Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?

Go down 
+11
kerrick
bassdude
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Black Rider
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Normaniac
Xid
alldatndensum
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 8:13 pm

I am not talking about the kind that sneak into the USA illegally.  I am referring to life forms similar to or more advanced that come from other planets or dimensions.  

With this question, we are not bringing this one up to try to convince one another that our views are right or wrong.  I just want to know what you think.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 10:26 pm

No.  I do not believe in aliens.  Though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised by our creative God putting life on more than one planet in a universe so vast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 3:40 am

I believe the "aliens" are largely fallen angels deceiving humanity.  The entire phenomenon of the alien abductee syndrome is highly reminiscent of the reports of wee folk from the Middle Ages, and that of the succubus/incubus.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 am

Nope. Don't believe in them or time travelers (as much as I wish a DeLorean actually worked!).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 am

Normaniac wrote:
I believe the "aliens" are largely fallen angels deceiving humanity.  The entire phenomenon of the alien abductee syndrome is highly reminiscent of the reports of wee folk from the Middle Ages, and that of the succubus/incubus.

If aliens exist, that is my thoughts on them as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Normaniac wrote:

That would certainly be a plausible explanation for alien sightings, ghosts too.
I'm not saying aliens couldn't exist, but God would have had to have made them....and I haven't seen any convincing evidence of Aliens.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 4:27 pm

I don't believe there's life on other planets, but I do like Larry Norman's lyrics (even though I don't believe it's real)

And if there's life on other planets
Then I'm sure that He must know
And He's been there once already
And has died to save their souls

and Seventh Avenue's Terium album is INCREDIBLE!  That deals with a 'Jesus' turning up in another universe.  If anyone loves metal, christianity and sci-fi, then that's gotta be one of the best.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Nah but the fallen angel thing has some plausibility.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am

I believe there is a high probability of life on another planet somewhere.  It just statistically makes sense to me.  I don't believe they are so technologically superior to Earth life that they are visiting here.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am

And even if they could, would they really WANT to visit here?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
If I seem to remember my Bradbury fiction, the Chicken Pox wiped out the Martian race. But was that us visiting them or them visiting us?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 am

It seems a bit silly to me that God would create this massive universe, with entire galaxies of stars of various sizes and colors, only to create life on one little blue planet around a small yellow star.

But what do I know, I'm not God.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm

Fundy wrote:
I don't believe there's life on other planets, but I do like Larry Norman's lyrics (even though I don't believe it's real)

Those are very interesting lyrics...  I wonder how he came to the conclusion that Christ would have died for other beings too?  Did Christ "become flesh" in some other body (or bodies) and therefore has multiple bodies?  He ascended into Heaven is His human body.  He didn't die for the souls of angels/demons either - only humans (so far as we are told).  I'd have to think more on that but that strikes me as being a bit far-fetched!
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 2:14 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
If I seem to remember my Bradbury fiction, the Chicken Pox wiped out the Martian race. But was that us visiting them or them visiting us?
Us visiting them.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 pm

kerrick wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Those are very interesting lyrics...  I wonder how he came to the conclusion that Christ would have died for other beings too?  Did Christ "become flesh" in some other body (or bodies) and therefore has multiple bodies?  He ascended into Heaven is His human body.  He didn't die for the souls of angels/demons either - only humans (so far as we are told).  I'd have to think more on that but that strikes me as being a bit far-fetched!
While Larry's music rocked, sometimes his lyrics were a bit wonky.  I'm of the persuasion that Jesus' sacrifice cleansed the entire universe, aka the "Kosmos." Once for all, as mentioned in Hebrews.   Rockin'
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 2:26 pm

I think something is going on with our government that a lot of people attribute to aliens & off-world technology, but I don't know what it is. I think they have developed some stuff that would freak us all out if we knew about it, but the whole alien thing, I just don't know. Fallen angels could be possible, but again, I don't know & I'm not the kind of person to chalk all of it up to demonic activity, then forget about it.

I would LOVE to go inside Area 51 and S4. Yes, they do exist. I personally know people who have been inside both of them and no, they won't tell me ANYTHING! Grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 pm

Normaniac wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Fundy wrote:

While Larry's music rocked, sometimes his lyrics were a bit wonky.  I'm of the persuasion that Jesus' sacrifice cleansed the entire universe, aka the "Kosmos." Once for all, as mentioned in Hebrews.   Rockin'

Gotcha.  I suppose that begs the question then that IF there are living beings other than us who need a Savior, are they human (since Christ's human incarnation was necessary to take upon Himself our sins, let alone the fact that we're made in God's image) and then did He ever physically visit their planet?  Surely Jesus wasn't sacrificed twice so would they just accept that their Savior's sacrifice and physical ministry occurred on a planet foreign to them?  And that opens up a whole other can of hypothetical worms haha.  I dunno, to me it just seems more consistent with what we're given in Scripture to assume that we're it!

That being said, in high school I had a really fantastic small group leader who had been a Green Beret and therefore had a lot of military connections, etc.  According to him... he had multiple reliable pilot acquaintances who had all seen objects flying in the sky during training that seemed to defy physics.  They flew at very high speeds and without decelerating could turn at right angles, etc.  Personally I'd tend to go with what was written above about anything alien-like actually being demonic as a means to distract people from Truth.  But it was pretty interesting hearing him talk about that though!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 9:35 pm

In the same vein as many here, I lean towards thinking it's demonic manifestations. But what do I know...

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 4:20 am

Do you guys ever catch FringePop videos on YouTube? Dr. Michael Heiser hosts.  This week's topic: would discovering the existence of aliens thwart a Christian's worldview? Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 8:30 am

No, I don't believe in aliens.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 pm

I do believe in Allens 

Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? Allen10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I do believe in Allens 

Stupid
lol! ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL lol!

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Spam
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 11:28 am

I am almost ready to believe in aliens.  We've had a pandemic, murder hornets, locusts in Africa, and now racial riots with both BLM and Antifa working together on the streets.  At this point in 2020, aliens might be easier to believe in.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 9:42 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am almost ready to believe in aliens.  We've had a pandemic, murder hornets, locusts in Africa, and now racial riots with both BLM and Antifa working together on the streets.  At this point in 2020, aliens might be easier to believe in.

Aliens = Demons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?   Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question #51 - Do You Believe In Aliens?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next