Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend

Go down 
+13
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Readi_Sketti
Samson
Through The Dark Radio
Driven
topshot rhit
Mac
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Yeh I worry... but you Staybrite, have a lot of hope with this kid. If your daughter's going to church and he's taking her... that's MILES ahead of my kids... I long for them to want to go to church, or even own a Bible again.
I have worried about my older son for many years with regards to "coming to faith" and I'm still not certain he has truly put his trust in the Lord.  I don't tend to worry about my other two as much as they really seem to love Jesus.  But it bothers me often about my oldest boy.  I had a pastor tell me once that you can raise your kids with God every step, and every day but you can't make them desire a relationship with our Lord.  He told me that he had seen some of the best Christian parents loose their kids to the world (some came back, but some never do).  And he had seen some of the worst parents in the world produce some of the best God-fearing people he had ever met.  Ultimately he left me with the thought that all you can do is be as faithful as you can in raising your kids to know a love for Christ, and pray that they will want and need Him in their life...but you can't "make" it happen.  It was a little comfort, but it still makes me fear for all of my kids.
I agree 100%. I'm of the persuasion that God's plan of salvation involves choosing *... His choosing. And my wife and I have agreed and accepted the fact that there are those who are chosen and there are those who are not. I don't know how all this choosing stuff works, since it's God's show, not mine, but I do believe that if He's chosen our kids, they will respond to His still small voice someday... if not, well, though it crushes my soul, I say again, it's not my show. God does the choosing and Lisa and I hope that our kids are part of His flock and will respond someday.
You, Gary, are aware of the crushing feeling of a child who does not seek after the things of God - but sometimes it takes a long time for a child to respond - and I hope and pray that he will come to faith. He knows the Way, he has a Dad who showed him the Way. God bless you for that.

* Disclaimer: I'm not pushing my views of predestination or anything, rather I'm just making a point from our perspective of things.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Heretic!

My take on predestination is that God being omnipotent knows in advance who will choose Him and who won't so we still have free will. Otherwise, we just seem to be puppets. Anyway, back to the the topic (somewhat).

I know how you feel since our oldest is living a flat out sinful lifestyle. Great kid with a good heart. Would hate to see him not make the cut. pale

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Quote :
 Heretic!
Tongue 

Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm sayin all this cuz I really think you need to just be 100% honest from the get-go. It's not pleasant, but it's the truth and should he be there for the long haul, he will one day understand and appreciate your honesty.
Good advice!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Well I had a long talk with the boy today (I bought him lunch at Red Robin). He was incredibly nervous, but I didn't make it sweat for too long. We did have a very indepth discussion about what a biblical marriage should look like and what the role of a husband and a wife is in that marriage. He had a pretty decent understanding of what a marriage should be, and what his role in it should be (especially given that he is only 20).

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Sounds like you were too easy on him. Twisted Evil

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:52 pm

You weren't polishing your 9mm while you were talking to him?  What a terrible father!  lol! 

So, did you give him permission to marry your daughter?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:36 pm

SOOOO ????
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:06 am

I did give him/them my blessing.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:27 am

That's cool.  We'll be here to help you as the wedding comes.

Try not to think of it as losing a daughter.  Think of it as losing tons of money over your daughter's wedding.

See?  I am helping already!   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 am

I think my ulcer just came back.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 am

Right on  Thumbs Up 

All gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 am

Alldat, with friends like him, you need the Maalox.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Lol you should have let him sweat it out longer! 

I'm nosey! Have they set a date yet? Did he get her a ring?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

lol! 

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm

You have done the best you could do ... give them your blessing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm

She Eats Cheese wrote:
Lol you should have let him sweat it out longer! 

I'm nosey! Have they set a date yet? Did he get her a ring?

You sound just like my wife, she pretty much wanted me to tell her word for word what happened during a one hour conversation!  Laughing 
"They" haven't set a date yet....but since my daughter is expecting a proposal she recently told her mother she would like to get married in August.  He doesn't have the ring yet, but he will be getting it soon since he wants to propose to her around Christmas time.

Here is a photo of the two of them (ahhh to be 20 again).

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 SampG_zpsa66386ba

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey, he's not wearing a metal shirt.  Can ya really trust him???
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hey, he's not wearing a metal shirt.  Can ya really trust him???

I thought of that, but I didn't have the nerve to stand in front of my wife and daughter and tell her she couldn't get married because her boyfriend doesn't like Stryper or Demon Hunter.  Evil or Very Mad 

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

Only Maalox?  I am going to really have to step up my game so I can drive you all to Tagamet or something prescription!

Staybrite wrote:
I didn't have the nerve to stand in front of my wife and daughter and tell her she couldn't get married because her boyfriend doesn't like Stryper or Demon Hunter.
You should have done it just to watch his face!  You have got to learn to mess with the boy just because you can!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Staybrite wrote:
I didn't have the nerve to stand in front of my wife and daughter and tell her she couldn't get married because her boyfriend doesn't like Stryper or Demon Hunter.
You should have done it just to watch his face!  You have got to learn to mess with the boy just because you can!

I would have done something like that (just for the fun of it), but he was so nervous I was afraid he might throw up or something. I could'n't have done that to him, he's a good kid.

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Beautiful pic Smile
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 am

We got married in jeans and t-shirts in a state park and had a big picnic. No need to spend lots of money.  Thumbs Up

Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 am

Our wedding was a bit on the unusual side. We had planned to get married on October 2, 1998. A church down the road from her parents' house had given us permission to use their facilities and the pastor would marry us.

About two months before the date, the church decides to rescind their blessing, and they told me that they weren't going to allow us to use their building because we weren't members there. (How loving.  Rolling Eyes )

So, on August 7, 1998, we decided to get married early. Dad got in touch with an old minister friend of his, and arranged for him to come down to my in-laws and he married us right there in the living room.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:52 am

topshot rhit wrote:
We got married in jeans and t-shirts in a state park and had a big picnic. No need to spend lots of money.  Thumbs Up

I love it!  I hope for something like that on my wedding day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend   Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Got A Call From My Daughter's Boyfriend
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next