Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg

Go down 
+5
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
Xid
metaldude
BearDad
9 posters

Military Man
Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_lcap67%Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Gameroom
Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Wendi's Rap
Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Playground
Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Medley
 0% [ 0 ]
White Noise
 0% [ 0 ]
Quite Enough
 0% [ 0 ]
Area 312
Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_lcap16%Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Can't Stop Loving You
 0% [ 0 ]
Glenn's Rap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:37 am

For those folks that think I forgot this week, you are wrong. I remembered, but I've been so stinkin' busy that whenever I thought about it I decided didn't have the time so I'd do it later. And now you all know one of my greatest faults; I am a procrastinator extraordinaire! I swear that someday I am going to get a T-shirt with that printed on it!

Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg Whistling

In any case, later became much later, and now I am late getting the next poll done. So without further ado, here it is.

As this is a live album I had originally thought to skip it. After all, most of the songs would have been listed in previous polls. However, this record has a couple of new songs so I figured I might as well include it in our weekly polls. Besides, someone might like a song on this album that they didn't like so much on another one, or it might simply be preferred over the other current choices.

As I said, there were some new songs here, although one of them -- "Quite Enough" -- wasn't really new if you were lucky enough to have the 1974 demo Music To Raise the Dead. Interestingly enough, the other two -- "Gameroom" and "Playground" -- never appeared on any other Rez album. Usually when a band performs new, unreleased songs in their concerts they are for a soon-to-be-released album. The songs did play an important role on the album though, as they foreshadowed a shift in the band's musical direction. The year was 1984, and sadly it seems that even the venerable Resurrection Band was vulnerable to the influences of synth-rock!  affraid  "Gameroom" was still a good rocker, although I am pretty sure John Herrin was using electronic drums, but "Playground" is very much an 80's tune. And the shift in direction showed in the band's photos as well: on DMZ the band still looked like a 70's band, even though it was 1983 ...

Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg Rez1

... but on Bootleg they were definitely an 80's band ...

Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg Rez2

Another significant change with this album was the band's name; they were no longer Resurrection Band, having chosen to shorten their monikor to Rez Band. With all these changes going on it's a wonder I didn't bail on the band; however, I too was getting into 80's music (so much for that skeleton in the closet!  What a Face  ), so at the time I kind of dug the changes.

As for my favorite tune, back then I probably would have said "Gameroom" as I kind-of identified with the loner image portrayed by the lyrics. However, this time around I'll go with the song that will probably garner 80% or more of the votes: "Military Man". That song really rocked on the DMZ album and only got better live!

By the way, why was the album called Live Bootleg? The fact that the band recorded and produced the album clearly made it anything but a bootleg!  scratch
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:06 am

I'll go with Military Man. I think the main reason I have this album is that Christian rock selections were still pretty slim at that time. With that said, it is a quality live album.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:58 am

Military Man is still the fav though I liked Gameroom and Playground.  Bootleg was the first cassette I ever purchased.  I still have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:53 am

I can't participate in this one as I don't have this album. With very few exceptions I am typically not a fan of live albums. I didn't know this album contained two songs that were never released on studio albums, I will have to check 'em out.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I can't participate in this one as I don't have this album.  With very few exceptions I am typically not a fan of live albums.  I didn't know this album contained two songs that were never released on studio albums, I will have to check 'em out.

Here's the whole album. Now you can listen and vote! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3bwyhpgeENhO7sEO7ct5Otg9xWwYgQZx
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Military Man.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Whaddya know, mine too!   Razz
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm the lone voter for Game Room. I held the High Score for Centipede at the Crystal Beach Amusement Park Arcade so I identified with that song!
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Bass player John Denton had also shaved his beard.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Gameroom is a great song, too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Area 312 is amazing on this.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:21 am

I never owned this album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg   Favorite Rez Band Song - Live Bootleg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1