Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

What are you watching? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I watched the original Planet of the Apes.  I didn't realize it has an anti-religion slant to it. I guess, as a kid, all you see is monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm

metaldude wrote:
I watched the original Planet of the Apes.  I didn't realize it has an anti-religion slant to it. I guess, as a kid, all you see is monkeys.

IT'S A MADHOUSE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Seven Samurai

Marvel's Agents of Shield
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Luther

A film about the Reformation. Very scary to live in a time like that.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Tremors

Ah that was a family favorite!!!  Dang I haven't seen that movie for YEARS and was mad at my parents when they watched it again recently without me!   Evil or Very Mad   Haha so good.  Ah man, now I want to watch it...   Very Happy
Hey kerrick, just found out...they are doing a Tremors 5!

http://io9.com/tremors-5-is-happening-and-this-time-its-set-in-south-1647601495
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:48 pm

This is for Staybrite...do you remember the TV movie series for The Librarian? Just found out the series starts next month...The Librarians. If I had TNT I would so be there. I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD's.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:34 pm

I remember seeing the adds for "The Librairan" movie with Noah Wyle, but I never actually saw any of the movies (but I remember wanting to check them out).  The new series does look very cool, bonus that they actually got Noah back to star in it.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
I remember seeing the adds for "The Librairan" movie with Noah Wyle, but I never actually saw any of the movies (but I remember wanting to check them out).  The new series does look very cool, bonus that they actually got Noah back to star in it.
From what I understand about Noah, he is basically going to be doing cameos from time to time while he focuses a lot of his time with Falling Skies.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 am

Cameos are better than nothing. Glad he is remaining focused on Falling Skies, it's a fantastic show.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 am

Oh my... watched that Avengers preview and think I wet myself a little  Very Happy

I just love that they keep doing all the Marvel movies.. this is the era of great technology and the new movies blow away the old occasional ones they attempted years ago. I think it'd be cool to collect all the Marvel movies of this new era, then re-watch them all in the best order possible.

There's talk about the Civil War... which for me would be the Be-All End-all movie(s) for me. Of all graphic comics I've read in my life, The Civil War series was THE most amazing story they've written and I'd love to see it on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 am

Finally finished watching Avatar.

Really cool. Thought it'd be a little lame or cheesy, but I was quite impressed.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Watching "Walking Dead -Season One"...I'm four episodes in and I'm trying to figure out what all the fuss is about, it's an ok show (not horrible) but not all that amazing either.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:51 pm

I watched the entire first season and thought it was pretty mediocre as well.  It's a soap opera thinly veiled as a zombie show.  And whereas others before have done a good job of using the zombie setting as a study in humanity (28 Days Later, etc.), I felt this one just fell flat.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:11 pm

kerrick wrote:
I watched the entire first season and thought it was pretty mediocre as well.  It's a soap opera thinly veiled as a zombie show.  And whereas others before have done a good job of using the zombie setting as a study in humanity (28 Days Later, etc.), I felt this one just fell flat.

28 Days Later was absolutely fantastic!  I watched it not expecting to like it at all (I'm not a huge fan of horror/monster type films), but was greatly surprised with how good it was.  I've never seen the follow-up 28 Weeks Later, is it worth watching?

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Meh the sequel is ok.  The opening scene is really good and then the rest is just alright.  I later found out that the opening scene was directed by Danny Boyle (who did the first one) and then the rest was directed by some other guy, and it shows.  Also, they totally over-used that song from Days in Weeks which was annoying.  And they completely wasted the awesome acting talents of Robert Carlyle.  It's an ok rental but nowhere near as good as Days was.

Boyle also directed a movie called Sunshine that has Cillian Murphy (main guy from 28 Days Later) which is quite good too.  The plot is rather silly, but it's done very well.  I also like how it's a sci-fi at its core, though goes into a more horror style towards the end.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:23 pm

I'll probably skip 28 weeks, but might have a go at Sunshine if I can find it (especially since I dig scifi).

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah you won't be missing a whole ton...

I do recommend Sunshine.  It's not quite as amazing as 28 Days Later, but it's definitely an enjoyable film and very underrated IMO.

I'm not a big sci-fi fan but I do enjoy some here or there.  Have you seen Dark City?  That's one of my favorite sci-fi flicks.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 am

While catching up on a few movies I hadn't seen yet,I am having a Leslie Nielsen marathon...

Repossessed
Mr. Magoo
The Reluctant Astronaut
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 am

I feel the same about The Walking Dead - a while back I watched the first 3 episodes, and it just didn't grab me. Meh
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
Have you seen Dark City?  That's one of my favorite sci-fi flicks.

I thoroughly dig Dark City, i used to have it on DVD until I loaned it to someone...never to see it again.  Might have to repurchase that one.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:03 pm

The theatrical or unrated version?  The unrated version is much better (for once)!  The producers or whoever made Proyas butcher the original for theatrical release.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Interstellar

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 pm

kerrick wrote:
The theatrical or unrated version?  The unrated version is much better (for once)!  The producers or whoever made Proyas butcher the original for theatrical release.

Not certain but I am willing to bet it was probably the original theatrical release as it looks like the directors cut for sale at Amazon has a completely different cover than the version I had.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Not certain but I am willing to bet it was probably the original theatrical release as it looks like the directors cut for sale at Amazon has a completely different cover than the version I had.

Yeah it was probably the theatrical version then.  Apparently the voice-over in the beginning that basically gives the plot away was forced to be thrown in last minute because the producers or whoever didn't think the audience would be smart enough...  :/  So that was taken out in the director's cut.  There are some added scenes that give you a little more insight into the characters and such too.  It's worth watching for sure.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Big Hero 6

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next