Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Stryper is complete!

Go down 
+15
ChristTrekker
crucifyd
Samson
Pro-Zak
kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Xid
Hardcore Christian
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
Staybrite
messiaen77
Fundy
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 pm

John, O'Boyle, who also played on Michael Sweet's two most recent solo albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:05 pm

I think the bass on this album sounds great. That's the bass guitar tone I am searching for but can't seem to find! I need some new effects Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 pm

What kind of bass set up do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Xid wrote:

Ibanez bass through a Zoom B1X then into my PC. I will be upgrading for ES III Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:24 pm

I have an Ibanez EX-Series. I run through a Marshall Jubilee Series 3530 head into an ART Tube Mic Preamp into my computer.  Almost sounds the same as running through my 4x10 cab.  

Those Zoom processers are decent but they just don't cut the mustard.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:34 pm

'don't cut the mustard' - very true. I always think that if I tinker with the effects I can get what I need. But then after hours of tinkering I'm still just shy of what I really want.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 pm

What kind of Ibanez bass do you have?  My EX-Series has the typical split coils for the neck and single coil for the bridge.  2 volume knobs and one tone.  I turn all 3 knobs to 11 and it gives a warm, softer punch.  Thus far, with a little adjusting the EQ, I've gotten very close to getting my sound out of any amp I plug into.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:50 pm

SR300 I could definitely use an upgrade Smile

Funny thing is that I don't think I will ever truly find that amazing tone with bass or guitar. It's like trying to find a unicorn.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:56 pm

If one could only find the perfect tone...

I like my bass tone.  It's warm with a punch and almost growls at you sometimes.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 12:06 am

You do have a good bass tone. It cuts through your mixes very nicely. Mine tends to get lost in the mix unless I allow it to come through in some spots when I ease up on the guitar (like in the bridge of our song SLAVE). But I think a lot has to do with my guitar tone. My guitar tone is really overpowering (probably because I'm the guitar player and I like to hear it LOUD. Lol!!

When I listen to Stryper (especially this album) the bass cuts right through better because their guitar tones are really high pitched. Your JC guitar tones are a little high pitched too but not nearly as much as Stryper.

Maybe for ES III I'll have to try to reduce my guitar ego a little to make room for the BASS!!!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 am

Thanks!

You can also adjust the Mids on the bass to get it to come through.  The tone I really like has no mid but it gets lost in the mix.  Boosting volume just makes it muddy.  So my Mid came up from absolute 0 (or -6 on my amp) to about 25%.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Boosting the mids and highs on my bass is what is working for me right now.  I am using my 1992 Fender Jazz 5 string through a V-Amp for my bass sound.  For guitar, my self made cigar box guitars through a Line 6 POD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:32 am

I've finally listened to the album and am pretty underwhelmed.  I mean aurally it all sounds good, but the songs just don't grab me and make me want to keep listening.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Quote :
I have an Ibanez EX-Series. I run through a Marshall Jubilee Series 3530 head into an ART Tube Mic Preamp into my computer.  Almost sounds the same as running through my 4x10 cab.  Those Zoom processers are decent but they just don't cut the mustard.

This reads like a secret coded alien message that the SETI Institute might pick up.  LOL!  That said, I have no concept of recording bass in the studio either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :
I have an Ibanez EX-Series. I run through a Marshall Jubilee Series 3530 head into an ART Tube Mic Preamp into my computer.  Almost sounds the same as running through my 4x10 cab.  Those Zoom processers are decent but they just don't cut the mustard.

This reads like a secret coded alien message that the SETI Institute might pick up.  LOL!  That said, I have no concept of recording bass in the studio either...

lol!  great response Andy!

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 2:50 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

lol!
With bass you can get away with recording direct rather than mic'ing up an amp and speaker.  More signal control.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 7:03 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I've finally listened to the album and am pretty underwhelmed.  I mean aurally it all sounds good, but the songs just don't grab me and make me want to keep listening.

ZOMG!!! Y U B HATIN!!!1!  lol!
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:01 am

Xid wrote:

I have an Ibanez BTB686NTF (the one in my profile pic), I run through a Peavey PRO500 head into either a Peavey 410TVX or an Aguilar GS112, depending on the size of the room and the amount of volume I need.
When I go direct I use a TECH 21 Bass Fly Rig, which has a Sansamp Bass Driver DI plus a comp, boost, octave, chorus, fuzz, filter, and tuner all in one pedal that fits in your gig bag or hard case. 
I also have a Washburn XB600 six-string bass that I've had since 1998, and a Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz bass.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 2:37 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 8:10 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Cuz I'm a heathen holier than thou uptight religious Pharisee type who wouldn't (expletive) know good music if it (expletive) knocked me on my (expletive)(expletive). STRYPER ROXXXX!!!!!
(At least that's what I've learned from reading GDE-related Facebook posts).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:21 am

messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Cuz I'm a heathen holier than thou uptight religious Pharisee type who wouldn't (expletive) know good music if it (expletive) knocked me on my (expletive)(expletive). STRYPER ROXXXX!!!!!

I thought your therapist told you to stop reading those? (Or was that my therapist who told me that?)

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 10:09 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I thought your therapist told you to stop reading those? (Or was that my therapist who told me that?)
Pretty sure it was your therapist from what I heard of the FBI tapes  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Pretty sure it was your therapist from what I heard of the FBI tapes  Twisted Evil

Shocked I told you that in confidence!!

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 10:31 am

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Shocked I told you that in confidence!!
New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

It was actually muh wife.  She keeps telling me nothing good comes from reading the comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   New Stryper is complete! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper is complete!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next