Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars 7 in the works!!!

Go down 
+14
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Fundy
Oldiesmann
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
Preacherman777
Timshell64
bassdude
unworthy
alldatndensum
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 10:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I've been reading some of the theories about the new Star Wars that insists that Luke will be the villian when all is said and done.  What do you think?  I hate that they'd do that, but I also found out that Mark Hamill wanted and even BEGGED Lucas to take the character that direction at the end.
I dunno, Harrison also begged George to kill Han in Return Of The Jedi.

This one is great too:

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 Startrekfan-1

And the R2D2 shirt above... Is that "Old Bob" from The Black Hole on that shirt? Awesome! I couldn't remember what robot that was but I was thinking the one from the Black Hole.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 12:48 pm

A few months back I started watching SW in numerical order - I recently finished and am now ready for Episode VII.

I know there are many "Biblical comparisons" to the SW concepts, names, and story lines, but this one occurred to me while I was watching ROTJ (which happens to be Episode SIX).  
I laughed, as I always do, when Luke removes Vader's helmet only to reveal this egg-headed, pathetic, baggy-eyed old dude -

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 Darth10

...................................................  That's when this Scripture that is applied to Lucifer came to mind:

"Those who see you will gaze at you, They will ponder over you, saying, 'Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms ?" (Isa 14:16)

I wonder if this was once again another allusion Lucas was making, in that the one who was SO powerful and formidable... ends up being a pathetic mortal who will succumb to a Higher Power.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Wasn't it reported that David Prowse was supposed to be the one under the mask and when he showed the clip early to some people Lucas became angry and replaced him with the old guy we ended up seeing?

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 Prowse
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
And the R2D2 shirt above... Is that "Old Bob" from The Black Hole on that shirt? Awesome! I couldn't remember what robot that was but I was thinking the one from the Black Hole.

It's a dalek from Dr. Who.

Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyfXBnWifY_uJ7M8rz_HeDXPyJb1kPqwcARBydv-SdIAuzSqDrHQ

http://www.doctorwho.tv/50-years/monsters/daleks
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 12:52 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Wasn't it reported that David Prowse was supposed to be the one under the mask and when he showed the clip early to some people Lucas became angry and replaced him with the old guy we ended up seeing?

Interesting... I never heard that one.  Personally I think Prowse would have been a better choice - visually (regardless of whether he showed the clip to anyone or not). He has much more "presence" and could pass for an older Hayden than the random egg-head dude they used.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 6:03 am

Prowse played Vader in all three of the original trilogy movies and did all the dialog on set.  They went back in and did the voice overs with James Earl Jones.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 9:46 am

The more I've thought about the Biblical references and parallels the more I've wondered if those are intentional or whether it is just that as a Christian I read that into the whole epic good vs. evil story.  It seems like it is easy to do that with those--Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 pm

It's certainly easy to "read into" certain movies or TV shows some Biblical references... but then there are some movies with CLEAR parallels to Scripture in the writing.

I don't wanna derail this thread, but I once watched a Christian documentary that demonstrated this in several movies, including the whole Star Wars industry. I wish I remembered the name of the doc, it was really well done and made their case very clearly.  It didn't necessarily "bash" these movies either, it actually showed how beneficial they were in making a sort of "parable" of Bible truths using their movie stories.

I'll hafta dig thru my old videos and see if I have a copy of it.

Ok..  BACK TO STAR WARS 7 ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:49 am

So who's got tickets?? We preordered ours for Sat Dec 18 at 10 AM. Excited! Our 14 year old daughter is going opening day with her school. The school booked the whole theater. Then we will go Sat morning for the 2D showing.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:17 am

Man, none of our schools ever did that for us  Sad
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:33 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Man, none of our schools ever did that for us  Sad
Yeah, that would have been cool! Something to do with kids who have not gotten in trouble and maintain decent grades get to go for a field trip. My daughter is excited about it but she said some of the "popular" kids are "too cool for such nonsense" and are skipping school that day. I keep saying we need to go back and watch New Hope, Empire & Jedi before this comes out and here it is less than 2 weeks away now! Maybe this weekend we can catch up on the original trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 in the works!!!   Star Wars 7 in the works!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars 7 in the works!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4