Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End

Go down 
+2
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
6 posters

Midnight Son
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_lcap40%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Strongman
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Afrikanns
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_lcap40%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Skyline
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Paint a Picture
 0% [ 0 ]
Rainbow's End
 0% [ 0 ]
Concert For a Queen
 0% [ 0 ]
Sacrifice of Love
 0% [ 0 ]
Wolf Song
 0% [ 0 ]
Everytime It Rains
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:21 pm

John Madden was a great football player, coach, and analyst, but he had one annoying habit: every week he would declare some player "the best in the NFL." That's how I am with Resurrection Band albums ... each one is the best one!  bounce 

Rainbow's End still was not my first Rez album, but I think it might be the record that was played the most! There is not a bad tune on this release, from the opening salvo of Midnight Son ... "My eyes are in the sky, my head is turned around" ... to the drumbeats of the very ahead-of-its-time Afrikaans, one of two anti-Apartheid tunes put forth by Glenn and the gang ... to the soulful downpour of Evertime It Rains. I'm not sure I can pick a "best of" song for this record!

Released in 1979, Rainbow's End was far from Rez's hardest album. In fact, some might even argue that most of the songs don't qualify as "hard rock," at least not compared to the band's later works. But IMO it is perhaps the best and most versatile work.

My favorite is Mid ...no, Strong ... wait ... Arifk ... umm, Skyl ... no on no, Paint a .... arrrgggh, my head is exploding!

Ok Ok .... If I have to pick one I'll go with Everytime it Rains -- "Jesus you cried for me when I could weep no more; You died for me when I was dead in sin; You felt for me when I was numb inside; You searched for me and brought me home again."  And that sax solo closing out the last minute+ of the song ... Wow!

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Midnight Son, but you're right Everytime it Rains is great too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 pm

I will go with Midnight Son.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 pm

There are several fantastic songs on this album but my favorite would have to be Afrikaans. I was instantly impressed with that song while some of the others had to grow on me.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:55 am

great album.... truly is....  well if I have choose .... 

Midnight Son, Skyline, Wolfsong.....  Everytime it rains....  YIKES....

Midnight Son.... reminds me of old Black Sabbath...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Did voting already close? It won't let me vote.

Never mind.  I just saw the date of the poll. Fight
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Yea, it was set for seven days, as I thought that'd be enough. Unfortunately, polls can't be edited or deleted, at least by lowly users such as you and I. Perhaps a mod can lift the date limit?

As I do the rest of the Rez Band albums I won't be setting any date limits.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Nope, they won't even let mods/admins mess with the polls, best we could do is delete the thread and start over....not sure anyone want's to do that. When I create a poll I just leave it at the "never ending" default.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:13 pm

I can't seem to vote anymore, but "Concert For a Queen" would be my choice  Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Rainbow's End I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: