Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend

Go down 
+13
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Readi_Sketti
Samson
Through The Dark Radio
Driven
topshot rhit
Mac
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:55 am

topshot rhit wrote:
We got married in jeans and t-shirts in a state park and had a big picnic. No need to spend lots of money.  Thumbs Up

Samson wrote:
So, on August 7, 1998, we decided to get married early. Dad got in touch with an old minister friend of his, and arranged for him to come down to my in-laws and he married us right there in the living room.

I will suggest both of those ideas!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 pm

I suggest they see about renting out the closest cathedral for the entire day for the ceremony.  And don't forget to rent the horsedrawn carriage to take them away after the ceremony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 pm

From what I have heard leasing a place to do the wedding isn't nearly as expensive as catering.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Nice pic Gary.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:46 pm

It really depends on what you want catered.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
It really depends on what you want catered.

If I'm paying for it, I'm going to insist on Famous Daves BBQ (it will still probably cost several grand)

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:01 pm

It depends on the number of guests, if you want a full meal or just cake, nuts, etc. and if you need tables and chairs there as well.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I support your choice of Famous Dave's. When is it again?  rendeer
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Thought I would update this thread.  My future son-in-law did propose to my daughter (just about a week before Christmas).  He took her out on a date to have dinner at the Space Needle in Seattle.  After dinner he got down on one knee and proposed to her (she said yes) and then he took her to the ballet to see The Nutcracker.

They have decided to get married in May, and we have spent the last several weeks making preperations for the big event.  I'm getting tired of wedding plans already!  Here is a picture of my lovely daughter and beautiful wife out shopping for wedding dresses.  She didn't actually get the dress in the picture (but one that looks very much like it).

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 Weddingpho_zps65993ad4

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 am

I know how you feel, i've been there but congrats man.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 am

Wow, that's a big change your daughter is going to marry.
I think this dress is a beauty. 

My advice for the bridal bouquet is don't use whire flowers.
Why?
The color of cloths is complete different than the color of flowers.
Good luck gary when the conversations in your house don't stop about  the wedding.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 am

Indeed, a very beautiful dress.  Your daughter will make a beautiful bride, Gary.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:30 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

My advice for the bridal bouquet is don't use whire flowers.
Why?
The color of cloths is complete different than the color of flowers.

Good idea.

TTDR wrote:
Indeed, a very beautiful dress. Your daughter will make a beautiful bride, Gary.

Not to brag but my daughter is a very pretty girl (gets that from her mother....not me).  She actually won Miss Pierce Counties Outstanding Teen competition a few years back (part of the Miss America Pageant system).  What's funny is I thought I would have to beat the boys off of her with a stick when she got older, but there haven't been that many interested in her.  It might have something to do with her black-belt in Tae Kwan Do, or the fact that she is so wrapped up in school, work, and the Army Reserves...idk.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

A black belt in Tae Kwan Do.
That's very good.
I have an orange belt in judo.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Quote :
 It might have something to do with her black-belt in Tae Kwan Do,

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
A black belt in Tae Kwan Do.
That's very good.
I have an orange belt in judo.

Very cool, I got up to an orange belt in judo before I had to quit do to a severely broken leg....wish I would have started back up again (after I healed).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

ROTFL

I thought someone would get a kick out of that.

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 Kick10

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

ROTFL

I thought someone would get a kick out of that.

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 Kick10

Ugh! You made a joke that's so bad, it's almost worthy of me… Razz
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:46 pm

And he must be a brave man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Hey everyone BIG UPDATE on the wedding.  It's not going to happen.......ever.....she is not going to marry this guy.

I'm sure you will want to know the story.  As you may know me and Mrs. Staybrite were in Arizona (just the two of us) during the last week of May (and we had a fantastic time).  So the week we were gone my daughter was on spring-break from her college classes and she stayed close to home to make sure that her 16 & 14 year old brother's stayed out of trouble.  The day before we got back they had a huge argument over my daughter's girlfriend (dumb thing...not at all logical).  The day we were due to come home, they continued their disagreement and he threatened to kill himself.  He also came over to my house and told her he was going to kill himself in front of our house if she wouldn't come talk to him (he had two hand guns he had someone else buy for him stashed in his car).  To my daughter's credit she was smart enough not to go get in his car.  Instead she called the police on him, told the cops he threatened to kill himself and that he had guns in his car.  The cops came, hand-cuffed him and put him in the back of their squad car while they searched his car.  They let him go but told him he needed to leave town.  

I actually found out about some of this as I was waiting to get off the plane.  I turned my phone on to find a message from by daughter's fianace telling me that Shelby called off their marriage, called the cops on him, and that we would probably hate him.

Talk about a surprise when you get home!

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Better to find out he's a whacko now rather than later.  Glad to hear nobody got hurt during this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Oh, man. I feel bad for you guys. Pretty shocking news.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sounds like your daughter has a good head on her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Wow! That's a 180. Knowing he's still out there (and apparently unstable) with firearms would not sit well with me.

Staybrite wrote:
... over my daughter's girlfriend
So he was picking on one of her friends or was he thinking your daughter goes both ways??? I couldn't follow that part.

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Wow, that'll make her nervous about future guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next