Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?

Go down 
+8
alldatndensum
KellyM
messiaen77
bassdude
Staybrite
Xid
Normaniac
Dynamis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 9:26 am

Pre-Trib? Mid-Trib? Three-quarters-Trib?  Well done-Trib?  Medium rare-Trib?  Or perhaps you do not believe in the rapture at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm

Pre-Wrath.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Pan-Trib.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 pm

I believe in the rapture....just no completely convinced when it's supposed to occur.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm

I'm inclined to believe in the pre-Trib Rapture.....however, I have heard people make pretty convincing presentations to argue for other options.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 am

I used to believe in the Rapture, but the more I read and study, I don't really see any conclusive support for it Scripturally and it seems like something 19th century Christians made up so they could believe they are more special to God than those heathen sinners.
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes I do. Pre-Trib. Work like it will be in 200 years; live like it will be in my next breath.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 pm

I believe in a literal return of Jesus to take a home.  I mean more mid-Trib but feel we should study all the theories.  None of us truly know when he will come again, and each end-time belief has different ramifications and expectations for us believers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 8:17 pm

Just want to offer an explanation for the reason behind my original post.  I became to the faith in 1979 while reading Hal Lindsey's "The Late Great Planet Earth" and have lost track the number of 'End Times prophecy' books I have read over the years, although I skipped the "Left Behind" series. 

The past week I re-read one such book in which the author suggests that the scripture verses currently used to support the rapture actually apply to the Second Coming instead.  Those that are 'caught up' are taken at the literally point when Christ returns.  Hence, you might describe his theory as actually 'post trib' instead!  Smile 

But therein the problem lies in that the author also does not believe in a seven year tribulation period or a literal one world 'Antichrist' world leader.  His view on prophecy is actually 'historic' based as based to the 'futuristic' view of Lindsey and the "Left Behind" series.

Please note that I am not taking a stance either way (I do not necessarily subscribe to the Historic point of view and am not attempting to suggest what is right or wrong) but the author does make some interesting points and certainly got me thinking- or at the very least challenges certain lines of thinking I have taken granted for years.  In terms of specifics, the author draws a lot of his conclusions from how the Reformers during the Middle Ages interpreted prophecy.

I am not certain what to think but also feel it is important to be open minded and discerning.  In other words, whether pre-trib, mid-trib or no trib, be ready regardless and all the same.  The classic Resurrection Band song "American Dream" summed things up succinctly when it suggested:

It WILL happen...
Just don't think about it!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 8:22 pm

On a side note: I am kind of on the fence in regards to a lot of the End Times and prophecy teaching and am not certain what to think, so hopefully the topic will be open to friendly discussion and debate.  Also, I hope Pastor Brad chimes in and offers his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 2:39 am

For a really decent end-times/Rapture read, check out James BeauSeigneur's Christ Clone Trilogy.  Kind of hard to find, but worth it.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Mid trib
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Samson wrote:
Mid trib

Because you can only take so much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 9:33 pm

I guess I'm ultimately pan-trib. It all pans out in the end. (I wish I could take credit for that, but I think that came from the old CMR.)

But seriously, I'm really not sure who to believe. I've heard convincing cases of all sorts. In the end, I believe that I am God's child and that He has the power and grace to keep me His until the day I die, no matter how.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 4:21 am

+1 trillion

Rockin'
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 8:31 am

Yep, I believe in the rapture.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm

I always like to quote something I think I read in a Heaven's Metal interview: "I'll tell you when it happens." Wink
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 2:49 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I always like to quote something I think I read in a Heaven's Metal interview: "I'll tell you when it happens." Wink

Oh man, that's fantastic.  Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?   Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question #52 - Do You Believe In The Rapture?
Page 1 of 1