Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dating and Relationships Thread!

Go down 
+17
Fundy
bassdude
Xid
Redeemed Fool
MikeInFla
BearDad
Samson
Readi_Sketti
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
Driven
xenonlion
alldatndensum
Mac
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Haha my coworker had a better idea: to, on the first date, pick her up and have ski masks, gloves, rope, and other nefarious-looking items in the car and tell her to put the ski mask on...   Twisted Evil  Hahaha I may just have to do that some day...

Aww gee!  Well it'll still be a while yet before I'm married - even if things just go spectacularly with this one!  We will see... but XL you will definitely be of the first to know about it!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Yay! I really hope things go well. I think you've been through enough break ups.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Ugh dating is so frustrating!  I really wish I could just skip this part and get on to being fully committed to one person and they-me.  I don't know what's going on with this gal or how she feels towards me.  She seems interested, genuine, and enthusiastic when talking to me... but she's so busy that in the past month+ we've only been on like four dates!  That's less than one/week!  How am I supposed to get to know someone if I can't spend time with her???  Sorry for my rant...  Last night we sat together at church which was nice and she apologized for forgetting to let me know when she's available.  I told her, "no worries, I know you've got a ton on your plate; just let me know when you're free; I'm here."  I feel confident that I'm doing my part, that God's obviously doing His part, and that I need to just give up control and let Him take it from here.  It's just frustrating...  However, it's reminding me yet again that I need to put my hope in God who will never let me down instead of earthly things...  So there's a silver-lining to it all already, no matter what happens next!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Getting married is all about giving up control so this is a good time to learn that.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 am

Well, we had a talk last night about where things were going (or not going!) and the like and basically she's come to realize that she's got way too much to figure out right now (I think she's going through your standard mid-20's-life-crisis that I'm still coming out of), some healing from past relationships to still attain, and such.  So no more "us."  *sigh*  It's ok though, I'm just grateful for the clarity.  I am greatly looking forward to the day where I've got a ring on my finger and don't have to deal with any of the junk of breakups and guessing and all that!  I have no doubt marriage has beyond its fair share of challenges and difficulties, but nonetheless, it sounds mighty great!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

For the last year (since the above post, actually...), I have been in a strange spot of loneliness coupled with severe apathy and pessimism towards dating.  I've been sick of the letdowns, frustrations, unknowns, and such - which have made dating seem far more work than it's worth.  Eligible bachelorettes came and went but I just couldn't seem to muster the motivation to do anything about any of it.

That being said... I am officially smitten.  sunny I love you farao

I met this absolutely beautiful, godly, intelligent, fun, adventurous, Slovakian gal on a church-group hike a few weeks ago.  We've been "hanging out" a fair bit since but this Friday was our first official "date" and it went so well.  But yesterday just took the cake: we spent the entire day together and it flew by unbelievably fast.  I am in awe of just how natural, easy, fun, exciting, and just good it is!  Something about her just snapped me right out whatever funk I had been in and things only continue to keep getting even better.  The only difficult part is that she's a grad student on the foreign exchange program.  In a matter of months, she'll be returning to Barcelona where she's been studying.  But I'm not too worried about that; we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.  God is good and if this is something He'd like to see continue on, I have no doubt He'll make it possible.  Anyways, I just had to share that.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Brother Kerrick yooooo dawg!!!! Congrats man !!! I'm so happy for ya -this is awesome news ! I've said prayers for ya and I know others here have as well... and GOD HAS HEARD us ! And has answered ! Give praise to Him for this awesome person He's brought to you !!! 

cheers
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Awesome, Kerrick! That gives me hope.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks guys!  Yeah, everything seems to be going just so well!  Thank you for being good friends, for your prayers, and for being happy for me.  Very Happy

Ha, André, you're young and I'm sure will have no problem finding a classy lady in due time.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 3:04 pm

There's always hope....I had totally given up on relationships and thought I would be single my whole life, was just a few months from my 30th birthday and I was just done. Couldn't even think about it anymore....

..and then, I ran into a girl I had known in college. She didn't want anything to do with me then, which is understandable because I was obnoxious and silly back then, but we had a good talk and then we went out a couple of times and it was obvious something was there. Our wedding was 6 months after our first date, we've been married 14 years, have 2 beautiful daughters, and life is good. Not perfect, everyone has struggles, but pretty stinkin' good.
Wasn't necessarily my plan, but God has a way of working things out.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 pm

I really wish the best for you guys. I am happy for you.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:29 am

bassdude wrote:
There's always hope....I had totally given up on relationships and thought I would be single my whole life, was just a few months from my 30th birthday and I was just done. Couldn't even think about it anymore....

..and then, I ran into a girl I had known in college. She didn't want anything to do with me then, which is understandable because I was obnoxious and silly back then, but we had a good talk and then we went out a couple of times and it was obvious something was there. Our wedding was 6 months after our first date, we've been married 14 years, have 2 beautiful daughters, and life is good. Not perfect, everyone has struggles, but pretty stinkin' good.
Wasn't necessarily my plan, but God has a way of working things out.

That's a really cool story Bassdude.  God is good.  I recently heard that "God is never later, but He is rarely early."  Haha, so true.  All in His timing...

Well, I don't think I ever imagined I'd be saying this, but I am looking forward to going horseback riding and wine tasting today.  Embarassed   But it's with two very special ladies: the gal I mentioned above and my sister.  I told my dad that's what we were doing and he responded, "wow, you must really like her!"  (I do.)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 pm

LOL ! Go for it bro ! Nothing wrong with that... just test her a bit and make sure she likes doing things you're into as well - or she doesn't have to "like" the things you like, but rather goes along with things you like cuz she cares for you.  I always do things with my wife that I don't like (ie shopping, visiting family, shoes.. etc) and though she gave me grief at first, my wife came to the realization that my music is very important to me and now, without me pushing anything, she encourages me to pursue my music enjoyment.  She's absolutely wonderful and a hint of what God's love is like for me... I see God's love for me in the things she does for me all the time. After 18 years we're closer than we've ever been, despite a couple rough spots that I think all marriages have.
I want this kind of love and friendship for everyone - it's so incredible, and I pray that Kerrick's relationship as well as everyone elses, can be as awesome or more awesome than ours !

PS -Horseback riding is actually very cool.  I can't do it now (cuz of my spine) but I've rode several times in my late teens and early 20s and if you get a good horse (non-temperamental) you will have a good time ! Just pretend you're in the 1800s in the wild west. The men back then were bad dudes -today's equivalent would be dude's on Harley's  Laughing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks Jim!  It sure sounds like you've got quite the catch of a wife indeed.  Cool   Things with my lady continue to go exceptionally well... like, unbelievably well.  Sunday's estrogen-filled day of riding and wine tasting was a lot of fun and ultimately yielded some big discussions about the future and such.  Long story short, we are now "official" "boyfriend/girlfriend" or however you want to call it.   I love you I love you I love you   Tuesday evening she met my parents who absolutely adore her and she-them.  It was really special to see that actually.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Such excellent news indeed ! 

Go back a while and read some of your old posts about being single and dealing with the pain of lonliness-  it's such a trip to realize your future had this in store... I always tell people who are struggling g with being alone to just hang in there.... God knows and He will not let you linger by yourself forever. I used to think the same thing as I was alone for 2 years - it was very difficult and I felt I would never meet someone. That's when we need to wait on God and trust He will supply our needs... cuz He WILL !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:22 pm

kerrick wrote:
.....  Long story short, we are now "official" "boyfriend/girlfriend" or however you want to call it.   I love you I love you I love you   Tuesday evening she met my parents who absolutely adore her and she-them.  It was really special to see that actually.

Great news!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:58 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Such excellent news indeed ! 

Go back a while and read some of your old posts about being single and dealing with the pain of lonliness-  it's such a trip to realize your future had this in store... I always tell people who are struggling g with being alone to just hang in there.... God knows and He will not let you linger by yourself forever. I used to think the same thing as I was alone for 2 years - it was very difficult and I felt I would never meet someone. That's when we need to wait on God and trust He will supply our needs... cuz He WILL !

God is good indeed.  Cool   Thank you again for your prayers and support through it all!  I'm not out of the woods yet obviously (it's still early on), but things are pretty dang good right now.  Here's Veronika and I wine tasting on Sunday.  (My Alcest shirt makes it look like a hand is coming out of my wine glass haha...)

The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 Image10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:06 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:20 am

Great photo!  You two look very good together.

Regarding what Bassdude said, I was virtually the same. I was 27/28 and I decided to give up on ever finding someone, then the following year I went to a birthday party and met my wife to be.  It'll be our ten year wedding anniversary this year.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Kerrick, she is too pretty for you!!! (just kidding you kids look great together).  

Now let's see if your little sister XL approves.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 1:17 pm

kerrick wrote:

The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 Image10

Staybrite wrote:
Kerrick, she is too pretty for you!!! (just kidding you kids look great together).  

Ha!  She is definitely too pretty for me.  But I'm ok with that.  Razz

Well, our favorite Lion Girl has expressed her excitement and [presumed] approval to me already.  Cool   My biological little sister really likes her a lot too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 2:32 pm

kerrick wrote:

Quote :

Ha!  She is definitely too pretty for me.  But I'm ok with that.  Razz

Well, our favorite Lion Girl has expressed her excitement and [presumed] approval to me already.  Cool   My biological little sister really likes her a lot too.

It's always good when our family approves of people we are interested in. (especially the women folk)

PostSubject: Re: The Dating and Relationships Thread!   The Dating and Relationships Thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dating and Relationships Thread!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next