Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride - "Free".

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
unworthy
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 am

https://www.facebook.com/Bridefanpage/posts/639770439374425?notif_t=notify_me

Free is one of the new songs from Incorruptible, the new Bride album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:12 am

Just listening now, I have to say this has me a little intrigued. I haven't liked anything this band has done in a long time, but at first listen this doesn't seem too bad. Even with the "rapping lyric" part.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:37 pm

I haven't liked anything this band has done in 10-15 years. This has real promise at the beginning as the lead guitar kinda builds an atmosphere very unlike anything Bride's done before. Then the vocals start and completely ruin it. The singing and especially the rapping are just awful. I doubt I'll be getting this Bride album either. There's also the idea of supporting his beliefs, which I'm not terribly interested in doing.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 pm

I don't like his theological "heresy" and am not interested in anything they do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:41 pm

The rap is just plain bad.  At least on "Fistful of Bees", Dale was trying to sound decent.  This sounds horrible!  If this is the best they can do, this will be a huge disappointment for the fans.

I have overlooked Dale's beliefs and probably would again.  However, I don't know if I will get this just because he treats people like crap if they disagree with him in the least little bit.  I've been recently blocked from his page because I disagreed with something he said.  If you are going to claim that your music is a ministry, then shouldn't you TRY to show some love and patience with people who disagree with you?  I am not the first.  He has gone off on me and others for very small things.  I refuse to be treated like crap by someone with some sort of superiority complex.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I will listen to more songs of "Incorruptible".
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:08 am

I like it.  Different, but cool.  I don't mind rap styled stuff.  I think Dale's vocals are pretty strong here, and he sings with quite a lot of passion.

Rock on is what I say!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 am

alldatndensum wrote:
The rap is just plain bad.  At least on "Fistful of Bees", Dale was trying to sound decent.  This sounds horrible!  If this is the best they can do, this will be a huge disappointment for the fans.

I have overlooked Dale's beliefs and probably would again.  However, I don't know if I will get this just because he treats people like crap if they disagree with him in the least little bit.  I've been recently blocked from his page because I disagreed with something he said.  If you are going to claim that your music is a ministry, then shouldn't you TRY to show some love and patience with people who disagree with you?  I am not the first.  He has gone off on me and others for very small things.  I refuse to be treated like crap by someone with some sort of superiority complex.
 theological heresy is one thing... unchristlike attitude towards those who disagree is another. I have heard too many people say similar things.

even if I could overlook his beliefs... the song was WRETCHED .. the vocals are horrific.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 pm

I was kinda done with Bride after Snakes.....this confirms that I made the right choice.
Back to top Go down

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

It's ok. I used to really love is band but there are so many reasons that I feel I can't support this
Back to top Go down

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 pm

I will stick to 80s style Bride and just keep playing Live To Die and Silence Is Madness. Two incredible albums.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:34 am

"Snakes In The Playground" and "Scaregrow Messiah" are my alltime favorite Brind albums.
I even like "Fist Full Of Bees".
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:43 am

I only got half way through it.....  the rap part left me ..... wondering..... meh.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm

There are some songs on Fist Full Of Bees I really like.
"Soulwinner", "Never Thought About going Back".
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 pm

I thought "White House" was a slammin' metal song from FFOB. That record gets panned by a lot of people, and it surely isn't Bride's finest hour, but it was not the worst thing either.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:33 pm

I thought I was the only one who loved that song!  I thought White House was probably the best song on the album, and I listened to it repeatedly.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:27 pm

The White House is a cool song too.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 am

I listened to see if I liked it.  I don't.  I never could get into Bride at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bride - "Free". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride - "Free".   Bride - "Free". I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride - "Free".
Page 1 of 1