Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dating and Relationships Thread!

Go down 
+17
Fundy
bassdude
Xid
Redeemed Fool
MikeInFla
BearDad
Samson
Readi_Sketti
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
Driven
xenonlion
alldatndensum
Mac
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 pm

I think it can get you into trouble. If she is highly emotional she might resent your stoicism so it might be good to find out how she responds to this type of personality.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I think it can get you into trouble. If she is highly emotional she might resent your stoicism so it might be good to find out how she responds to this type of personality.

On the other hand she might be anchored by his seemingly strong emotional demeanor. When she is losing her head, it might comfort her to think that he will be a constant rock she can depend on. Or it could swing the other way, she might see him as emotionally stunted (unable to show proper emotion...other than at an Iron Maiden concert). I guess I'm just trying to say....IT DEPENDS!

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

It depends, true, but we've known many women who complain about their husbands being emotionally distant.
The key is, are you both willing to stick it out and WORK on it. And trust me buddy, the rainbows and bunnies don't last.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks all for your wisdom!  Things are early yet with this one, but it's something that I feel is going to come up regardless of the couple involved and applicable to everyone.  And I suppose there are SO many more factors that affect the compatibility of two people with regards to emotions (i.e. how those emotions are processed and acted upon, what causes them, what heightens them, etc.).

I haven't experienced her as being highly emotional, it's just that she seems to feel she is.  More time spent together is necessary, which I'm looking forward to!

RF, I agree, though I dated this gal a couple years ago for a little while and we both tried to stick it out and work on it for far longer than we should have - due to our mutual stubbornness and persistence.  Within the confines of marriage, obviously that's a different story!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
And hey, what's with this engineer bashing?  Isn't it bad enough that we can't dance and don't tend to dress attractively?

It's better than engineers bashing other engineers Wink  But I'm used to that since I'm an industrial engineer (i.e. imaginary engineer).  And on top of that, I got my minor in Music History Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
And hey, what's with this engineer bashing?  Isn't it bad enough that we can't dance and don't tend to dress attractively?

It's better than engineers bashing other engineers Wink  But I'm used to that since I'm an industrial engineer (i.e. imaginary engineer).  And on top of that, I got my minor in Music History Razz

Now there is a crazy combination!

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Now there is a crazy combination!

Darn tootin' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 am

Three phrases to help your relationship.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

It was all my fault and i'm sorry.

And if you really blow it try:
You know, i'd love to spend a week with the inlaws.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am

^ that cracks me up... some truth to that. I was blessed to have married a Christian woman who analyzes the sexes and realizes what is stupid in women as well as men, and we have a great relationship where she will acknowledge when she was wrong just as I will when I am wrong.

Had a previous relationship where everything I did was wrong, hated it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Three phrases to help your relationship.

Yes Dear.

You're right Dear.

It was all my fault and i'm sorry.

And if you really blow it try:
You know, i'd love to spend a week with the inlaws.

And don't forget the flowers!

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Funny thing is, if I said my I wanted to spend a week with my inlaws my wife wouldn't want to. Her Mom is very difficult and hasn't always been nice to us.
G/F, my wife and I joke all the time about the foibles of the sexes.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Quote :

G/F, my wife and I joke all the time about the foibles of the sexes.

It healthy to do !  I've known so many people who "sex bash" (my dad was like that when I was growing up, he'd always trash talk women - I hated it. I'd tell him, Dad, I think women are smarter than men... overall - he'd get pissed  Laughing  )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 pm

I sometimes joke about women (but only to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law)...but I never do it in front of other men because I don't want them to take me seriously.

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Just show them your BFF pic with Doug then no one will take you seriously.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I sometimes joke about women (but only to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law)...but I never do it in front of other men because I don't want them to take me seriously.

My sister always makes the best sexist jokes (towards women).  It's pretty hilarious.  Also our family's sense of humor is pretty dry/straight-faced so I wonder how many people have heard her say something like, "a woman's place is in the kitchen wearing high-heels and an apron" or something to that effect and thought she was serious...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Just show them your BFF pic with Doug then no one will take you seriously.

Thumbs Up 

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

My sister always makes the best sexist jokes (towards women).  It's pretty hilarious.  Also our family's sense of humor is pretty dry/straight-faced so I wonder how many people have heard her say something like, "a woman's place is in the kitchen wearing high-heels and an apron" or something to that effect and thought she was serious...

Gotta love people who can tell a joke with a straight face. I do it all the time. Problem is I have done it to my kids for years, and now on occasion they will ask me if I'm serious. It really makes my wife unhappy she will tell me "stop it, they don't know you are kidding". You wouldn't want to be my kids when it comes to me telling them about the "birds and the bees".

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Hahaha!  Oh gosh, I hope you have fun with THAT conversation!

Yeah I tend to get myself in trouble with my straight-faced humor...  Case in point: I went to Starbucks one morning with a coworker.  She got some cream and sugar for her coffee but I got none.  When she asked if I wanted any, I matter-of-factly replied [quoting Airplane!], "no thank you, I take my coffee black; like my men."  She didn't get it.

On topic of the thread... I'm going to see that gal tomorrow before Bible study!  Unfortunately our schedules don't align well AT ALL but we both seem to have taken a liking to each other and are seeing each other when we can!  We text a fair bit (which I have mixed feelings on...) so at least we're able to communicate often that way.  We're still just getting to know each other but I think we both really like spending time together and so we'll see where things go!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Great to hear things are going well with your new female friend (too early to refer to her as a girlfriend etc.).  

Love the "Airplane" quote (I would have totally gotten that....then asked you if you had ever been in a Turkish prison).

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Thanks!  Nope, definitely not "girlfriend" yet but the forecast is good.

(Never been to a Turkish prison, though I do enjoy gladiator movies.)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 am

kerrick wrote:

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

kerrick wrote:

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked

Confused? So you mean to tell me you have never seen a grown man naked?

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

WHUT?!?!?!???! Shocked

Confused?  So you mean to tell me you have never seen a grown man naked?

Hodor.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

lol! 
Invite me to your wedding and don't go on about 'oo killed 'oo if I show up with a sword.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Eat beans before the date. If she can't handle you passing gas it's over.  Twisted Evil
Kerrick, you should try this. haha  Twisted Evil 

I told Kerrick that I will cry when he gets married one day. I'll be so happy for them. He grew up so fast!!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dating and Relationships Thread!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next