Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?

Go down 
+5
MikeInFla
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
Black Rider
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:54 am

We all have those special days like birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc.  How do you shop for your spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend?  Do you just buy whatever strikes your fancy at the time?  Do you take the easy way out and give money or gift cards?  Enquiring minds want to know.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 8:05 am

At this point it's usually flowers and gift cards and lucky for me, she is totally okay with it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 am

I will usually see what's on here Amazon Wishlist and get an idea. Plus I know what style clothes she likes and know what colors she likes to wear.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 11:21 am

At this stage in life, we don't really need or want anything.  So, I'll either ask her what she wants and make a list or it's flowers and a gift card.  I've been trying to make an effort to browse around a store to see if anything strikes me as to something Tori may like.  I'm a terrible gifter.  No imagination.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Gift cards. It is actually harder for her to buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 3:29 pm

I go the easy route.  I usually ask her what she wants and she will send me ideas on Amazon or a specific store's website.  But I have guessed what she might want before, and also bought her gift cards.  For example for Christmas this year I bought her two outfits from Amazon that she picked out, but I also got her a Hobby Lobby gift card, and a little nick-knack that I picked out on my own.
On her birthday I bought her a jacket that I saw her eyeing at Costco a few days before.  
So kind of all of the above.  Smile

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm

I do several things.  I try to watch her in stores and see what she likes but won't buy for herself.  Holly will also send me wish lists from Amazon, but then I shop around the internet and see where I can get the lowest prices.  I have bought her gift cards, but I feel I can do better than that since we know each other so well.  I have never just given her money.

Our 32nd anniversary is next week.  She sent me a Pandora charm list of 4 potential charms she wanted.  I got two of them and ordered her a pair of bone conduction headphones for when she is working.  She does not know about the headphones at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 am

Make it more interesting - How do you shop for a spouse? Meaning, where can I buy a spouse?  Razz

Mine doesn't want me to buy clothes. She wants to try stuff on first so I haven't bought her anything other than a few Beatles t-shirts. Candles are always good too. When she gets off work she likes to hit Starbucks so I usually buy her a card for there. 

Sometimes she will tell me "You know what YOU want so just order it and I'll wrap it when it gets here" and that works too.

The part about that I DON'T like is that if I order music (CD's or records) and if there is any holiday close by (in this case, Father's Day) she will intercept the mail and wrap it up. I noticed I had a record deliver this week and it was nowhere to be found. When I went in the back closet to get cat food I noticed a square shaped present wrapped which is the LP I ordered.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 12:43 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
The part about that I DON'T like is that if I order music (CD's or records) and if there is any holiday close by (in this case, Father's Day) she will intercept the mail and wrap it up. I noticed I had a record deliver this week and it was nowhere to be found. When I went in the back closet to get cat food I noticed a square shaped present wrapped which is the LP I ordered.

Oh man that would stink.  My family knows not to mess with my music.  lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Oh man that would stink.  My family knows not to mess with my music.  lol!

That would just royally tick me off!  If I ordered it for my own enjoyment, then leave it alone.  My wife won't buy me music because I buy what I want when I want.  As far as gifts, that is off limits.  I don't care if I ordered something and it comes a couple of days before my birthday or Christmas.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 pm

That's pretty funny Mike!  I had that happen to me once: I ordered myself a CD and was surprised by how long it was taking to arrive.  Then lo and behold Christmas morning I open a present "from my parents" and there it is!  We all got a good laugh out of that.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am

Wish list. 

A miracle of the modern era!

We all create one, and at least we know we'll get something we like, even if the rest of the stuff is absolutely diabolical!

So, Socks, hankies, deodorant and soap is nasty.
Socks, hankies, deodorant, soap and "Christian metal cd from my list" is awesome.

It works the same way for my wife.

Problem solved  Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Last edited by Fundy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 am

kerrick wrote:
That's pretty funny Mike!  I had that happen to me once: I ordered myself a CD and was surprised by how long it was taking to arrive.  Then lo and behold Christmas morning I open a present "from my parents" and there it is!  We all got a good laugh out of that.

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 8:18 am

Ummm...I think that is illegal.  LOL

I live more rurally, so I would probably try Farmer's Only if I wanted a new spouse.   lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 8:14 am

I'll ask what he wants.
Most of the time I can order the things my husband likes online.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?   Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question #52 - How Do You Shop For Your Spouse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: