Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geocaching

Go down 
+7
Guilty/Forgiven
Noah
rockerVu2
topshot rhit
Staybrite
sabidoo
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16587
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Geocaching - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:47 pm

That's what we often do too, geocaching when we have to go to a city or so.
Last weekend we have found a cache while we were on our way home.

1211 caches, that's my goal for a year or five.
Let's first find 250 caches this year.

DBF, what owl you have signed?

Geocaching is not a race to grab as many geocaches you can.
You have to enjoy to serch for caches, load them and then go out to see if you really can find them.
I had to learn that too.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm

I remember finding caches while on a trip east of Ottawa. I missed FTF on one of those caches by one day. And then there was was the time I was going down to Wonderland. Smile Geocaching is fun to explain to muggles: "Geo-what?"

rockerVu2: We found a Barred Owl, the most common species around here. While we didn't see the owl for very long; its flight pattern, size, and colour indicated it was an owl. I was very pleased! Owls are hard to find where I live.

Often, when I know I'm gonna go to another area, I look at the map at www.geocaching.com/map/beta (do you guys know about it?) because it is so much better than the other methods; it is the best way to know where caches are.

I'm looking at what I can do Tuesday, I have to deliver papers and that brings me into town.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23529
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Without those maps, geocaching would be much harder. I use the maps every time I plan to go out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:01 am

I'm going early this morning to try FTF on a cache.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 am

Let us know if you get it. It feels good to be the first out there.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

I got my FTF! cheers I had to get out there at 7:00 am, and I arrived at 8:15 am, but I got it! That brings me to 40 caches.

Afterwards, we (Dad and I) headed to a nearby escarpment with a little-known trail up there. Whenever we get to 100 caches, we are SO putting a cache upon the trail (for now, there are no caches there). Since it's a hard climb, the terrain must be 4 or close. The view at the top is just so beautiful (minus the deerfly in the upper right Laughing):
Geocaching - Page 24 5901028419_b94311ff19_z

On our way back, we dropped by another cache, which had been there for several years. I DNF it, and recent logs indicated as much. The hint is very imprecise (4 years old) because it talks about dead trees, which may have rotted away. Oh well, at least I saw a beautiful butterfly (White Admiral):
Geocaching - Page 24 5901032541_a8a9b5864c_z

I like sharing my experiences, so don't mind me. Smile

Last edited by danielbandfan on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out the end of a sentence)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Keep sharing those. I like to see pics. I need to take more of them when I am caching.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:19 pm

One thing that sucks is that I forgot to take a picture of me with my first cache. Stupid
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am

In this case I will take pictures when we are geocaching.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:23 am

Scenic pictures are my favourites, but feel free to post pictures - if you want to!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23497
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Love the butterfly pic, just fantastic.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Love the butterfly pic, just fantastic.

The butterfly fluttered by, then came close. I took a pic, then it came closer. Another pic, and then it came even closer. It was just weird how it only took off AFTER I took the picture.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9967
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 pm

How come this thread isn't in "Sticky" yet ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 am

Because it is so popular, it stays up by itself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm

That's my thought too.
The geocachers on CHM know to find this thread.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Do you actually go caching, Staybrite?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
How come this thread isn't in "Sticky" yet ?

I didn't sticky it because not everyone here shares the hobby. If we all did, then I'd stick it up top in a heartbeat. But, as it is, just those of us interested read and post in it. It stays pretty busy.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Found 3 geocaches today.
One was a multi cache in and around an aviation museum.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:24 pm

That reminds me… Are we allowed to place caches inside buildings (e.g. shopping malls)?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:05 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
That reminds me… Are we allowed to place caches inside buildings (e.g. shopping malls)?

No.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23497
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Do you actually go caching, Staybrite?

Nope, I do a little walking, but no gecaching.
My sister-in-law used to be an avid cacher, not sure if she still does it or not.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 am

You should try it once, Staybrite. It can be rather addictive if you have the time. Besides, you are the only one of us here close enough to find the cache hidden at Groundspeak in Seattle.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9967
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 am

Are there instances where a cache has been removed by a passerby ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 am

Quite frequently, actually. That is part of the risk of the game. Your container can end up being "muggled" as we call it. The term was borrowed from Harry Potter and refers to those who are not cachers. Muggles are everywhere, but sometimes they do stumble across your hide. I have had several of my hides muggled. I need to check on 2 to see if they are still intact.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm

The weatherman keeps getting it wrong. He said "showers" and it hasn't rained yet - and the sky shows no signs of doing so. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geocaching   Geocaching - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geocaching
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next