Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Dumb And Dumber To
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

How are Big Hero 6 and Dumb and Dumber To? Been thinking about going to see them.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Haven't seen BH6 but I've heard it's good.  Dumb And Dumber To was ok.  It was actually better than I thought it'd be (which was deplorable haha).  The original is one of my all-time favorite movies ever and in comparison the sequel fell flat.  However, I did laugh consistently throughout.  There were no gut-busting so-hilarious-you're-crying moments that the original did so well but it did have me chuckling to myself throughout the duration of the movie.  If you love the first one, I'd recommend it though don't go in expecting much and you might enjoy yourself.  But if you're not a die-hard D&D fan, I'd say probably skip it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:27 pm

I'm sort of a Jim Carrey fan, but I've never seen D&D.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? EEEEEEEEHHHHEHEHHH"
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:59 pm

WHAT?  Oh dude, you gotta watch the original!  It is one of the only movies that I can watch time and time and time again and STILL laugh so hard that tears come from my eyes!

HOWEVER, watch the theatrical PG-13 version NOT the unrated version.  They added some scenes to the unrated that aren't funny and only take away from the rest of the movie.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:15 pm

I doubt I'd be able to stand D&D "humor". Have no plans to ever see either.

We enjoyed BH6. The storyline is pretty good but there are some cheesy or over the top parts. I'd definitely see it again.

Interstellar was a beautiful film but pacing was annoyingly slow at times (similar to Gravity).

metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:13 am

I saw The Legend of Hercules last weekend. Does anyone know if the Hercules with Dwayne Johnson is a continuation or a retelling?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:08 pm

metaldude wrote:
I saw The Legend of Hercules last weekend. Does anyone know if the Hercules with Dwayne Johnson is a continuation or a retelling?

The Legend of Hercules 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043726/ wrote:
In Ancient Greece 1200 B.C., a queen succumbs to the lust of Zeus to bear a son promised to overthrow the tyrannical rule of the king and restore peace to a land in hardship. But this prince, Hercules, knows nothing of his real identity or his destiny. He desires only one thing: the love of Hebe, Princess of Crete, who has been promised to his own brother. When Hercules learns of his greater purpose, he must choose: to flee with his true love or to fulfill his destiny and become the true hero of his time.

Hercules 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267297/ wrote:
Fourteen hundred years BCE, a tormented soul walked the earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules was the powerful son of the god king Zeus, for this he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labours and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and women never question where they go to fight or why or whom, just how much they will be paid. Now the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. It is time for this bunch of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen when they must train an army to become as ruthless and blood thirsty as their reputation has become.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Sounds like the two disagree with each other. Should be interesting seeing both within a week of each other.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 am

Well they finally made another sequel to Jurassic Park...and the park is finally open.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 pm

^Looks like it'll be a fun movie, though the special effects look super cheesy...  The original had better effects IMO.

Last night I watched the majority of The Godfather with my parents.  I haven't seen that one since high school!  Great flick.  We'll probably finish it tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Mockingjay Part 1

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:25 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Looks like it'll be a fun movie, though the special effects look super cheesy...  The original had better effects IMO.

Last night I watched the majority of The Godfather with my parents.  I haven't seen that one since high school!  Great flick.  We'll probably finish it tomorrow evening.
Just remember, the movie doesn't come out til next June. So they have some time to do some more work on the FX.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Let's hope so!  The majority of that movie looked CG.  I dunno, I wish movies would go back to the *actual* special effects...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:11 am

In the past few days, I have watched:

Mockingjay Part 1  (best one of the movies thus far)

Redeemed (PureFlix movie that I would highly recommend for all married people)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:09 am

Been watching Sliders season one.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 am

Staybrite wrote:
That was a good one for the first 2 or 3 seasons. After that, it went down hill.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
That was a good one for the first 2 or 3 seasons. After that, it went down hill.

I have seen the first 2 or 3 seasons already....but it was back when they were new, in the mid 90's.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:42 pm

The Book of Eli
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Book of Eli

Not a bad one as far as post-apocalyptic films go.

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:57 pm

The kids are wearing me out with Christmas movies. We've already seen all three Home Alone movies, Polar Express, A Christmas Carol (Disney) and Charlie Brown Christmas (Snoopy rocks!). I'm about ready for a blow 'em up movie. Hey, Die Hard is set at Christmas, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:08 pm

1 & 2 are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 11:50 am

metaldude wrote:
The kids are wearing me out with Christmas movies. We've already seen all three Home Alone movies, Polar Express, A Christmas Carol (Disney) and Charlie Brown Christmas (Snoopy rocks!). I'm about ready for a blow 'em up movie. Hey, Die Hard is set at Christmas, isn't it?
What? They haven't watched The Santa Clause trilogy yet? Did you know there were 4 Home Alone films?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone_4

Also,remember, Lethal Weapon was was set at Christmas.Plus Batman Returns.

Oh,wait,I take that back...there were 5 Home Alone's...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone:_The_Holiday_Heist
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:10 pm

I finally saw "The Polar Express" for the first time this week.  I was expecting far more.  If it weren't for the scenes made for the 3-D version, this movie could have been cut down to about 45 minutes.  The main story wasn't bad, but you definitely can tell that Tom Hanks did almost all of the adult voices for this film.  That takes away from an already weak story to me.  Sadly, I probably won't watch this again as I just didn't enjoy it.  My special needs kids at school liked it though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I finally saw "The Polar Express" for the first time this week.  I was expecting far more.  If it weren't for the scenes made for the 3-D version, this movie could have been cut down to about 45 minutes.  The main story wasn't bad, but you definitely can tell that Tom Hanks did almost all of the adult voices for this film.  That takes away from an already weak story to me.  Sadly, I probably won't watch this again as I just didn't enjoy it.  My special needs kids at school liked it though.

My kids loved it when they first watched it, but I was a bit let down by it as well.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next