Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Stryper is complete!

Go down 
+15
ChristTrekker
crucifyd
Samson
Pro-Zak
kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Xid
Hardcore Christian
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
Staybrite
messiaen77
Fundy
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23612
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
I've finally listened to the album and am pretty underwhelmed.  I mean aurally it all sounds good, but the songs just don't grab me and make me want to keep listening.

ZOMG!!! Y U B HATIN!!!1!  lol!
Cuz I'm a heathen holier than thou uptight religious Pharisee type who wouldn't (expletive) know good music if it (expletive) knocked me on my (expletive)(expletive). STRYPER ROXXXX!!!!!
(At least that's what I've learned from reading GDE-related Facebook posts).

I thought your therapist told you to stop reading those? (Or was that my therapist who told me that?)
It was actually muh wife.  She keeps telling me nothing good comes from reading the comments.

Wise lady.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:48 am

So I have been listening to the new album once a day for the last few weeks.  I will say I have mixed feelings about it.  There are some really cool songs on the album that I quite like (Sorry, Lost, The Valley, Can't Live Without Your Love).  But there are some songs I'm just not at all a fan of (Sea of Thieves, The Devil Doesn't Live Here), and I absolutely cannot stand "Take It to the Cross"...it has become a skip song for me.  Really conflicted about the title track GDE, it has a great hook, but for the life of me I cannot sing along with that part in the chorus.  Like someone already mentioned I could not bring myself to play that song for a non-believer....I just think it sends the wrong message despite what the band intended.  Overall not a bad album at all, but I certainly wouldn't rank it near the top of my favorites either.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:38 am

It's better than I originally thought, but still nowhere near the top half of the Stryper list of my favorite records. I haven't listened to it in weeks now and I don't anticipate pulling it out again for a long time. When I want Stryper, I go to several other records first.

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 10:54 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!

That's one of those "blessing and curse" sort of deals.  It's great that he is being so prolific (because you know it won't last forever), but it can get a little tiring to hear yet another new song/album.  I almost wish he would write the 20+ songs each year he is writing and put out an album every three years just containing the best 12-14 of them. (Hmm maybe Joshua Perahia was on to something there....lol).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 am

OK.  Here is a funny comparison.  Just looking at the last 18 years (2000 to 2018)

Joshua Perahia has released two albums (just 2 albums in 18 years).
Michael Sweet has release four solo albums, two Sweet Lynch albums, and  seven Stryper albums (a whopping 13 albums in 18 years).
There is an interesting contrast.

Xid

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
One is making music for a living and the other is selling cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I understand that.  And would expect at least some descrepancy.  But you, Alldat and Evans and Stokes all work at nonmusician jobs yet you have all managed to put out more music than Perahia has.
Just kind of pointing out the "feast or famine" contrast.  Personally I think Sweet may have over extended himself to the point where his output has suffered ( at least a little), and Perahia has done far too little to appease any kind of fan base.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Balance in everything.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I understand that.  And would expect at least some descrepancy.  But you, Alldat and Evans and Stokes all work at nonmusician jobs yet you have all managed to put out more music than Perahia has.
Just kind of pointing out the "feast or famine" contrast.  Personally I think Sweet may have over extended himself to the point where his output has suffered ( at least a little), and Perahia has done far too little to appease any kind of fan base.

Perahia spends too much time thinking he was bigger in music than he really was while trash talking Michael Sweet.  If he'd work more on his music instead of resting on the laurels of one "intense" album and hating on Michael, he'd have dozens of albums out!

Music has to be a priority.  Xid and I release music when we can considering we don't have full bands, unlimited time, etc.  We make music because we love it--not because we are getting rich.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1470
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Xid wrote:
Balance in everything.
You Rock
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Perahia spends too much time thinking he was bigger in music than he really was while trash talking Michael Sweet.  If he'd work more on his music instead of resting on the laurels of one "intense" album and hating on Michael, he'd have dozens of albums out!

Music has to be a priority.  Xid and I release music when we can considering we don't have full bands, unlimited time, etc.  We make music because we love it--not because we are getting rich.
+1 trillion
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:29 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

lol!

That's one of those "blessing and curse" sort of deals.  It's great that he is being so prolific (because you know it won't last forever), but it can get a little tiring to hear yet another new song/album.  I almost wish he would write the 20+ songs each year he is writing and put out an album every three years just containing the best 12-14 of them. (Hmm maybe Joshua Perahia was on to something there....lol).
Something tells me MS's OCD factors into his plenteous output.  Just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Though being rich might be kind of fun for a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

lol!

Something tells me MS's OCD factors into his plenteous output.  Just my $.02.

You just might have something there.

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Speaking from personal experience (I believe I have a mild form of OCD), there's a fine line between drivenness and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.   Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3141
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 12:47 am

So after a few weeks I really enjoy this release. To me it is no better or worse than the last two and they fit nicely as a trilogy. I usually skip over the slow stuff but I never did care for Stryper ballads.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:55 am

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Speaking from personal experience (I believe I have a mild form of OCD), there's a fine line between drivenness and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.   Wink

We would have so much fun together!  You think you have OCD, and I am diagnosed with ADD.  My former pastor was OCD to the point that he had to line his shoes up a certain way when we went on a mission trip to Cincinnati together.  I left my side of the room in total disarray and messed his shoes up for fun.  I had a blast and he would never room with me again. 

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 2:44 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Wow, I couldn't believe my ears tonight! The local classic rock station (which never plays anything new) was talking about the new Stryper album and how Walmart didn't carry it. Then they played the title track! Was a bit odd hearing GDE on the radio and cool at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Wow, I couldn't believe my ears tonight! The local classic rock station (which never plays anything new) was talking about the new Stryper album and how Walmart didn't carry it. Then they played the title track! Was a bit odd hearing GDE on the radio and cool at the same time!

Oh wow, wish they would have picked a different track...bu bthat is fantastic exposure for the band.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5375
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 2:02 am

Xid wrote:
Balance in everything.
Star Wars is everywhere
lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 4:18 am

http://bravewords.com/news/stryper-frontman-michael-sweet-when-you-sing-about-god-in-a-metal-band-the-odds-are-against-you-instantly

Soundcloud link here
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am

Cool!  Thanks for posting that Mike.

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper is complete!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4