Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11

Go down 
+12
Readi_Sketti
Guilty/Forgiven
Through The Dark Radio
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
MikeInFla
Mac
Samson
kerrick
Staybrite
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey guys, you know what's really cool?  Is that this conversation is accessible to anyone on the internet!  I hope that some random person stumbles upon this thread while searching for "kidney stones" or "babies" or something hahahahaha...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I had tubes put in my ears when I was 6 and then a hernia repair when I was in my late 20s.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 pm

The tubes thing sucks - I had them done when I was around 29/30 years old. My "Made in America" body developed my Eustachian tubes all messed up, so my entire life I've had fluid in both ears that creates strong pressure against my eardrums. The tubes helped and changed my life (and my hearing!) for about a year. When the tubes fell out, my ears just went right back to being full of fluid. 

And as for hernia repair... my brother still has pain after all these years - feel bad for him. They did a bad job on his.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:08 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hey guys, you know what's really cool?  Is that this conversation is accessible to anyone on the internet!  I hope that some random person stumbles upon this thread while searching for "kidney stones" or "babies" or something hahahahaha...  Twisted Evil
Haha !!

Someday when someone does a Google search for Christian hard rock and kidney stones at the same time eh lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:15 pm

We got tubes for one of our sons when he was little. The poor little guy used to get an ear infection once a month....after the tubes, no more infections. It was great.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Starts as a cramping feeling in the kidney area (right or left) then increases in pain until you're on the floor clutching your side - thoughts go through your mind, like, did my appendix burst ?  It feels like someone took an inch thick steel rod, heated it up and jabbed it into your side/back about 6 inches in. Then they begin to move the rod around in your body... that's the best way I can describe the pain.
Thanks for the memories!  The only part you forgot was feeling like an NFL punter did a number on you! 

And since this is the "surgery" question I'll share this, even though it wasn't really surgery: the most uncomfortable doctor's visit I had, even more than the vasectomy, was when the urologist scoped my bladder to find the infection.  Talk about wishing I could be put under!
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Welp I've never passed a kidney stone but delivered 2 babies! My first labour was long and drawn out. Petosin was my best friend lol! With my second baby she came hard and fast! I didn't have the epideral shot yet. I was in a ton of pain and probably one of the few times in my life I've ever dropped the F-bomb!
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:07 pm

kerrick wrote:
LOL! That is GREAT!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Quote :
Welp I've never passed a kidney stone but delivered 2 babies! My first labour was long and drawn out. Petosin was my best friend lol! With my second baby she came hard and fast! I didn't have the epidural shot yet. I was in a ton of pain and probably one of the few times in my life I've ever dropped the F-bomb!

Forgive?

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm

She Eats Cheese wrote:
Welp I've never passed a kidney stone but delivered 2 babies! My first labour was long and drawn out. Petosin was my best friend lol! With my second baby she came hard and fast! I didn't have the epideral shot yet. I was in a ton of pain and probably one of the few times in my life I've ever dropped the F-bomb!
I never had kidney stones or a baby, so I can't say :p
I had gallstones, not sure how that equates
Hey, I thought you guys had 2 boys?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Readi_Sketti wrote:
She Eats Cheese wrote:
I never had kidney stones or a baby, so I can't say :p
I had gallstones, not sure how that equates
Hey, I thought you guys had 2 boys?
I had gallstones too, and while they are miserable they aren't quite the same. Basically I'd get a dull pain in my stomach that would last for hours, strong enough that I couldn't do anything except lay down, and it usually wouldn't go away unless I threw up.  Apparently the pain was caused by excessive amounts of bile going into my stomach because my gall bladder was mostly blocked. Not being one that enjoys pain, I started making myself throw up as soon as I felt an attack coming on.

Last edited by BearDad on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 am

Before I had my gall bladder taken out, I had pains in my chest like I was having a heart attack.  That's why I went to the doctor in the first place!  The doc even gave me nitro glycerin tablets to help get rid of the pain, but they did not help.  I did a stress test and then an upper body CAT scan.  They found no blockages in my arteries.  But, they did find a gall stone.  One MASSIVE gall stone that had completely filled up my gall bladder.  All the bile was backing up into my chest cavity and causing the pain.

After the gall bladder came out, I was fine.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:44 am

She Eats Cheese wrote:
Petosin my wife's best friend too. And each kid came faster than the previous one, we have 3. First one took 20 hours to push, the second about 20 minutes and the 3rd about 20 seconds. When the 3rd one came out the Dr was saying "wait don't push I have to get over there!". Actually she took a little longer than 20 seconds affraid only because she wanted to come out face up and babies are supposed to come out facing down so he had to turn her around. But it probably would've take only one push if it weren't for that.

Anyway, she says the Petosin was a life saver.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:21 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Actually she took a little longer than 20 seconds affraid only because she wanted to come out face up and babies are supposed to come out facing down so he had to turn her around.
What are you talking about!? The always come out face up on TV and in the movies! Of course, they always come out clean and quite large, and in rapid time, but that's because they know they are going to be on camera so they get cleaned and buffed up before making their big debut! Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:57 pm

BearDad wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Actually she took a little longer than 20 seconds affraid only because she wanted to come out face up and babies are supposed to come out facing down so he had to turn her around.
What are you talking about!? The always come out face up on TV and in the movies! Of course, they always come out clean and quite large, and in rapid time, but that's because they know they are going to be on camera so they get cleaned and buffed up before making their big debut! Smile

lol!
ROTFL 

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Technically, the following procedure is considered "surgery" - at least that's how they categorize it.

I had a barium enema scan done, back when they were working me up for possible polyps or ulcers.
Basically, for those who are not educated about this procedure that is standard after you turn 50 (and to be repeated every 10 years after), they put a tube up there, then to keep it in place they fill up a little airbag that's already inside of you - this prevents it from poppin out. Then they begin pumping your colon full of white chalky barium until it's so full you feel like exploding ! Then they tell you to relax affraid  while they spend the next several minutes taking xrays of your impacted colon.
Once complete (which feels like forever), you get to pinch it together as you RUN to the restroom and "empty" the barium back out.

There you go. If you're turning 50, get ready for that one.

EDIT: I was wrong about this procedure being the one they have you do at 50.... read below for the correct one you must do at 50:

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:35 pm

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Technically, the following procedure is considered "surgery" - at least that's how they categorize it.

I had a barium enema scan done, back when they were working me up for possible polyps or ulcers.
Basically, for those who are not educated about this procedure that is standard after you turn 50 (and to be repeated every 10 years after), they put a tube up there, then to keep it in place they fill up a little airbag that's already inside of you - this prevents it from poppin out. Then they begin pumping your colon full of white chalky barium until it's so full you feel like exploding ! Then they tell you to relax affraid  while they spend the next several minutes taking xrays of your impacted colon.
Once complete (which feels like forever), you get to pinch it together as you RUN to the restroom and "empty" the barium back out.

There you go. If you're turning 50, get ready for that one.
I am now fervently praying for Christ's return sometime in the next three years!!!!

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 PrayingDumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 PrayingDumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 PrayingDumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 Praying
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:02 am

That's one of those procedures that your doctor will tell you that you need at 50.  However, it is not mandatory.  If my blood work looks good on my checkup at the time, then I won't be taking that test.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 am

Well, I guess it is my turn. Since some are talking about stitches and going to a clinic ,I will add those too.

My earliest that I know of (I was so young I don't have any memory of it) was I broke my collarbone twice in the same spot.

In 4th grade I had to get stitches in the back of my head.

7th grade ~ tripped on a chain link and went head first onto the cement. Had a huge knot on my forehead. Had to go it for that.

Went down on my chest at church during the Easter musical one year. That night at work I felt and heard a huge pop. Had to go in for X-rays and they found nothing. Next day saw a bone Doc. My ribs had all popped out of place on my left side. Had to do light duty (basically not using my left arm) for 2 weeks to allow all the ribs to pop back into joint.

Once tried to blow my nose and I blew it out. The inside wall had opened up and blood vessels were in the airway. I blew so hard to blood vessels popped. Had to have surgery to fix them and close up my nose wall (cauterized).

Went in for a mild case of pneumonia .

Was off from work and a day later thought I had a cold or flu so I took some meds . A couple days later still had it but then noticed my leg. It had swollen and had red streaks going up it. I had scratched it on something metal and didn't realize it. I took some more meds to clear my head up some and drove myself to the hospital. Went to the ER, checked myself in and stayed there for 4 days. They simply pumped me full of antibiotics. They released me at my request (to save money and get back to work) giving me a prescription.

Do root canals count?
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:00 am

Never had a root canal but have had oral surgery. 3 wisdom teeth extractions!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:11 pm

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Dang Hardkore, out that entire list the one that had me cringing the most was what you did to your own nose!!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 pm

So, my wife corrected me on the whole barium enema thing... that's not the necessary one when you turn 50... it's a colonoscopy. Which sounds bad, but I've had 2 and those were no big deal. They give you Versed which makes you so high and knocks you out for a little while, then when you awake, you feel so mellow and relaxed, it's great. You have no idea at all what they did down south.

I also had an endoscopy (going down the throat to look at the stomach and stuff)... that one they knock you out cold for. You just wake up with a sore throat.

And as for Dr's telling you that you have to have a colonoscopy at 50 then every 10 years thereafter, it's not something to sluff off. In the medical field I've seen many stubborn people that refused a standard colonoscopy at 50 who had colon cancer brewing down there that could have been taken care of with a screening. We recently had a guy who just turned 60 who refused the procedure, and died the next year from colon cancer. Could've been prevented, and he could've spent another 20 years enjoying his grandkids if he wasn't so stubborn. cum se cum sa.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 pm

It's also good to begin getting regular prostate exams around 50 also. Unfortunately the physical method is more reliable than the blood test (PSA) as recent results are finding the blood tests to be in inaccurate in many cases.

Another test I've had... lemme recommend something, find a Dr with small fingers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next