christian bands as they did of, say, Neil Diamond (which can be found in ANY flea market record stack).

Anyone here ever seen original records by any greats of Christian rock/metal ? Anyone have any ?
Got quite a few. The Whole early Stryper Catalog, White Vinyl Solders Yellow Vinyl yellow and Black Attack the Reason for the Season Picture Disc a signed copy of Stryken first Stryke, All the Rez stuff all the sweet Comfort Stuff, Glass Harp, Petra, Mark Heard, Stonehill, Keggy Barnabas, Philadelphia, White Cross, Jerusalem, White Heart, Bloodgood honestly I don't know what all I do have. I would have to look to put together a list but I have a BUNCH of early Christian Rock and metal on Vinyl.
Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 DSC01304
Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 DSC01303
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Ascension wrote:
Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 DSC01304
Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 DSC01303

That is SWEET! (yes the pun was fully intended)

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 am

<----------- salivating over records
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Ascension, if you ever have the need to get rid of those old vinyls... keep me in mind Very Happy

Just scored some LP greats:

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 S7300210

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 S7300211

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 S7300212
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Someone scored some more LPs ! cheers

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Img_0110
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Todays super score !
Now my LP collection is starting to take shape.

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Img_0111
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 am

I'm getting jealous here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:31 am

Alter Boys and Undercover...nice!

I have all 3 versions of Stryper's Y&B attack.

I need to go to the flea market and see what they might have there.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Closest flea market is 2 hours from me Sad

I just won 9 Christian LPs on ebay, some for only 1.99 each !! Can't wait till they arrive
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Today's haul =

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Img_0112
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:47 am

I've got that White Heart Vital Signs disc...sort of. Someone gave it to me years ago...broken. Don't know if they knew it was in two pieces. That was the only one in the batch that was.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:58 am

BTW, have you listened to that Bloodgood RIAHP LP yet. How does the bass sound if you turn it up.

Plus,about how many vinyl do you have now?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Yea, I got an old Undercover album in the mail and the seller didn't pack it good, it was cracked clean in half. I was so bummed (she refunded it, but I was still bummed cuz I wanted it).

When I was a teen I had about 200 records but they were all Slayer, Venom, and the like - needless to say I trashed all those.

My record thing started about 10 years ago when someone dumped about a 1000 records on me and said "they're yours". I went through all of them and weeded out the trash and the ones I wasn't interested in. Ended up with around 200 albums - only 2 of them were Christian. My Mom also gave me her LPs and 45s since she didnt want them anymore (some OLD Elvis, Loving Spoonful, Monkeys, etc - and the 45s go back to her childhood in the late 40s)

In recent years I got interested in having more Christian classics rather than secular. Theyre harder to find unfortunately. I'm up to about 30 now. I'd say with those 30 and the rest, I've got about 400 LPs. About half of those I'll prolly be selling at my yard sale come spring.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh, and as far as quality of sound... we've really been robbed over the years of depth of sound. No other media's got the sound a record can capture. If you prep the record so there's no static or dust, the sound is truly amazing. I have the Bloodgood album in mp3 only, and the comparison is crazy. The LP sounds so good !
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Some of my dad's records have small skips in them.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:41 pm

I get the occasional skip, me and my wife crack up (cuz it reminds us of our childhood)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Todays haul =

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Img_0210
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 pm

You got me salivating over that Barnabas there… Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 pm

More goodies. First albums by Michael Card and Allies - Classics !
And one of my favs: Mylon Lefevre- Crack the sky

Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 Img_0212
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I need to go to the flea market and see what they might have there.

Well I finally got around to the flea market and checked out just about all of what they had. Sadly the only thing from the Christian market that I could find was Leon Patillo's Love around the world disc. Sad
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Thats about the luck I have at thrift stores and swap meets. I always find corny old gospel LPs, but no Christian rock.

That's why I've been bidding on ebay LP lots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am

Wow! That Malcolm and the Mirrors lp takes me back. I have that one, along with Barnabas and Allies on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Old Vinyl
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next