Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy

Go down 
+4
Xid
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
BearDad
8 posters

Lovespeak
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Broken Promises
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Souls for Hire
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The House is on Fire
 0% [ 0 ]
I Need Your Love
 0% [ 0 ]
Rain Dance
 0% [ 0 ]
Shadows
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
So In Love With You
 0% [ 0 ]
Colours
 0% [ 0 ]
Irish Garden
 0% [ 0 ]
Right on Time
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Across These Fields Reprise
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Lincoln's Train
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Can't Stop Loving You
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 7:48 pm

What do you get when you take a blues-influenced hard rock band and take away the amps?

BLOOOOOOZ Baby!

While this is not the Rez band I grew up with, any more than Lament was, it is a much better alternative. In my opinion they really went out on top, taking their old songs and redoing them, not just as acoustics but as full blown flat out blues tunes! And as such this album is also an excellent precursor to Glenn's solo work and his GKB releases.

Did I mention that this is blues album!? LOL! If you don't like unplugged, unabashed blues, then steer clear of this project.

Favorite tune! Aarrrggh! I can't name just one; they are all awesome, even the once-hard rockers! OK, Broken Promises it is. Of course that's fitting as that is also my favorite song on Rainbow's End, which happens to be my favorite Rez album! Smile

And that, Ladies and Gents, is the end of the Resurrection Band polls. Please try to contain your cheers until after I log off.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 am

I have never heard this album.  So, I cannot vote.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:49 am

For me the same.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 am

I haven't either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 am

I love Shadows.  What a great song.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 am

I'll go with Shadows.  That song never gets old.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

I'm not a huge fan of the blues but I do like acoustic music so I am torn about even getting this album.  It's likely I will pick it up someday, but I just don't have it yet. 

I have to confess this does sound very cool.

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am

One of my most favorite all time UNplugged albums. It was an ingenious way to bow out after an electrifying era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Ampendectomy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1