Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Old Vinyl

Go down 
+10
unworthy
Ahlitah
Ascension
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Hardkore
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

I got such an amazing deal on this one. I've seen this debut 1981 release by Lifesavers/Michael Knott LP going for as much as 90 bucks.

Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 Lifesa10
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 am

Never seen that one before. Yeah there are a couple other rares that I know that they are asking for a pretty penny. One time one of them was under $10 once but I got out bid.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am

I've recently been outbid on a ton of stuff. It really stinks, but that's how it works I guess - the man with the largest wallet walks away with the prize.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've recently been outbid on a ton of stuff. It really stinks, but that's how it works I guess - the man with the largest wallet walks away with the prize.
 A lot of times it is more so how far you are willing to go on your credit card.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 am

Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Correction: It's how far my wife will allow me to go on our credit card Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Correction: It's how far my wife will allow me to go on our credit card Laughing
Well I don't have a wife so it is all up to me. Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 Icon_biggrin

Then again I set limits so I try not to get too carried away.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Smart man. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 pm

I found one.
I bid.
I won.
I cried tears of joy.

Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 Xsinne10
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:57 am

Is that the one I saw on ebay that vanished . It had a pretty penny of a cost on it. How much did you have to fork out.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:18 am

NOPE ! I stole this sucker ! After S&H I paid 16.94 GBP which came to 26.08 !

I checked it over real good and it looks real. You can't counterfeit the look, feel and smell of a 26 year old album.

2 more albums to find and my top 5 wants of all time will be complete !
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
NOPE ! I stole this sucker !

Alright,I'm calling the cops!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm sure the cops will LOVE to hang out in my media room and listen to some x-sinner on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 pm

It was 25 years ago this year when the Christian Metal scene would be forever changed. Bands like Barren Cross, Guardian and Stryper were household names in Christian Metal at this point, playing Melodic and Power Metal styles for the Christian Metal mainstream.  Up to this point no band had come along that appealed to the heavier Christian Metal masses with that speed and thrash metal sound that was so prevalent in the Metal mainstream.
The year was 1988 when Intense Records would unleash the most brutal Christian Metal release to date, a release that would forever change the scene and the Christian Metal Industry. That album was entitled ‘Human Sacrifice’ and the band responsible for its release to an unsuspecting world, Vengeance Rising.

Few albums can claim to have started a musical movement like Human Sacrifice with its fast and heavy music with lyrics boldly reflecting faith in Christ. Initially the album would be deemed to brutal, with its graphic depiction of the bloodied hand of Christ, and some of the most brutally honest and graphic lyrics that would impact a generation, as a result the album would be banned from the shelves of many Christian retail outlets.

Roxx Records in partnership with Sanctuary International are set to recognize the 25thanniversary of this seminal ground breaking album with a very Limited Edition, hand-numbered picture disc pressing of this long out of print release. Having been out of print for many years in any format, barring a one-time Limited Edition CD pressing of only 1000 pieces on CD back in 2010, the vinyl version has been nearly impossible to find in any shape or form for many years, this Limited Edition pressing is sure to become a much sought after collector’s item.

This Limited Edition picture disc will be pressed to vinyl in a strictly limited quantity of only 300 pieces. The artwork is set to be completely recreated to resemble the original artwork using prints from the original photo sessions for the album cover by graphic artist Scott Waters. Additionally, the album is set to contain only the original 13 tracks which were completely remastered for vinyl by J Powell at Steinhaus Remastering.

In addition there will also be a very special Limited Edition 18” x 22” run poster of the ‘hand of Christ’ as portrayed on the original album cover that was taken from the original master photo shoot. Many people may not realize, but the hand on that album cover is actually that of Pastor Bob Beeman of Sanctuary International. Pastor Bob will be hand numbering and personally signing these Limited Edition posters which were recreated from that original print taken from his own personal collection, and are suitable for framing.

Set for release on October 1, 2013 these posters and the picture disc will quickly become collector’s items so snag one quickly!  All of the proceeds from the sale of this poster will be donated to ‘The Bridge Bunch’ an organization established to help feed the homeless and displaced of Nashville Tennessee.

For pre-sale information and to stay up to date on the pressing with special emails and photos please sign up for our email list at www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Shocked

cheers

Twisted Evil

Headbang
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:18 pm

More like this (if I had emoticons that reflected this)

::Wow !::

::ROCK!!::

::Wait a minute...::

::I'm broke, in fact I'm in debt from music purchases...::

::Cry::
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:17 pm

omg, my son-in-law called me from a yard sale and told me this guy had a box of 96 Christian LPs with half of them being early rock (petra, Keaggy, etc)- he talked them down to 40 bucks !!!
He brought them over last night and it was like a grab bag of classics ! And I only paid less than 50 cents for each.
There's a bunch of Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, David Meece, Resurrection band, tons of Petra, and so many more.... I am stoked !!!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:18 pm

I am somewhat jealous… I'm not coveting, but man, I would've liked to find that deal… Razz
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am

Lucky you. A time like that ,usually you can only dream of.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 am

Yeh, they're in good to great condition, and there are several duplicates from my collection, so I figured I'd keep the best condition and ebay the rest. There's also a bunch of southern gospel in there too -which is not my thing.... so I'm sure I can make my 40 bucks back selling what I don't want.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 am

I might have to get one of them from you. When will you be posting a list?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Someone practically hugged the mailman today.
#80 of 300 LE

Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 Vengea10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Guess I'll be checking my mail as soon as I get home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:24 am

Well I hadn't gotten any vinyl in a while. I just got these recently. This is my first pic to photobucket so I haven't out if I can or how to resize yet.

OK,I figured it out and added a smaller pic.

Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 DSC00728_zps15724d76
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:05 am

That Undercover is cool. Becker was alright on those albums, I wished she'd had a band to cut lose with her voice.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Nice HardKore !  I have the first 2 vinyls, but not the 3rd yet (is that "The Reckoning" ?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Old Vinyl
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next