Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life Empty
PostSubject: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 am

I was going to do a "favorite song from ..." poll for Resurrection Band's demo tape All Your Life, but quite frankly I didn't think anyone would respond to it. Even I would be forced to omit a selection, as I myself have never heard the tape. There is a great deal of controversy surrounding it; well, maybe just a little bit of controversy. OK, maybe no controversy at all, but definitely a whole lot of confusion!

First of all, there's the title: over at angelicwarlord.com it is known as All Your Days, while every other Internet mentioning of it that I can find, such as this Wikipedia article, call it All Your Life. It's no wonder angelicwarlord.com stands alone on this, since many people take what's on Wikipedia as gospel. I know I do!

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life Sarcasmalert

Next there's the release date: the gospel according to Wikipedia indicates that this one came first, in 1973, followed by Music to Raise the Dead in 1974, while angelicwarlord.com says they both came out in '74 but doesn't mention which one was first. Grrr Records, the band's official distributor, doesn't mention either of them, but that's no surprise since there's no money to be made from them.

Finally, there's the tracklist: angelicwarlord.com and Wikipedia both agree that the set list was made up of accoustic and folk-influenced songs, with the Wiki-god providing the following tracklist:

Side A

1 - "In the Beginning"
2 - "Psalm 61"
3 - "Because I Know Him"
4 - "Trust In Jesus"
5 - "Jesus Walked Upon the Water"

Side B

1 - "Connections"
2 - "Deep Inside My Heart"
3 - "Blue Waters"
4 - "All Your Life"

However, sites that offer the tracks for listen and/or download, such as grooveshark.com and music-bazaar.com, list the following song names:

1. There Will Be Fire
2. Free
3. Help Us
4. (Unknown)
5. Quite Enough
6. Ocean Of His Love
7. He Speaks To Me
8. Broken Promises

I've actually listened to these, and based on the lyrics those song name match the tracks provided. However, I came across another site, the URL for which I cannot remember at this time, on which the tracks were listed and a commentor declare "foul", stating these are some bootleg recordings that someone somewhere obtained way back whenever, perhaps even someone close to the band, and that the Wikipedia article actually has the correct listing. So, although one listen confirms the songs were obviously by Glenn, Wendi, and the others, since they are apparently not "the real McCoy" I chose to not set up a poll. Besides, if I did, which track names would I use!?

I have never found any official comment from Rez, Grrr, or even JPUSA that would help clear up this confusion. If anyone here happens to actually have the original All Your Life demo tape, I will trade you my first born son for it! Never mind that I only have daughters and I'm done having kids (can you say "snip snip"   What a Face ), but my point is that this tape sits high atop my holy grail list of recordings to obtain. In other words, "Me wants it!"

Here's an interesting and humourous tidbit I recently noticed: Whlie the Wikipedia article provides the first tracklist I provided above, the picture the article has indicates the second tracklist:

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life Wikiwrong

What!!?? Wikipedia is providing conflicting evidence!!?? Say it ain't so! Oh the horror!

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life Shock
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

Never heard these demos but the background is kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Never heard these songs at all, but I suspect I probably wouldn't dig them all that much since I wasn't a huge fan of the bands first few official albums either.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Maybe I'm not the only one, but I like Glenn Kaiser's CD more than the REZ band.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 pm

I'd like to hear it.  Except for the song "Armageddon Appetite", Rez doesn't have a bad song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

It's better than the ridiculous warbling Dale T does at the end of that one Bride CD. That one is one of those tracks that somehow does not get ripped from the CD to mp3 format! Armageddon appetite is at least cute.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'd like to hear it.  Except for the song "Armageddon Appetite", Rez doesn't have a bad song.

Your wish is my command:

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t5862-resurrection-band-music-to-raise-the-dead-dl#79121
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life   [Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Non-Poll] Favorite Resurrection Band Song - All Your Life
Page 1 of 1