Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13

Go down 
+9
Guilty/Forgiven
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
BearDad
kerrick
Mac
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Ok youngsters (and us oldsters still young at heart)...and the rest of you.  It's that time again.  This weeks query is centered at thrill seekers.

Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Never! Well unless someone gave me like a million dollars to do it!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Been skydiving four or five times.  Haven't bungeejumped but will if I ever get the opportunity to.   afro
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Never. Nor would I ever go scuba diving.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Nope!  I ain't jumpin' out of an airplane unless my chances of survival are better outside.  I also don't see the point in becoming a human yo-yo by bungee jumping.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:00 pm

I'd totally do it. Bring it on! Wouldn't it be cool to have a CHM skydiving event!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I don't see the point to either.

I'll just stick to sittin' on the porch drinking coffee and yellin' at the punks to stay off my lawn.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Not too interested in either.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:43 pm

No! I'm phobic about heights.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Quote :
I'd totally do it. Bring it on! Wouldn't it be cool to have a CHM skydiving event!

From most of the responses, it looks like you could be the only person skydiving and be wearing a CHM t-shirt and that would constitute a CHM event.   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Wow, not many thrill seekers here.

I used to be a paratrooper in the Army and I have somewhere around 40 jumps. My wife also did sport parachute for a year and has over a dozen jumps. Neither of us has been bungee jumping before, but I would probably do it if I was in better health.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

From most of the responses, it looks like you could be the only person skydiving and be wearing a CHM t-shirt and that would constitute a CHM event.   lol!

I'll go with you!  I want a cool CHM shirt...

Staybrite wrote:
Wow, not many thrill seekers here.

I used to be a paratrooper in the Army and I have somewhere around 40 jumps.  My wife also did sport parachute for a year and has over a dozen jumps.  Neither of us has been bungee jumping before, but I would probably do it if I was in better health.

Hmm well how about you get your health in order, I'll get my finances in order... and in a little while we'll do it!  Maybe it'll just be you, Rob, and I.  Does anything special happen "when three or more gather in CHM's name"?   Razz
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 pm

I get my thrills elsewhere.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Hmm well how about you get your health in order, I'll get my finances in order... and in a little while we'll do it! Maybe it'll just be you, Rob, and I. Does anything special happen "when three or more gather in CHM's name"? Razz

Sounds like a plan! Now where's that Ensure.

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I get my thrills elsewhere.  Suspect

I'm not touching that with a 12ft pole.

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 pm

There will be Christian Metal!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm

When I was 18, I took my girlfriend to Knott's Berry Farm and we went on the Parachutes. You get into these cabled 3x4' boxes that have a fake parachute, they slowly crank you straight up -so high that you can see all of Buena Park and surrounding cities -Then DROP you ! Freefall until about 20 feet from the ground and it quickly slows down for a nice landing.
Sounds great... however, I experienced my first panic attack. I played it cool in front of my gf, but I literally couldn't breathe as we were falling, and for about an hour after that, I had severe anxiety and felt like I had to get out of the park. She knew I wasn't too thrilled about the Parachute ride, but I pretended I was having a good time for her sake. Totally sucked.
I've since been on several roller coasters with my kids as they were growing up, but even then when the coasters would DROP, I had a lot of trouble with that.

So yep, I have a fear of falling that I've never been able to overcome. But I've been a good sport and did all the coasters with my kids... when grandkids come along later... NOT gonna happen   Evil or Very Mad Laughing ... grandkids will be on their own !
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 am

I have thought of and considered skydiving before in the past.I might even think of scuba diving,except not in shark infested waters. As for bungee...that one I'll skip. 

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
But I've been a good sport and did all the coasters with my kids... when grandkids come along later... NOT gonna happen   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 Icon_evil Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 Icon_lol ... grandkids will be on their own !

Instead, just get their parents to go with them. You can just join the kids on the bumper cars.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 am

lol!  I could handle bumper cars if it weren't for my spine. Heck, I'm pretty much out of commission for most everything except watching cartoons with my grandkids...  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 am

Oh yeah, I did that parachute drop. That's when I realized my disdain for dropping from high places.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 Lol  I could handle bumper cars if it weren't for my spine. Heck, I'm pretty much out of commission for most everything except watching cartoons with my grandkids...  Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 Icon_lol

Oh well, you can just wave to them from the sidelines then.

Speaking of roller coasters reminded me of something. Years ago when I went to Disney World with the college age group from church, a few of us rode Space Mountain back after back after back at the end of the day. While on it we would start singing Mylon & Broken Hearts -Trains Up In The Sky.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 pm

That's pretty sweet about riding Space Mountain several times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm a huge coaster fan but I can't handle them like I did 20 years ago. But last year at this time I was in Disney and one of my favorite memories was riding the Space Mountain ride with my oldest son. When my kids were little and I'd go on a kiddie ride with them I'd ask the ride operator if the ride goes upside down just to mess with them. So when we got on Space Mountain I thought it would be funny to ask "is this the ride that plays that cheesy small world song?" It made the ride operator chuckle but I think it embarrassed my son but hey that's part of my job as a dad!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:19 pm

At Magic Mountain we rode the Free Fall about 15 times in a row before calling the contest a tie.  We got there when the gates opened so we were able to have back to back rides for about an hour.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Quote :
Wouldn't it be cool to have a CHM skydiving event!

That would be very cool, but only to make pics.
I never will do skydiving.

I think I like the BBQ after that much more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next