Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 8:32 am

How does COVID-19 stack up against other pandemics?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/how-fast-is-covid-19-spreading-vs-other-infectious-outbreaks.html

One thing I found interesting in this is that several of these outbreaks originated in China.  We definitely need to make the phrase "Made In China" a thing of the past.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 am

I heard one radio show that says it's a man-made virus in a lab that accidentally got out.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 11:08 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I heard one radio show that says it's a man-made virus in a lab that accidentally got out.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 12:06 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Yep, lame conspiracy talk show with "experts".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Just in case it gets really bad, I have ordered two N95 masks for my wife and I.  They contain charcoal filters that can be washed and reused.  Oh, I won't break them out to go mow or get the mail.  But, if I have to go into a large crowd, I might just throw one on.  Whether it really helps or not, we won't know ever.  I do know, however, that the Lord has this in control and that we will come back from this.  I don't believe that we are really in the endgame here.  Not yet, anyway.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 5:35 pm

I've tried to study on the whole China did it on purpose thing. There's not definitive proof but Wuhan is the home of the only level 4 bio lab in the country and the Chinese have gone on record saying they were working on diseases they'd be immune to but would affect other nationalities. There is some coincidence here. Or it could really have started in one of their wet markets which is almost as bad.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 pm

From the stats I've seen, COVID-19 is slightly more contagious than the regular flu, but not nearly as contagious as the measles or chicken pox. As far as mortality rate, it's not nearly as bad as SARS or H1N1.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:14 am

Black Rider wrote:
I've tried to study on the whole China did it on purpose thing. There's not definitive proof but Wuhan is the home of the only level 4 bio lab in the country and the Chinese have gone on record saying they were working on diseases they'd be immune to but would affect other nationalities. There is some coincidence here. Or it could really have started in one of their wet markets which is almost as bad.

I was watching a video from a Middle Eastern guy who is a stock broker.  He thinks that the whole thing originated in China over the China/Trump trade deal.  They had this outbreak in ONE province and then we renegotiated the trade deal that would have hurt them.  The media (especially the far left leaning media) starts making this thing sound super deadly.  Then, it hits us and we start the shutdown of America while the stock market crashes. But, it doesn't hit just us.  Most of the world's top producing nations get hit like Italy, France, Germany, etc.  But, Russia only has ONE case.  India only has 60.  Iran is a big supplier of oil, and they are slammed.  These major economies are brought to their knees. Then, China magically has no knew cases and starts their factories back up.

Who is buying the cheap stocks while the markets are down?  Chinese investors.  Who is buying up gold and oil since they are down on the S&P?  Chinese investors.  Who are we now relying on for medical supplies?  Chinese investors.  All the while, CNN and the leftist media have now switched to hammering Trump over our economy when they were the ones blowing this up in the first place.

The last thing the man talked about was that China has reported NO NEW CASES of the virus and has restarted their factories.  What did they do to suddenly contain their outbreak?  Why are they not telling the world what it took to shut it down in a nation where hygiene isn't their top priority?

When you look at the money aspect, and in any investigation they say to follow the money, and you start seeing that this may be nothing more than a Chinese ploy to get around the U.S. trade deal.  It will be harder to pull businesses out of China if they are primarily owned by the Chinese.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 am

And you consider how much of our debt they owe, we can't really stop dealing with them.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:23 am

The price of gas has taken a nosedive. It's 76.9 cents per litre here, whereas we were well over a dollar last week. We've dropped 30 cents in a few days. I did my part in stimulating the economy by filling up on gas and buying locally made beer.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 am

In other news, North Korea claims to have no cases and they have "conquered" 'the virus.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 am

MikeInFla wrote:
In other news, North Korea claims to have no cases and they have "conquered" 'the virus.

They would!  They have also claimed that they could and will wipe the USA off the map someday.  The Little Rocket Man has no credibility.

My state lieutenant governor just ticked me off.  He realizes that many folks, because of their field of work, cannot stay home during all this.  Day cares have been forced to close, but they are asking the churches to provide some form of daycare for families who have to work but cannot leave their child in their regular child care facility.  So, we are not supposed to congregate for church, but we are supposed to open up our doors as daycare centers?  Many smaller churches like mine will end up closing forever if we are not open and cannot receive contributions.  They certainly aren't offering any financial help to us to do this.  Also, there is no screening at the state level for potential daycare volunteers for churches who are comprised of mostly older people who no longer have the strength to deal with a bunch of children they haven't met before.

It sounds good, but as usual, it shows that the politicians have no real plan or solutions.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

They would!  They have also claimed that they could and will wipe the USA off the map someday.  The Little Rocket Man has no credibility.

My state lieutenant governor just ticked me off.  He realizes that many folks, because of their field of work, cannot stay home during all this.  Day cares have been forced to close, but they are asking the churches to provide some form of daycare for families who have to work but cannot leave their child in their regular child care facility.  So, we are not supposed to congregate for church, but we are supposed to open up our doors as daycare centers?  Many smaller churches like mine will end up closing forever if we are not open and cannot receive contributions.  They certainly aren't offering any financial help to us to do this.  Also, there is no screening at the state level for potential daycare volunteers for churches who are comprised of mostly older people who no longer have the strength to deal with a bunch of children they haven't met before.

It sounds good, but as usual, it shows that the politicians have no real plan or solutions.
My employer has an answer for that - if your daycare is closed, stay home with your child and you will be paid for 3 weeks. If you become sick you can stay home and be paid up to 3 weeks. If you have FMLA to care for a member of your family you will be paid for duration.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 26 1-huge-tree-covered-in-toilet-paper-amy-cicconi

Back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we threw it in trees!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 11:24 am

First case of Covid-19 confirmed here in Bay County. A 47 year old non-resident.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 pm

We have three cases here in Wilson County, TN.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

At least one case in our fair county.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 3:30 pm

We just got our first three cases yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm

2 cases in the Flathead.  1 is a doctor at the hospital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 6:06 pm

This is a long read but well worth the time.  

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 10:58 pm

95 cases in our county, with only 1 death (at the hospital my wife works at).
Of course King County is just north of us with 934 cases and at least 74 deaths.
In total our state has 1793 cases with 94 deaths.

I would like to know how many people have recovered, it has to be in hundreds (at least) but I can't seem to find those numbers.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:
This is a long read but well worth the time.  

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894
Wow, it is gone. "Post suspended".
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 6:33 am

Found another link on the CMR. I really wonder why this post was pulled?

https://web.archive.org/web/20200321164503/https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

Interesting to know this guy believe heat, humidity and UV will kill it. We are supposed to get in the upper 80's this week and yesterday it was 87. That's pretty warm for this time of the year for here but I can live with it. We typically have high humidty although it hasn't been bad the past week. Yesterday we were outside a lot. In the shade it was quite nice but when there is a lot of humidity there is no escape in Florida from the heat even in the shade. 

If you can't see the link, here are some interesting studies/comments:

[size=30]“Based on what we have documented so far, it appears that the virus has a harder time spreading between people in warmer, tropical climates,” said study leader Mohammad Sajadi, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine in the UMSOM, physician-scientist at the Institute of Human Virology and a member of GVN.[/size]

Due to COVID-19’s sensitivity to UV light and heat (just like the normal influenza virus), it is very likely that it will “burn off” as humidity increases and temperatures rise.
Released on March 10th, one study mapped COVID-19 virality capability by high temperature and high humidity. It found that both significantly reduced the ability of the virus to spread from person-to-person. From the study,
Quote :
[size=30]“This result is consistent with the fact that the high temperature and high humidity significantly reduce the transmission of influenza. It indicates that the arrival of summer and rainy season in the northern hemisphere can effectively reduce the transmission of the COVID-19.”

[/size]
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 am

As I said, we spent a lot of time (4 of us) outside yesterday. We had minimal contact with anyone else. Our local library is a block away so we decided to walk there and return some books. When we got there the librarian was outside getting in her car. She recognized us and said it was closed but they were offering curb-side service. She was leaving and going to the main branch for the rest of the day. She said to go online, reserve books and then we would get an email when they were ready for pick up. So we walked back home, reserved some online and about an hour later drove to the main branch and they brought our books outside. We wiped down the books with wipes and headed home.

Once we got home I remembered we needed some cat food so I went to Walmart.com to order some. While online I noticed they had some TP so I ordered cat food and a pack of TP. Minutes after placing my order the TP was out of stock. This morning I tracked my order and it includes TP and cat food so I guess I lucked out. We really didn't need any but with everyone freaking out about it I thought it might be hard to find some for a while.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 am

If you read on in the article, it shows that by taking the number of infected verses number of people not infected that we all stand a 93% chance of never getting this.  Even then, there is a high chance (in the upper 90s but I don't remember the stat) of none of us getting anything more than the light case that we may never even realize we have.

What the guy in the article is actually calling for is cooler heads.  Instead of only looking at Italy, let's look at South Korea who managed to knock this out in a couple of weeks.  Instead of quarantining, they made testing mandatory and told people to wash their hands.  Sanitize work areas and menus or tables at restaurants, the handles of doors and shopping carts, wear a mask, and go about life as normal.  We all stand a higher chance of getting this if we are cooped up with others all the time re-breathing the air if they get sick.  We stand a lesser chance  if  only the sick are quarantined while everyone goes on about their business washing frequently and wearing masks until it is over.  To be honest, rather than crash the world economy, I think this is where the USA needs to be heading right now.

I am sick to death of the whole "the sky is falling" rhetoric that the government and the media are playing up so much.  I am about ready for a little civil disobedience and just go on as normal as I can even though my school is closed until further notice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next