Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Random Ramblings - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 6:35 pm

If I wasn't in an apartment I'd consider it.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Those new "hear" pumps are awesome!  They listen for temperature changes rather than sensing them.  They can hear a temp change coming days in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 8:47 pm

Xid wrote:
Those new "hear" pumps are awesome!  They listen for temperature changes rather than sensing them.  They can hear a temp change coming days in advance.
grrrrrr auto correct!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 11:52 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 6:42 am

I bought some new headphones recently.  I bought the Aftershokz Bone Conduction headphones.  They have some sound, but you hear/feel a lot of the music through the skull.  This is supposed to allow you to listen to music but still be aware of your surrounding by not having anything in your ears.

Since it gets pretty boring out directing traffic in the cold, I think I will give these a whirl today and see how well I can hear everything I need to hear to keep everyone safe and traffic flowing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:35 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I bought some new headphones recently.  I bought the Aftershokz Bone Conduction headphones.  They have some sound, but you hear/feel a lot of the music through the skull.  This is supposed to allow you to listen to music but still be aware of your surrounding by not having anything in your ears.

Since it gets pretty boring out directing traffic in the cold, I think I will give these a whirl today and see how well I can hear everything I need to hear to keep everyone safe and traffic flowing.
Sounds interesting, wonder how these work? Might be a good idea to  have some at work. I have a BT speaker that I use from time to time but mostly I use BT earbuds and can't hear anything around me even when they are low.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 7:57 am

I'm thinking to buy a new cook book.
Hmm, I think I'm a collector of cook books.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 2:34 pm

And there's so many cookbooks to choose from now. Ones from your favorites chefs to ones for specific cooking utensils.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 8:05 pm

My cookbook is the Internet nowadays. My peeve with recipes, though, is that half the time they have an overdramatic prologue about how much they LOOOOOOVE this recipe. I instinctively scroll, but it's never far enough to skip the melodrama entirely.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 pm

I may follow a base outline but I improvise a lot when I cook.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I may follow a base outline but I improvise a lot when I cook.

So do I. I made a macaroni salad and was missing half the ingredients, so I threw other stuff in and hoped for the best. People at the church potluck seemed to appreciate it, somehow.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 8:11 am

My favorites are Italian cookbooks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 7:08 am

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Sounds interesting, wonder how these work? Might be a good idea to  have some at work. I have a BT speaker that I use from time to time but mostly I use BT earbuds and can't hear anything around me even when they are low.

They vibrate the sides of your skull where your auditory parts of your brain are.

We put them on our deaf kid at school and he was able to tell us it was music and when we turned the volume up and down.  We were not sure if he could see when we were talking when we made a phone call to him.  He may have just started making noises when we stopped talking if he could see us.  We want to try it again but not let him see the user on the other end to see how he reacts.  If he does the same thing, then it may be time to talk to the higher ups in special ed. about getting him a set of these and a speech therapist.  There are companies now using bone conduction for hearing aids for people who are suddenly found instantly deaf.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

They vibrate the sides of your skull where your auditory parts of your brain are.

We put them on our deaf kid at school and he was able to tell us it was music and when we turned the volume up and down.  We were not sure if he could see when we were talking when we made a phone call to him.  He may have just started making noises when we stopped talking if he could see us.  We want to try it again but not let him see the user on the other end to see how he reacts.  If he does the same thing, then it may be time to talk to the higher ups in special ed. about getting him a set of these and a speech therapist.  There are companies now using bone conduction for hearing aids for people who are suddenly found instantly deaf.
That is very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 4:43 am

Driven wrote:
My cookbook is the Internet nowadays. My peeve with recipes, though, is that half the time they have an overdramatic prologue about how much they LOOOOOOVE this recipe. I instinctively scroll, but it's never far enough to skip the melodrama entirely.
YES! I am SO over that. Total pet peeve. I mean, who wants to read about what the weather was like outside and what hat they wore when they first discovered that adding the sugar after the flour made the cookies more crisp (I'm making that up btw). I'm totally a scroller. I've become very adept at identifying when I get to the ingredients list as the prologue whizzes past.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I'm thinking to buy a new cook book.
Hmm, I think I'm a collector of cook books.
Have you seen Jamie Oliver's cookbooks, Yvonne. They're works of art. His recipes are gorgeous and achievable. I've got two of his books. Love them.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 am

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Wow. That's really neat. How did it go with them while directing traffic, Chris?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 7:52 am

Jen5 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Wow. That's really neat. How did it go with them while directing traffic, Chris?

They actually work quite well!  I used them all last week, and I was able to jam, to Idle Cure and Whitecross all week and still hear all of my surroundings.  I have to make sure all the traffic goes to the right places.  I have buses that turn in from one direction, special ed buses that drop off behind the building and need to join the bus lanes to the side, parents that drop off in the first row where teachers can park, and get them all back into the same two lanes.  I can hear everything and even answer questions from irate parents that think that a traffic director/special ed. aide should know what time and where their kid should go for geometry tutoring.

The only place that these headphones don't really work for me is in a restaurant.  I like to go sometimes when I am off while my wife is working.  I will eat, listen to music, and read.  The bone conduction still lets me hear everything around me in a noisy restaurant.  I don't like that.  So, I popped in my ear buds I got for Christmas.  Boom!  Problem solved.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 am

We got some good news over the weekend - My daughter was accepted to FSU! She will start in the summer a few weeks after graduation. We still have a ton of things to work out. We have questions about tuition, scholarships, funding, etc. She does get the Bright Futures Scholarship which will help out quite a bit but I still don't know how much out of pocket we will have to pay. And we have a "prepaid account" but unfortunately I didn't start it until a couple of years ago so there is not a lot of money in that account. but it's better than nothing! And she is glad to have the process over.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Great news Mike, I hope she enjoys college and does well.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Great news! And now a new journey begins.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 6:59 pm

A Seminole eh? I remember when their football team was all that and a bag of chips.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 6:44 am

Black Rider wrote:
A Seminole eh? I remember when their football team was all that and a bag of chips.
Yep. I remember too but have never been a huge fan. I am a Volunteer and I remember when they were all that and a bag of chips too. I guess I will be a Noles fan by default and if I can get some football tickets I wouldn't mind going to a game, always love a good college football game in person. And, since she will go to FSU I can still hate the Gators!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 9:17 am

I liked Bowden as a coach, kind of a throwback guy before sports became a bunch of prima donnas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next