Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11

Go down 
+12
Readi_Sketti
Guilty/Forgiven
Through The Dark Radio
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
MikeInFla
Mac
Samson
kerrick
Staybrite
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 pm

OK kiddies, I have been reminded that I am delinquent with the Dumb Kwestion of the Week. So off the top of my mostly bald head, here it is.

Have you ever had surgery or been hospitalized for any reason? (No, "being born" does not count).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Hahahaha oh this is a good one.  Two of my "finer" moments (I hope your browsers support the sarcasm font...).

1.  One family Christmas party of years past, my uncle knew I had a pocket knife and asked me to open my cousin's new robot toy that was attached to the packaging with multiple zip-ties.  I grabbed the package to take it so I could cut away from myself but he held it tight.  Forgoing all I've ever been taught... I attempted to cut off the zip-ties by cutting towards myself.  In a flash I sliced open my forearm.  I could see the tendons (which I barely nicked - could've been SO much worse!) in the open wound of my arm.  The skin stretched apart so that it was basically a round hole in my arm.  Had to get stitches for that one...

2.  This one is even more stupid.  To celebrate my graduation from college and my friend's graduation from the Air Force Academy, the two of us traveled to Norway.  On our last night there, with our new-friends (his distant relatives and company), we got a bunch of booze and hit the park.  I got some scotch to share... but nobody shared it with me...  Not being accustomed to hard liquor, I drank it up like water.  And then it hit...  There's some very embarrassing video footage of me being dumb haha.  Long story short, I blacked out and woke up in the hospital to my friend saying, "Kerrick, we gotta go and catch our flight."  I had no idea where we were (was still drunk) and remember the nurse looking at me with an inquisitive thumbs-up.  I just smiled and returned the thumbs-up for why wouldn't I be good?  Rolling Eyes  Yeah... pathetic.  I made a complete fool and hassle of myself to my friends.  In hindsight, I probably didn't need to go to the hospital but they were concerned because I was blacked out and nobody could get me to vomit (though they tried, bless their hearts...).  Pathetic I was indeed.  But thanks to socialized healthcare, I didn't have to pay a dime for the hospital visit or ambulance ride!  Kids, don't abuse alcohol.  It makes you dumb and a hassle/worry to your friends.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:35 am

Two surgeries:

First one was October 2010 for a kidney stone that was literally the size of a freakin marble. I had an excorporeal shock wave lithotripsy that disintegrated it into about fifty smaller pieces.

Second one was November 2011 for carpal tunnel surgery. Not being able to use my hand sucked, but it did get me 3 weeks off from working in the hellhole where I was employed at the time.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:59 am

Never had surgery but one time was hospitalized for food poisoning!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:52 am

3 years old - had ears operated on or I would be deaf now. 1974. Also had adnoids taken out at that time.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

Not that I can remember… I've been to a walk-in clinic a couple of times, but I've never had anything serious. Thank you Lord! Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 am

Let me answer this one when I get home tonight.  It's gonna take me a while.  Does anyone want pics of the surgery scars?  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:35 am

In that case I've never been hospitalized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am

I broke both bones in my right wrist which led to an overnight hospital stay.  The Doc thought he might need to rebreak the bones as they set a little off.

I also broke my collar bone which led to a hospital visit.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:53 pm

NO PICS! Hear me alldat.

I had stitches twice as a kid due to my being willing to try anything on a BMX bike. Both in the head so bring on the jokes.
Spent the night in the hospital twice for sleep apnea testing which I have.
Other then that, I try to avoid Dr.'s. At my age I go in for a hurt foot and they bring out the rubber glove.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Do you just want this year or the past few years? Razz

Back in May, I was in the hospital to remove a cyst near my pituitary gland.  Fortunately the cyst was benign but it did mess with my pit gland.  And as such, I now have cranial diabetes insipidus (or diabetes type P as we like to call it Very Happy).  I had to spend 5 days in the ICU mainly due to the fact that the regular nurses couldn't keep tab of my input and output.  Now I take desmopressin to keep my CDI regulated.  I had a follow-up MRI done and everything still looks go as the cyst hasn't grown back Smile
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Sooo, you were in ICU for your CDI and then had an MRI. IDK how you do it.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Whoah... too many acronyms!!!
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh yeah I almost forgot I was hospitalized once for getting tongue twisted trying to say too many acronyms!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Quote :

NO PICS! Hear me alldat.
You don't know what you're missing!  lol! 

OK, here goes my massive list!

I have had the following surgeries:

Hernia repair
Had the end of my left ring finger reattached
Had a deviated septum repaired (from a probable broken nose as a kid)
Plantar fasciitis (heel spurs) removed on my right foot
Endoscopy
Gall bladder removal
Plantar fasciitis removed from my left foot
Repair of right fibula with steel plate (8 inches) and 8 screws.  Also, reattachment of all tendons connecting to bottom of my heel that were ripped off when I broke the fibula!  I'm still healing up from this one.

I was in the hospital for a week with the hernia repair when I was just 16 years old.  I stayed in overnight when my ring finger was fixed.  I have also been in the hospital for 3 days with pneumonia.  All my other surgeries were done as outpatient, and I far prefer that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I've had my share of injuries in my life. When I was about 5 or 6 I was playing chase with my brother. I tripped and hit my temple on the corner of the wall in the living room. My parents rushed me to the hospital I had to get stitches.

A few years later when I was about 10 years old I was riding my bike. We lived along a rather busy road at the time. I remember crossing the street in front of my house. There was this car coming down the street. It was an elderly couple and they must have been going about 25 or 30 mph. I thought I could make it across the street in time. I totally misjudged. All a sudden I'm on the hood of the car. My mom saw the whole thing happen and she was freaking out. Next thing I know I'm lying on my front lawn. I must have blacked out cuz I don't know how I got there. My 10 speed bike was totalled but luckily I only got some bruises and I didn't break anything.

Then in the winter of 2011 I was putting in a chandelier at my parents house. They have a cathedral ceiling in the front hall. I'm on the top step of the step ladder but I couldn't quite reach the ceiling to plug in the light. So I had this brilliant idea to step on the step that's clearly labeled "don't step on or beyond". I should have had my dad steady the ladder but I'm too bullheaded to ask for help. I don't know how I did this but the ladder toppled over somehow I landed on my foot. I fractured my right foot in 3 places.

All these crazy things happened at my parents house. I don't know if its some kind of bad omen but sure is creepy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:18 am

I'll just wing it like Alldat did:

Broke right arm skating
Broke left arm being tripped+shoved to the ground by a couple dudes at school -arm had to be set..
Broke left middle finger knuckle when it was caught in a shopping cart and bent all the way back
Had ear drum surgery at 29 years old
Hospitalized twice for passing kidney stones the size of Plymouth Rock. Once at 3 in the morning and more recently on Catalina Island (note to self: never pass a stone on an ISLAND !!!)
And finally as many of you are most aware of: 2 back surgeries - first was a partial laminectomy to buy me time, which failed, thus resulting in the inevitable complete laminectomy involving the shaving of bone fragments to fill in the empty space, then 2 brackets with 4 screws holding it all neatly in place.

Which.... btw, is now failing. I have an appointment early January to be considered for the opening up of my entire lumbar and middle spinal area to throw some rods in there as my discs are all flat. Just like brake pads that are completely gone, well, you get the picture. bone on bone. 2014 gonna be fun.
Hoping it's not the year that lands me in a wheelchair as my surgeon predicted back in 2005.

Ugh, what a depressing topic ! We're gonna revoke your screen-name "Stay-Bright" ! Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 am

Once licking the glue on an envelope I got a paper cut on my tongue!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 am

Rabid Rob wrote:
Then in the winter of 2011 I was putting in a chandelier at my parents house. They have a cathedral ceiling in the front hall. I'm on the top step of the step ladder but I couldn't quite reach the ceiling to plug in the light. So I had this brilliant idea to step on the step that's clearly labeled "don't step on or beyond". I should have had my dad steady the ladder but I'm too bullheaded to ask for help. I don't know how I did this but the ladder toppled over somehow I landed on my foot. I fractured my right foot in 3 places.
Oh yeah, I remember you (and Mac) talking about that.
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

Oh Rats!!! I just broke a nail Sad
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am

I vote we put Cheesy in the hospital. cheers
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Sooo, you were in ICU for your CDI and then had an MRI. IDK how you do it.
IKR!!!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 pm

AAR8 it's gd you are AAS. IMJS.
Back to top Go down
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm

One time I stapled bologna to my face and stuck my head in the fish tank and was bitten by my pet piranha....

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Cheesy, get help. rendeer Don't make me give you a hangnail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #11
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next