Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What impact has the corona virus on you?

Go down 
+20
Samson
mr.electric40
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
Driven
Fundy
Jen5
Staybrite
Black Rider
MikeInFla
bassdude
topshot rhit
Normaniac
Oldiesmann
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Black Rider wrote:
That number of deaths is way over inflated, I know too many people who had family members die and if they had the virus it's listed as cause of death. One had cancer and was dying but had Covid so it's what they put on the certificate.

Most of us won't disagree with that, but we still have to allow people the choice of whether to get the shot or not.  I actually agree with you about the falsified numbers and it being more sham than real pandemic, but even I took the jab.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 9:02 am

Starting to get back into a proper routine. Showered and shaved. Ate some solid food. Lord willing, will become less dependent on sleep. Drank both coffee and milk.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Starting to get back into a proper routine.   Showered and shaved.  Ate some solid food.  Lord willing,  will become less dependent on sleep. Drank both coffee and milk.

Certainly sounds like you might be getting back to normal.  Good news.  Thumbs Up

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 4:38 pm

Chris, that's fine, I'm not against people getting it though I am concerned about it's long term affects. It's the mass push by the government and the guilt as if you are evil for not getting it that bugs me.

Staybrite, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Starting to get back into a proper routine.   Showered and shaved.  Ate some solid food.  Lord willing,  will become less dependent on sleep. Drank both coffee and milk.

Certainly sounds like you might be getting back to normal.  Good news.  Thumbs Up
Thank you,  brother.

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Yes, I am the king of flip-floppers. Solely by the grace Of God will I get through this and return to my job. I will not be getting the jab. If my antibodies can overcome this so-called Delta Variant, then the vaccine is redundant at best and potentially harmful at worst.

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Showered and shaved.
I thought something was getting rank in here. Usually I just blame Chris.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 am

Thanks, DiG. I can feel the love. Smile

deathisgain likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 6:09 am

deathisgain wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Showered and shaved.
I thought something was getting rank in here. Usually I just blame Chris.

Hey, I am on summer break from school.  Why shower?   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

rockerVu2, Black Rider, deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 7:31 am

It's just nice being fever-free for two days, and being able to think clearly.

Thank God He is soveriegn, and able to orchestrate legions of stuff to facilitate this.   Cool

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 am

Black Rider wrote:
Chris, that's fine, I'm not against people getting it though I am concerned about it's long term affects. It's the mass push by the government and the guilt as if you are evil for not getting it that bugs me.

Guilt and fear is the way our government gets their way these days.  Fear and guilt over COVID, "climate change", critical race theory, etc.  COVID is just one small piece in the puzzle to globally take the freedoms of people and enslave them under a one-world regime.  It has all been expected.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Guilt and fear is the way our government gets their way these days.  Fear and guilt over COVID, "climate change", critical race theory, etc.  COVID is just one small piece in the puzzle to globally take the freedoms of people and enslave them under a one-world regime.  It has all been expected.

Maybe. But I still believe that if enough of us push back, we can delay what's coming. If Josiah's actions could delay Judah's fall and exile for 3 decades, imagine what could happen if the majority of the church would wake up and TRULY seek God's face.

topshot rhit, Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 11:38 am

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Maybe. But I still believe that if enough of us push back, we can delay what's coming. If Josiah's actions could delay Judah's fall and exile for 3 decades, imagine what could happen if the majority of the church would wake up and TRULY seek God's face.

Oh, I truly believe we all need to seek God's face.  We could drive back the forces of darkness.

I also believe that there is an appointed time for everything.  Our deaths.  The return of Christ.  Only the Father knows the time of the end.  I don't see how we are going to make God change His calendar for us, though.  Why would we want to?  We should be trying to insure that the whole world hears the gospel so that as many will be saved will be ready when He comes.  Let's let God be God and decide when the time of the Gentiles is done.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 2:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Oh, I truly believe we all need to seek God's face.  We could drive back the forces of darkness.

I also believe that there is an appointed time for everything.  Our deaths.  The return of Christ.  Only the Father knows the time of the end.  I don't see how we are going to make God change His calendar for us, though.  Why would we want to?  We should be trying to insure that the whole world hears the gospel so that as many will be saved will be ready when He comes.  Let's let God be God and decide when the time of the Gentiles is done.

Therein lies the question. What IS His calendar? Honestly, nobody knows. There are all kinds of events throughout the Old Testament, not including the one I posted, where the Lord relents from bringing judgment. Moses interceding for Israel over the golden calf and later at Kadesh Barnea. Nineveh was eventually destroyed as we read in Nahum, but it's judgment had also been delayed due to repentance.

I realize that whatever God has decreed will happen, even though I don't know when. Regardless, until the end comes, I believe it is imperative the church pushes back against the darkness.

I really would rather not be here on the earth when the "Day of the Lord" is finally unleashed upon us. But if I am, really ain't nothing I can do about it. But I digress.

Last edited by Samson on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Maybe God has decreed there would be pushback and now is not the end. Either way, passivity isn't what we're called to.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 1:33 am

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Therein lies the question. What IS His calendar? Honestly, nobody knows. There are all kinds of events throughout the Old Testament, not including the one I posted, where the Lord relents from bringing judgment. Moses interceding for Israel over the golden calf and later at Kadesh Barnea. Nineveh was eventually destroyed as we read in Nahum, but it's judgment had also been delayed due to repentance.

I realize that whatever God has decreed will happen, even though I don't know when. Regardless, until the end comes, I believe it is imperative the church pushes back against the darkness.

I really would rather not be here on the earth when the "Day of the Lord" is finally unleashed upon us. But if I am, really ain't nothing I can do about it. But I digress.
I think a Biblical case can be made for us not being here when TDOTL comes.  "For God has not appointed us to suffer wrath, but to obtain salvation through Jesus Christ."
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 6:58 am

A bit back on-topic: I have to call the health department in an hour. They can release me from quarantine.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 10:17 am

Where do you live Normaniac? My town is less than 100,000 and our city council put the breaks on the health department here. It's nice not being in a big city area.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 10:54 am

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Black Rider wrote:
Maybe God has decreed there would be pushback and now is not the end. Either way, passivity isn't what we're called to.

I am all for pushing against the darkness.  But, how did Jesus do it?  He worked at feeding the hungry, healing the sick, and proclaiming that the day of salvation was at hand.  He wasn't whining about how the government was run or making people feel guilty for their choices unless He was truly condemning sin.  For far too long, the American church was a bedfellow with the Republican party and we spent more time with special interest groups trying to force our beliefs into law.  What we should have been doing was the word Jesus did and changing our nation one heart at a time.  A lot of the things we oppose would have dried up but we played the same game as sinners and we lost credibility.

I spent my time whining against the COVID crap and all I did was lose some friends over it.  I would rather take my time to do something more productive like pray about how I can be used to truly impact this planet.  Raging against the machine isn't really fulfilling the great commission no matter how you slice it.

MikeInFla, Through The Dark Radio, deathisgain and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 11:52 am

Black Rider wrote:
Where do you live Normaniac? My town is less than 100,000 and our city council put the breaks on the health department here. It's nice not being in a big city area.
In the Missouri Ozarks.  We're a population of 14,000, and unfortunately,  with the heavy uptick of the Delta Variance, still at the whim of our county health board.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 12:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Black Rider wrote:

I am all for pushing against the darkness.  But, how did Jesus do it?  He worked at feeding the hungry, healing the sick, and proclaiming that the day of salvation was at hand.  He wasn't whining about how the government was run or making people feel guilty for their choices unless He was truly condemning sin.  For far too long, the American church was a bedfellow with the Republican party and we spent more time with special interest groups trying to force our beliefs into law.  What we should have been doing was the word Jesus did and changing our nation one heart at a time.  A lot of the things we oppose would have dried up but we played the same game as sinners and we lost credibility.

I spent my time whining against the COVID crap and all I did was lose some friends over it.  I would rather take my time to do something more productive like pray about how I can be used to truly impact this planet.  Raging against the machine isn't really fulfilling the great commission no matter how you slice it.

What about abortion? How about the extremes to which the LGBT has gone? With all due respect, this is the result of a large portion of the corporate church being silent for DECADES. It's our job to speak out against this wicked nonsense.

As far as losing friends goes, if I lose any because of my opinions about this plannedemic, then they were never my friends to begin with. I'm not accountable to anybody but God.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 3:40 pm

And how is that working out for us? Speaking out is one thing, but becoming as political as the other side has lost us ground, credibility, and almost even at the table of discussion.  We need to be working street level and changing one heart at a time as we bring them to Jesus.  Otherwise, we just look like we're setting up our own little Christian sharia.

But, since we don't seem to be getting closer in opinion, I will bow out of this.  If you wish to continue, we can go private.  The back and forth is getting tiresome for me and I am sure it is bothering others.

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 2:01 am

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me.  I have been asymptomatic for four+ days and am slowly regaining my sea legs.   Very Happy  My senses of smell or taste were thankfully never affected.  My appetite has returned, although I cannot drink Dr Pepper or my Starbucks iced coffee with such reckless abandon as previously.   Razz  By the grace of God, I have been regaining access to my mind and my thoughts, and have amassed enough personal energy to rely much less on sleep and more in my personal Bible reading and devotional times.  Without getting into nasty detail, all digestive processes are back on track as well (the "little" things we take for granted!).  I have resumed the diligence of my bookkeeping and bill-paying, and look forward to visiting the local bank tomorrow to acquire records pertaining to a car loan for which I was recently approved.  Dig this--after explaining circumstances to my loan officer Sonja, she said she would pray for my recovery! Isn't that like God, to take a quasi-infernal series of events and convert them into His glory? Praise His name forever! 

Much love,,

Brian

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Great news!  Praise God. cheers

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Since it has to do with the virus I'll put this here rather than prayer requests. Josh is the young (25-30 I'd guess) cousin of our young youth director, and has been getting his butt kicked it seems:
Quote :
So yesterday we finally got to go visit Josh and had a meeting with his team. So we heard a lot of things we didn’t want to hear, even though he has been improving on the machines his lungs are not. The immediate plan is going to be to remove the respirator and replace it with a tracheotomy Monday or Tuesday and once he can test negative for COVID they will start the process to see if he’s a candidate for a lung transplant. As of yesterday he’s still testing positive for COVID. Unfortunately they also lowered his chances of survival to 30-50%. The family right now is totally beside ourselves, we continue to ask for all those miracle prayers to help heal his lungs.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What impact has the corona virus on you?
Page 28 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next