Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...

Go down 
+6
metaldude
Staybrite
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Redeemed Fool
BearDad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
Stark/Spare
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Elevator Musik
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Alienated
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_lcap14%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Can't Get You Outta My Mind
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Chair
Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_lcap43%Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Can't Do It On My Own
 14% [ 1 ]
First Degree Apathy
 14% [ 1 ]
Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
 0% [ 0 ]
The Crossing
 0% [ 0 ]
Little Children
 0% [ 0 ]
Lovin' You
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:06 am

Oh looky here, it's Monday and I forgot to do the latest Resurrection Band poll.  Let's take a look in my bag of excuses and see what I can find ...

Getting old? No, I've used that one.

Travelling? Nope; used that one too.

Traumatized by seeing two guys kiss during the NFL draft? Nah, better leave that one alone, as much as the whole event disgusts me!  Mad 

Just plain forgot? This one is probably the closest to the truth.  Embarassed 

Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore, Resurrection Band's fourth "official" release, is a great rocking album that takes off like a bullet and doesn't slow down until the fourth song. This album continued to show the band's ability to evolve with the times, leaving behind the 70's sound so obvious on their first two records and fully embracing the rock sound becoming popular in the 80's. That's not to say they abandoned their roots however, as there are one or two bluesy tunes as well, such as "The Crossing".

This album is another fine example of Resurrection Band's ability to deliver a full course meal rather than just a single helping. There are songs about social issues, like materialism ("Elevator MusiK"), how people treat paraplegics ("The Chair"), divorce from the kids' point of view (the title track), and the effects of racism on children ("Little Children"), as well as songs about spiritual struggles and evangelistic challenges; but don't just take my word for it ... read this excellent Wikipedia article to get the full review!

There is also a hint of what future albums will be like, with the synth-pop song "Lovin' You" ... definitely an 80's tune! Smile

This, my friends, is Resurrection Band's best album! Oh wait, I already said that about Colours, didn't I? OK, then it's there best one since ColoursWhat a Face  For my favorite tune I have to go with "Can't Do It On My Own." It's not a rocker, but it really voices how I often feel as I continue to make a mess of my life by trying to fix things by myself.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon May 12, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:44 am

The  Chair. Listen to that guitar crashing in on the 8th second and I'm hooked. And who has the guts back then to sing about being stuck in a wheelchair the way they tackled the subject. So many great songs though I find Loving You to sound more like something Servant would do.
Have this on order in LP format.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Elevator Muzak . . . programmed to free you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:21 pm

^Well I guess I better vote for that one too, per the Rez-Band-poll poll thread...   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Or quit being such a heathen and get you some Rez.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Hahahaha yeah, or that I suppose...   Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:49 pm

I went with The Chair also, it's just a fantastic song. I also really like Stark/Spare. This is just a great album all around, I really dig the guitar tone.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

Why do that when he can be a sheep? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Ok, it's soap box time. I have very deep, life changing ties to this album, so let me tell you about it...

I was about 14, maybe 15 years old and was being dragged around to every anti-rock seminar within driving distance of home (I'll spare you the nightmarish details of those things.).  My wonderful mother had decided to get the devil, and by that, I mean rock music, out of my life. We had been fighting this battle since I discovered Kiss at about age 9. I had started telling her, in my teenage years, that I loved the sound of loud guitars, I didn't really care what they sang about. Mom decided to put me to the test. She took me to a local Christian bookstore and explained what "we" were looking for. They proceded to give me stuff like Amy Grant, Carman, and some others I can't even remember.  After a while, this man,, his name was Chet, handed me a copy of Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore. I popped in the tape and the first thing I heard was "First Degree Apathy". I didn't know it then, but my life changed in that moment. Christian music was no longer boring. I didn't have to go to hell for my musical tastes, even though the seminars said so. 

I didn't actually become a Christian for a few more years, but from that moment on, I have been listening, and collecting,  Christian rock music. Another very big moment for me came in 1989. I went to see Rez, with Sacred Warrior,  on the Silence Screams tour. After the show, I got the opportunity to put that same cassette in Glen Kaiser's hand, and have it autographed.  Nobody but me, and God Himself,  will ever know what a moment that was for me.

So, I guess you could say, Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore is the reason I'm here talking to you folks today.

I will agree with the earlier posts about "The Chair". It is a very powerful and intense song. But I have to give my vote to "First Degree Apathy" for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Sadly, I haven't heard this album either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:07 pm

^ Dude! What on EARTH did you listen to during the 80's!?  Amy Grant!!?? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Scorpions, Crue, Ratt, Def Leppard etc.  The first Christian album that caught my attention was Rez's DMZ.  Then Stryper hit the scene and the floodgates opened up of hard rockin' goodness.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:16 am

BearDad wrote:
Absolutely not!!  That was what they tried to give me and call it rock. It wasn't until I heard Rez that I found Christian music that I liked. Then came Daniel Band, then Barnabas, then Barren Cross.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:28 am

metaldude wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Absolutely not!!  That was what they tried to give me and call it rock. It wasn't until I heard Rez that I found Christian music that I liked. Then came Daniel Band, then Barnabas, then Barren Cross.

Actually, my post was for Xid. Smile  He has responded to every single Resurrection Band poll with "I have not heard this one."  And actually, I did listen do Amy Grant; but I listen to everything.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:53 am

Oops
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:20 am

^No worries.  Unite the clans!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:33 am

Since we are chiming in, I didn't listen to any Christian hard rock or metal in the 80's except for Stryper , but then again I wasn't raised in a Christian family.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:01 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

Why do that when he can be a sheep? Twisted Evil

Wait, I don't get it... but because Jeff said so, I'll go with yes, sheep > heathen!

lol!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:31 am

I was in jr high school in 1981 and someone loaned this album to me because I loved AC/DC, Judas Priest, Rush, ect....   They kept telling me how great it was and they were just as good if not better then the above bands....  skeptical I was....  I wanted heavy metal...

Alienated has always been my favorite off this album period..... a good album a little too varied for me at the time.... and I just couldn't past Wendi's vocal.... but Glenn.... MY MAN! ..... 

solid Rez disc with bellow average production.... Chicago Recording Company if memory serves right... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:59 am

bounce  DMZ  bounce  DMZ  bounce  DMZ  bounce
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:22 am

Patience, one a week.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:09 am

Hmm... 

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... Contemplative

I think perhaps I'll skip next week's poll. 

What a Face
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:10 am

^^^^

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... Sarcasmalert
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:54 am

Fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...   Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Resurrection Band Song - Mommy Don't Love Daddy ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next