Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special attention.

Go down 
+8
kethdredd
silentthunder89
Staybrite
7thSecond
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
MetalFRO
rockerVu2
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 am

What bands deserve our special attention?
Bands you never hear from aymore.
But their music was so cool.
Bands who never have gotten the appreciation they really deserve.

I think of all the pioneers who started to release their music on tapes.
Most of those bands are forgotten.
Yes, I know some of those bands really have an dated sound.
That's not what counts this time, it's the music, the lyrics.

I also think of bands who released their CDs by themself.
It's cool to sigh by a record company that helps bands to release CDs.
A lot of bands are indie bands and some are pretty cool.
That's a point to get some special attention too.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 am

One band in particular that never got their due was Ordained Fate. Pioneering because it was female-fronted thrash (nearly all-female band as well!), and because it was semi-progressive thrash at that. Their 2nd album (which sadly, I still do not own) took a more doom oriented direction, but kept thrash elements, and was more experimental. Their stuff can be an acquired listen, even for thrash freaks like me, but it's worth taking the time to get into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 am

I won't say that any band deserves our attention more than any other due to the fact that it's all about our personal tastes. There are bands I will never like just because of the style. They might have been pioneers and really good at their genre. But, I just won't listen because I don't care for the style.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm

I personally LOVED America Gommorah. I would have loved to hear more from them. I know their sound mimicks some other bands out there, but there was something special about them and their lyrics.

I recently discovered that Big Fat Jam had 2 albums and not just one as i thought... this was a pleasant surprise and I am thoroughly enjoying their other album.

I guess the only other band I think were underrated and should've had more limelight was Crossection. At their height, they seem to have disappeared completely and that bums me cuz I think they had something musically and lyrically that a lot of bands lack.

Like alldat said, it's a matter of personal preference. ie. These 3 bands I mentioned may be despised by other Christian music lovers.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:27 pm

The Lead www.myspace.com/thelead Unfortunantely the songs posted on their Myspace aren't very good and are all live.
Back to top Go down

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:22 pm

The Lead is a good choice... Headbang

I would add Stronghold and Barnabas to the list.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 am

Guilty Forgiven, Big Fat Jam is a wonderful band.
It's true it's a matter of personal preferences, one loves this an other really doesn't like that band.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
The Lead is a good choice... Headbang

Ok, so for years now I have wondered how to pronounce the name of this band. Which would it sound like?

1. The Leed (as in I am moving up front to take the lead).
or
2. The Led (as in my feet feel as heavy as lead).

??????

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I think Ashes Remain deserve a little more attention. For one, they have an AMAZING guitar player who was ranked in the top 10 newest guitarists by I think Guitar Center Magazine. Yet it seems like everywhere I go, nobody's ever heard of them. I think they're starting to get bigger though. This will be their second year in a row that they've been invited to Ichthus Festival and I believe they may have a pending record deal in the making.
Back to top Go down

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 am

Staybrite wrote:
1. The Leed (as in I am moving up front to take the lead).

Personally, that is how I have always pronounced it. No idea if that is the way the band meant it, though. Evil or Very Mad

That is why Led Zep used "Led". So people wouldn't mispronounce their name. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:41 pm

I've always said The Leed, but I'm not really sure to tell the truth. To bad they weren't opening for D.R.I. when I saw them or I'd probably know.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Ha! I've always thought it was The Led.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Glad to see nobody else knows for sure either. geek

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:37 pm

3d - "No Glasses Needed"

This came out in the mid-eighties and presents with some bluesy metal and hard rock. Yes, this one is quite obscure but the quality is such that I have been waiting several decades now for its re-issue on CD.

100% Proof - "Power And The Glory"

UK based based that broke up with a couple of its former members putting together Force 3. A joining of metal and hard rock (with one instrumental thrown in), the album was a vinyl only release that also deserves re-issue on CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:08 pm

I think it would've been nice if Scarlet Red and Arsenal got more attention than they did. It would also be interesting to hear what Dual Edge's "Knock'em Alive!" album would sound like with great production! I'm willing to agree that some of their songs were on the weak side, but I believe they were a "diamond in the rough." Their guitarist could tear it up!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Ty wrote:
I think it would've been nice if Scarlet Red and Arsenal got more attention than they did. It would also be interesting to hear what Dual Edge's "Knock'em Alive!" album would sound like with great production! I'm willing to agree that some of their songs were on the weak side, but I believe they were a "diamond in the rough." Their guitarist could tear it up!

I agree with all of that. Also Broken Silence.

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm

"leed" vs "led" - yeah, it's pronounced like "leed".

Force 3! Now there's a band I haven't heard in ages! I was SO into them when they came out. Oh well, I have their best song on a compilation, so I'm happy.

And Crossection, huh? Wow, I'm surprised to see that name pup up! That's a cool Canadian rock band that I haven't heard about in ages! I was into them for a while... had their first two tapes... don't know if they ever did more. Kinda got bored of them over time, though. Wouldn't mind hearing them again, just to reminisce.

_
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Thomas wrote:
Force 3! Now there's a band I haven't heard in ages! I was SO into them when they came out. Oh well, I have their best song on a compilation, so I'm happy.
_

Force 3's "Warrior Of Light" album is STILL one of my favorites! The music, the lyrics, the cover art...it's all good! Thumbs Up For those who don't like it, that's cool. I still like that album.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:20 am

Yep, that's what I used to have, and that's the song that I still have on some compilation tape somewhere... I forget which one it is now. I'm gonna have to go through my tapes this weekend and listen to all these old gems that I haven't heard in so long. I'll have to put them to CD so they're more easily accessible for me.

_
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:25 am

Quote :
And Crossection, huh? Wow, I'm surprised to see that name pup up! That's a cool Canadian rock band that I haven't heard about in ages! I was into them for a while... had their first two tapes... don't know if they ever did more. Kinda got bored of them over time, though. Wouldn't mind hearing them again, just to reminisce.

I was heavily into Night Ranger and other AOR bands just before accepting Christ, so when I discovered Crossection I was elated ! Loved their sound, but I think what really moved me the most was their heartfelt lyrics. I always wished I couldve seen 'em in concert and meet them. I often wonder what theyre doing today, where they are ?
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am

For those who were into the AOR sound, Novella and Nouveaux were two great bands.

One band that was an indie and never really got any exposure was Catalyst, and another was Crucifer. Both of those albums are pretty decent, a little much filler for some, but overall both are pretty solid releases.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:39 pm

nazpastor wrote:

One band that was an indie and never really got any exposure was Catalyst, and another was Crucifier.....

I'll second both of those bands too.

How about Heroz & Chryztyne?

rockerVu2

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Heroz and Chryztyne are excellent bands.
What about the German rock band Creed?
Back to top Go down

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:45 pm

This is a great thread! Thank you for starting it, RockerVu2! The Heroz band that you mentioned...are they/were they the independent band from Ohio, with Rusty on vocals? (I think the last name is Yanok, or something like that...) I believe their album is called "Milestone." Anyway, if so, I got to see them many years ago; they were one of the bands opening for Lovewar!

Really cool band, too! Not only did they put on a good show, but I got to meet, and spend some time with, the band before they took the stage. All of the band members were cool, but Rusty (the lead singer) stood out to me. Just a major-cool, fun Brother in the Lord Jesus! I haven't seen him, or the rest of the band members, in years!! Rusty's one of those guys...he talks to you like he's known you his whole life!! No Rockstar attitude, whatsoever! Yes, Rusty REALLY has left an impression on me--and it's a GOOD one, too!

On a different note (...since this is the "Special Attention" thread), I would also like to add that I believe Angelica's "Walkin' In Faith" deserved/s A LOT more attention than it ever received!!! Even though I still prefer Rob Rock's vocals on the first Angelica album more, Jerome Mazza did very well, in my opinion, and I think "Walkin' In Faith" is an inspiring, melodic metal masterpiece! So uplifting. Cool Thumbs Up

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Ty wrote:
....... The Heroz band that you mentioned...are they/were they the independent band from Ohio, with Rusty on vocals? (I think the last name is Yanok, or something like that...) I believe their album is called "Milestone.".....

Not at all sure who any of the band members where, but the Heroz I mentioned was the one who did the album "Milestone" (great album)

Special attention. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special attention.   Special attention. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special attention.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: