Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I am recovering well.  My forehead still has the scratches but the bruising is not visible (thanks to using Arnica).  My finger is still bruised so I am wearing this annoying splint like I was told to do.  I think I will live.

Seems like us older fellas take a little longer to heal than the youngsters do. 
I tripped over my son's bike the other day and hit my knee on the concrete slab...still hurts a few days later.  In my younger days it would have been gone by the next day.
I wiped out at soccer practice Monday night and my knee hurts more each day.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 am

You know you're getting old when you cough and your shoulders are sore.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:00 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I am recovering well.  My forehead still has the scratches but the bruising is not visible (thanks to using Arnica).  My finger is still bruised so I am wearing this annoying splint like I was told to do.  I think I will live.

I tripped over my son's bike the other day and hit my knee on the concrete slab...still hurts a few days later.  In my younger days it would have been gone by the next day.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

At what point do we change the name of this board to Old Geezer's CHM?  We need to get some younger people in here...Driven invite some friends who like good classic rock and metal (what am I saying, pretty much nobody in his age group likes good music).  Laughing

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Dude, hate to break it to you, but Driven's probably the oldest one here!  He's 100 years old!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm

kerrick wrote:
Dude, hate to break it to you, but Driven's probably the oldest one here!  He's 100 years old!!!
lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

At what point do we change the name of this board to Old Geezer's CHM?  We need to get some younger people in here...Driven invite some friends who like good classic rock and metal (what am I saying, pretty much nobody in his age group likes good music).  Laughing

Ya'll mean to tell me that the youngin's these days don't use these fancy state-of-the-art message boards?  What is one of them TwitFace accounts anyway?  Instapot?  Instagrannie?  Who knows what that is?  Plus, I thought Marco Polo was a famous dude in history or a game you played in the pool!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I have to concede my tastes have changed over the years, such that I barely listen to the music that brought me here in the first place. I still hang out for some of it, and mostly for the great humans y'all are Very Happy

kerrick wrote:

Get off my lawn young whippersnapper.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Driven wrote:

I have to concede my tastes have changed over the years, such that I barely listen to the music that brought me here in the first place. I still hang out for some of it, and mostly for the great humans y'all are Very Happy

Dude, you're listening to FM and Kim Mitchell... I don't think your tastes have changed that drastically.  Most people your age are listening modern pop radio or hipster bands.  You are still and old soul (at least musically).

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Today the remnants of hurricane Florence passed my country.
It wasn't so worse as it was last week in North and South Caroline.
We have gotten a storm and rain with thunderstorms.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:

Dude, you're listening to FM and Kim Mitchell... I don't think your tastes have changed that drastically.  Most people your age are listening modern pop radio or hipster bands.  You are still and old soul (at least musically).

True, but those aren't really under a Christian category, although someone said Cameron Hawkins (from FM) has become a Christian. That may explain some of the titles of the 2015 FM album.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Saw this on Google today and liked it .the world needs more people like Fred Rogers

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 7:25 pm

It's strange. I can be quite an insensitive guy at times in my sense of humour, and yet I aspire to the level of kindness that Mr. Rogers put on display. I didn't grow up watching his show (or indeed watching much TV), but I loved discovering his story. In particular, the story of how he secured funding for his program before the Senate has touched me:

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 am

I think of Fred like Billy Graham -- just an all-around likeable kind of guy. Truly two stand up people. I grew up watching Mr Rogers and as I outgrew the show he was an easy target to make fun of. But now that I am tall (notice I didn't say grown up) I have come to appreciate all he did for kids.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 2:52 am

Hey y'all. Been a while. Hope you are all doing well. I've been out of commission with a particularly persistent chest cold. Fever of 104 at its worst. Was over the worst of it last week, but I needed some time to catch up on all that I'd gotten behind on. Looks like I missed a lot here too. New baby for Kerrick and Veronika. Amazing news! Wow, that's big news. Congratulations brother. New job for Chris. Congrats man. Sounds great. I hope you feel that all that waiting has finally paid off with job satisfaction and a sense of being in the right place. Glad you all survived the storm. Good to be back.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am

Oh wow 104, that is a serious fever.  Wish we would have known, we would have been praying.  Hope you are fully recovered (or nearly so).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Oh wow I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!  That sounds miserable...

Thank you for the congratulations!  Life is totally upside-down now, but it's wonderful.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
Thank you for the congratulations!  Life is totally upside-down now, but it's wonderful.  Smile
I bet!   Laughing

Thanks guys. It's good to be back.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Welcome back and glad you're feeling better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I am glad to hear you are feeling better, Jen!  Like Gary, I wish we had known so we could pray.  I was just thinking this morning before I read your post about being sick that you had not been on in a few days.

Thanks for the warm wishes about my new church.  I believe it will stretch me, try me, break me, build me, etc.  Right now, I have a family that has reached out needing assistance.  I am not the type to jump to help out as I usually feel like I am being swindled.  But, this time, something just feels right.  I am trying to get ahold of the church people to find out what we can do for this family.  They came to the carnival that we held last weekend.

So, if you feel up to it, pray for this family in Hermitage, TN.  Thanks!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 am

I also was thinking it had been a while, but then I remembered you said sometimes when you are working on a lyric or vocal you like to hunker down and block everything else out.  Plus I assumed it wasn't John who was posting about New Zealand basketball teams.  Glad you are feeling better and up to dealing with us again.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am

Just discovered Castle-Monastery.  It's 8-bit music (think early video game music) with some medieval modality to it.  Actually, the description is "8-bit Dungeon synth/black metal from Greece, influenced by old video game music and Byzantine Chants," but I don't really hear anything remotely black metal in it.  There are also no vocals.  Just the kind of weirdness I needed this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 1:14 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Just discovered Castle-Monastery.  It's 8-bit music (think early video game music) with some medieval modality to it.  Actually, the description is "8-bit Dungeon synth/black metal from Greece, influenced by old video game music and Byzantine Chants," but I don't really hear anything remotely black metal in it.  There are also no vocals.  Just the kind of weirdness I needed this weekend.

The black metal part is how gr1m it is.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 6:16 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Can you hook me up with a link? My preliminary online research has failed.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I also was thinking it had been a while, but then I remembered you said sometimes when you are working on a lyric or vocal you like to hunker down and block everything else out.  Plus I assumed it wasn't John who was posting about New Zealand basketball teams.  Glad you are feeling better and up to dealing with us again.
Thanks Chris. Thanks Eric. Yeah, the basketball post was a reach out to Lebanon. John and I have a few fans in the Middle East, particularly in Lebanon, so I thought they might like to hear about their countrymen visiting The Long White Cloud. Plus, it was a really close game!

As for 8-bit Dungeon synth music, I just discovered that there's a whole sub-genre that's quite well populated. Lots of bands claiming association with it. Very weird. It's like a hidden genre under the underground. lol

Unfortunately, I didn't see your Castle-Monastery there, messiaen77, but instead found a bunch of occult and outright satanic nonsense. So I stopped that search right there. Don't need that garbage invading my brain. So, yes please, I second Driven's request. Do you have a link to this Byzantine weirdness? Would love to hear it.   : )
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am

Why of course!

https://castle-monastery.bandcamp.com/releases

"Name your price" download right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next