Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Have You Ever" Game

Go down 
+9
Hardkore
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Xid
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
ishmael81
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 pm

I back into a light pole once but I was in my Oldsmobuick and it didn't get a scratch Very Happy

Have you ever caught a foul ball at a baseball game?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

My freshman year of high school I played spring and fall ball. I caught many foul balls playing the hot corner.

Have you ever forgotten your lunch when you left for work and had no money to buy anything?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Yes!  It makes for a long day, too!

Have you ever been given free food at a restaurant without having to ask?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:33 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Yes!  It makes for a long day, too!

Have you ever been given free food at a restaurant without having to ask?
Yes. Once at IHOP the manager walked by and did a double take when he saw me. It was someone I worked with at one time and I was always helping him out on our job. I did not know he was working there and since he was the manager he let me and all of our guests eat free that day. Very nice!

Have you ever T.P.'d someone's yard?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 am

Several times. In high school I had a buddy that drove a mini-van. He would pull out the third row seat and we would pack 4 or 5 of us in there and as much TP as we could afford and have a blast. One time, I remember we used 84 rolls - 24 of them on our chemistry/biology teacher's yard.

Have you ever fell asleep in church?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Yes, but it was when I was in Army Basic Training and pretty much everyone went to church to sleep.

Have you ever had a candy bar completely melt in your car (pocket, etc.) but ate it anyway because you were just too hungry not to.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:37 pm

I had a Snickers completely melt but I mooshed it flat and put it in the freezer before eating it.

Have you ever stepped on nail while carrying plywood and have to continue walking on the side of your foot with a shingle stuck to your shoe until you can put the plywood down?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm

More than once!  Occasionally it was a long industrial staple on a piece of cedar roofing.  Just deep enough to pierce the skin into the meat, but couldn't put down the bundle I was carrying until I got it there.

Have you ever been so hungry you couldn't pick what to eat?

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 am

Yes! Just the other day I got home from work and my wife asked what I wanted. I said "I didn't have anything for lunch so whatever you want." She then listed about 4 things and I couldn't choose... we ended up letting our son pick.

Have you ever locked your keys in your car?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am

Yes.  Fortunately I knew the window didn't work and I was able to slide it down enough to reach the lock button.

Have you ever noticed how many questions here revolve around food or eating?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:52 am

No, but now that you mention it....

Have you ever read a post about food and then all of a sudden your tummy growls?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Why do you think I'm eating lunch now Very Happy

Have you ever gone to a concert that you didn't want to go to but ended up liking the music?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9957
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 2:24 pm

(I am totally loving these questions ! Many make me LOL !)

Yep, I've taken my wife to several concerts (cuz that's the kinda husband I am) and ended up enjoying myself as well as the music. Took her to see Steven Curtis Chapman several years ago. At the time, I was not into him at all, and just liked a song or 2 by him. By the end of the concert I was ALL into his tunes and ended up buying a few albums by the great SCC.

I've also taken her to some of her country concerts. Which I initially dreaded, but put on a brave face and took her. Ironically, this country hating rocker ended up enjoying much of the concerts I took her too. As long as they do NOT get twangy and play super hick-like songs, I don't mind the countrified AOR 80s stuff they're doing these days, and some of it I actually love.

NEXT:
Have you ever been on TV ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Yes, I have. I was in the crowd in a commercial promoting local activities, where I was stumbling around on cross-country skis. I was also interviewed in a Remembrance Day (November 11th) feature, back when I was in Grade 4 (no, I'm not in Grade 4).

Have you ever been detained at customs?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm going to ruin the flow of this thread and answer a couple of these just because they are kind of funny and I like making G/F LOL.

TTDR wrote:
Have you ever gone to a concert that you didn't want to go to but ended up liking the music?

Ok, this one really isn't that funny, but one of oldest friends invited me to attend a Rod Stewart concert at an outdoor venue I had never been to before.  It is about a 2+ hour drive just to get to the venue and I have never been a Rod Stewart fan, but my friend already bought the extra ticket so I relented and went begrudgingly. It turned out to be a great venue and it also turned out to be one of the best shows I have seen (certainly in the top 10).  Stewart is an excellent performer and during a break in his nearly two hour set, he went back stage for about three or four songs where his background singers (3 black guys) came forward and shared leads on some superbly performed Motown classics.  Just an all around fantastic show.

Ish wrote:

Yes, and at one of the worst times you can think of.  It was back in the early 90's, long before people of my class distinction had cell phones, and my first child (my daughter) was only about 4 months old.  We were poor enough that the hospital was allowing us to make payments to them over several months for her birth etc.  My wife was at work and it was afternoon and I was out of classes early from the college.  So I took her with me to drive down to the hospital to make the final payment on her (the kid on the car).  When I came out of the hospital I used my keys to unlock the car and put her (in her car-seat) into the car.  I belted her in and without thinking I lock the door and headed to the drivers side.  This is where I noticed that I had set my keys down on the seat next to my daughter when I was buckling in her car seat.  I panicked and had no idea what to do.  I didn't want to leave my daughter locked alone in my car while I walked 4-5 blocks to the nearest pay phone.  Besides even if I could call my wife she was working over 20 miles away and had taken the bus most of the way to work...it would be over an hour before she could get to us.  After about 5 minutes of weighing my possibilities I picked up a rock and broke one of the windows out in the back of my car, throwing glass all over my daughter.  She just cooed and snickered thinking it was all a joke.  Got her home and spent the rest of the day cleaning the rest of the glass off of her and installing a replacement card-board window in my junker of a car.

G/F wrote:
NEXT:
Have you ever been on TV ?

Yes, and quite unexpectedly.
Several years back I was working in the structures lab at the University of Washington on a large seismic shaking table when the local news showed up one day and started taking a lot of footing and interviewing some of the professors.  I ended up on the evening news for a few seconds and my oldest child just happened to catch it.

Driven wrote:
Have you ever been detained at customs?

No (thank goodness), and after smuggling in those last 3 kilos from Bogota I'm not going to anymore international traveling.

Ok, I think you are all probably sick of hearing about me now.

Do you have an annoying friend or colleague who always seems to just talk about themselves, or insist that anything that has ever happened to someone also happened to them (but 10 times worse)?

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm going to ruin the flow of this thread and answer a couple of these just because they are kind of funny and I like making G/F LOL.

Quote :
Ish
Quote :

Yes, and at one of the worst times you can think of.  It was back in the early 90's, long before people of my class distinction had cell phones, and my first child (my daughter) was only about 4 months old.  We were poor enough that the hospital was allowing us to make payments to them over several months for her birth etc.  My wife was at work and it was afternoon and I was out of classes early from the college.  So I took her with me to drive down to the hospital to make the final payment on her (the kid on the car).  When I came out of the hospital I used my keys to unlock the car and put her (in her car-seat) into the car.  I belted her in and without thinking I lock the door and headed to the drivers side.  This is where I noticed that I had set my keys down on the seat next to my daughter when I was buckling in her car seat.  I panicked and had no idea what to do.  I didn't want to leave my daughter locked alone in my car while I walked 4-5 blocks to the nearest pay phone.  Besides even if I could call my wife she was working over 20 miles away and had taken the bus most of the way to work...it would be over an hour before she could get to us.  After about 5 minutes of weighing my possibilities I picked up a rock and broke one of the windows out in the back of my car, throwing glass all over my daughter.  She just cooed and snickered thinking it was all a joke.  Got her home and spent the rest of the day cleaning the rest of the glass off of her and installing a replacement card-board window in my junker of a car.

Yikes. One time my wife and I were camping (before our son came home) and her parents came down for the day. We hung out and swam and generally had fun. I should say here, we usually leave the keys in the ignition when we're camping for ease, until we go to bed - then they go in the tent and we lock the car.

I was going to barbecue for dinner when it started raining. Hard. We decided to eat at the lodge restaurant and ran to the car to get in and my wife couldn't open the driver's side door. I was helping her mom get in their car when she yelled at me. I ran to her side and (stupidly...) tried to open the door she just couldn't get open. Then I ran to the passenger side luckily, it was unlocked. By the time we both got in the car, we were soaking wet and it was my fault. I had locked the driver's side door when we parked.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 8:11 am

Yes have been detained at the Canadian border when I was 18 because I had a radar detector. They made us open all the doors, trunk and hood and made us stand at the front of the car with our backs turned while they plundered my car. I asked them what was wrong and they said "radar detectors are illegal in Canada". My brother warned me not to smart off to them (he lives in Michigan) so I didn't but wanted to being the tough 18 year old that I was. I only asked them "what am I supposed to do with it then?". They got mad and said "we don't care what you do with it but it's illegal now turn around!". So I stuffed it in the glove box and went on my merry Canadian way.

Have you ever had your car break down or been in a wreck while out of town?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 10:02 am

No, fortunately. I've been in those situations (just a few weeks ago, the car I was in got a rapidly deflating tire), but never to my car. Very thankful for safety.

Have you ever slept more than 12 hours straight without the use of any somniferous substances (legal or not)?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 3:05 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

Yikes. One time my wife and I were camping (before our son came home) and her parents came down for the day. We hung out and swam and generally had fun. I should say here, we usually leave the keys in the ignition when we're camping for ease, until we go to bed - then they go in the tent and we lock the car.

I was going to barbecue for dinner when it started raining. Hard. We decided to eat at the lodge restaurant and ran to the car to get in and my wife couldn't open the driver's side door. I was helping her mom get in their car when she yelled at me. I ran to her side and (stupidly...) tried to open the door she just couldn't get open. Then I ran to the passenger side luckily, it was unlocked. By the time we both got in the car, we were soaking wet and it was my fault. I had locked the driver's side door when we parked.

Oh man, good thing you didn't lock all the doors!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Quote :
Have you ever slept more than 12 hours straight without the use of any somniferous substances (legal or not)?

No, I haven't.  I usually only sleep around 7-7 1/2 hours.  I rarely need the alarm clock as I typically wake up a couple of minutes before it goes off.  I am one of those fortunate people who lay down and simply go to sleep.  I have no insomnia unless I am super stressed out and worried about what will happen.  It takes a lot to make me be that fearful.  I don't get stressed easily.

Have you ever laughed so hard that you either cried or peed on yourself?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 8:32 am

Yes, I've laughed so hard that I cried.
My daughter and I are good in doing this.

Have you ever had to go to a party you didn't like and it was nice and not so scary as you thought?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm a huge introvert, so yeah, that's the story of my life.  I like the idea of socializing, but when it is time to actually get ready to go be social I dread it like an execution.  But usually when I actually get to the party I end up having a pretty good time.

Have you ever worked until you felt like you had nothing left to give?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Quote :
Have you ever worked until you felt like you had nothing left to give?

In 2003 Vons went on strike, including the pharmacy I was working in. Having a mortgage, a family, car payments and medical bills, I was super stressed that I would fall behind. Thankfully the pharmacist at Walgreens called me and asked whether I wanted to walk a picket line for a few bucks a week, or come work for the Walgreens pharmacy ? I was over there in a second.
Though it was a blessing I had work, I was slaughtered with long hours, no breaks, and the hardest work ever !  Not only was Vons on strike and all the pharmacy customers had to go to one of only 3 pharmacies in town left, Kmart pharmacy closed about 4 months prior, and Avalon pharmacy had lost their Medicaid license. So Walgreens went from 250 to 300 prescriptions a day to 800 per day - with NO extra help ! 
Not only was I working long hours and being stressed out beyond belief, I was super sick at the time - sick with a multitude of symptoms that Drs couldn't figure out.
SO yes, there were many days I literally had nothing left to give. Many days I escaped to the bathroom and cried like a little girl. A few days during that time that I thought about giving up on everything. Glad I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Have you ever had a tire blow-out while driving ?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Several times but mostly on trailers.

Have you ever had gum stuck in your hair?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Have You Ever" Game   The "Have You Ever" Game - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Have You Ever" Game
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next