Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament

Go down 
+4
Xid
ishmael81
metaldude
BearDad
8 posters

Parting Glance
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Across These Fields
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
On the Move
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Summer Throw
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
At Land's End
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_lcap29%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Song and Dance
 0% [ 0 ]
In Change
 0% [ 0 ]
The Road
 0% [ 0 ]
Dark Carnival
 14% [ 1 ]
Mirror
 0% [ 0 ]
Another Look
 0% [ 0 ]
Surprised
 0% [ 0 ]
Richest One
 14% [ 1 ]
Across These Fields Reprise
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 pm

This album was very aptly named, as Rez fans everywhere lamented over the direction the band went. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album with some good songs, but it's not the Rez band we came to love.  That being said, as a more mature adult I have found I actually enjoy this album more now ... hmm, go figure!

Lament is a concept album, and while Glenn took a hand in the writing again, the story was directed by Ty Tabor of King's X.  Gone are the cover tunes, the simple story songs, the hard rockers, and even the blues tunes. Instead there are slower, driven songs, still with a solid blues base to them, but which all work together to tell a story "about one man's disillusionment with the harshness and cruelty of life and his eventual realization that things will not change without his own spiritual redemption" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lament_(Resurrection_Band_album).  Although I didn't see the band in concert for this album, I understand each show was done as a live version of this album from beginning to end, something I probably would have been disappointed with at the time. It's one thing to go see a show by a band, such as TSO's "Beethoven's Last Night", but when going to see the band, rather than the show, one hopes for songs from many albums, if not all of them.

Tidbit #1: The band went full circle with their name, going back to Resurrection Band for this album.
Tidbit #2: At 14 tracks this was the band's longest studio album to date.

Favorite track: Dark Carnival. I'm not sure why, as there is no happiness in the song, no hint of redemption, peace, salvation, etc. It's one of the darker songs of the album. It's not even their best song musically. But for some reason I like it.

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:11 am

To be honest, I didn't like this album. I have it. Maybe it's time to revisit it. Maybe I'm more mature now.   Wink
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 am

I chose Across These Fields Reprise. This is the album everyone pans - it's probably my favorite Rez album.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 am

I've only heard one song off of this album.  At least I think it was.  I can't remember the name of it though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:46 am

For some reason I always thought this album was a fan favorite, I didn't realize so many people didn't care for it.  I found quite a bit to like about it myself.  I think Summer Throw, At Lands End, The Road and Across These Fields Reprise are fantastic tunes.  The band sounds a little edgier here, has a bit more grit...quite frankly I dig the slightly darker vibe of the album.  For a favorite I went with Across These Fields, it sounds like it has a B3 Hammond Organ on it, and great groove.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:13 pm

^^ I think it was good for the time when it came out, and in general people liked it, but I cannot honestly say I have ever run into any long-time fans that liked it at the time it came out. I think my disappointment was that it wasn't like their earlier albums; after all, the previous three all seemed to me to be one album in three parts.  I was getting more into heavier music and wanted it louder, faster, and harder, and this wasn't. 

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

BearDad wrote:
^^ I think it was good for the time when it came out, and in general people liked it, but I cannot honestly say I have ever run into any long-time fans that liked it at the time it came out. I think my disappointment was not that it wasn't like their earlier albums; after all, the previous three all seemed to me to be one album in three parts.  I was getting more into heavier music I wanted it louder, faster, and harder, and this wasn't. 

Gotchya.  I didn't even discover the band until around 2005, and I think I've only had this about for about 4 or 5 years.  I can certainly see how the shift away from the more blues driven rock would have been a surprise for most fans.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:40 pm

I've got to go with Richest One.  It is the song that brings the story to a close and such a beautiful close it is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am

Difficult decision between Across These Fields and Land's End (currently the top vote getters).
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:59 pm

At Land's End. This album was a grower, I didn't hate it but it was just kind of meh to me, i've come to really enjoy it now though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Lament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: