Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:12 am

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Warehouse 13 - Season 4
What happened to this show it used to be so cool, now it just seems kind of "old-hat"?

Have you seen any of season 5 yet? Normally I watch it at Hulu but according to the site they do not have the rights to show it free. In order to view them we would need to log into our TV provider. I don't even get TV thru cable ,satellite or otherwise. If it doesn't get taken care of,I may have tol wait til it comes out on DVD.

I haven't seen any of season 5 yet, I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD...hoping it is more entertaining than season 4 was.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Top Gear… starting at Season 6, one episode a day.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Just got these on Blu-Ray in the mail with my copy of Michael Sweet's new disc,so I'll be watching them over the next 2 or 3 days...

Godzilla vs. Hedorah
Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster (Ebirah)
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Godzilla and Mothra
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla
Godzilla vs. Destroyah
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Just finished watching Castle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:37 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

How was it?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:09 am

The Croods  Laughing 

Also, of course, 24 !!!!  Yeeeahhhh !!!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Hardkore wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

How was it?

It was decent, but I just don't like the characters as much in this series.  I still miss Tobey MacGuire and the rest of the cast from the previous trilogy.

In this one, there are too many villians and they just don't seem that believable to me.  The way they become villians is just too haphazard and they just don't feel all that evil to me.  Also, the battle to stop them for Spidey just doesn't seem all that difficult.  They dang near killed him every time in the previous series.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Also, of course, 24 !!!!  Yeeeahhhh !!!!!

My wife and daughter are watching season 1 together and I have been catching a couple of episodes myself. What is funny is it was my oldest son who asked if we could watch it (and my daughter said she wasn't interested). After about 3 episodes my son said he was done and didn't care to watch anymore but my daughter is hooked and gets upset when I make her turn it off.  Laughing 

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:06 pm

I started The Following, but episode 3 buried it for me. I get that it's about a serial killer and his cult-like following, but I think it just glorifies death too much. There's too much emphasis and the pure joy and fascination these people feel at watching someone die. Besides, the two dudes kissing was too much. If I find myself turning away from a show because it disgusts me I turn it off completely. 

So, time to find a nice, clean 70's show!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Being the "parody" "satire" lover that I am... I just watched "The Starving Games".
Quite hilarious ! A bit crude in places, aside from those moments, this satire is freakin great... so stupid, it's funny.
Reminds me of the way the writers did "Airplane"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Being the "parody" "satire" lover that I am... I just watched "The Starving Games".
Quite hilarious ! A bit crude in places, aside from those moments, this satire is freakin great... so stupid, it's funny.
Reminds me of the way the writers did "Airplane"

Is it a Wayans Brothers film?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Been watching the old t.v. series Freaks & Geeks.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:10 am

Been watching Leverage on Netflix. I completely underestimated how much I would like it.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Currently catching up on some missed episodes of Fringe on Netflix
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Fringe was a good show. It's a shame they cancelled when they did. At least they allowed the show to have an ending.

Godzilla (2014)  Thumbs Up
Stargate Atlantis season 2
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:02 pm

There's talk of a Fringe movie. I hope it happens would be cool but movies are never as good as the tv series.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:33 pm

I did something yesterday I have never done before.  I watched 5 movies in one day (ok, so I didn't finish the last one until almost 1am.....so technically it wasn't all in one day).

Machete Kills (meh, the first one was better)
Monsters (total snooze-fest)
Hot Fuzz (not too bad)
The Day - 2011 (my kind of post apocalyptic fun)
Hansel & Gretal (not too bad, funny...but I don't think it was supposed to be)

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:42 pm

You didn't like Monsters?  I really liked that one.

I LOVE Hot Fuzz though!  Ah so good.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:27 am

Alien 3

BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:44 am

Finally got through season 1 of Dr. Who.  After the first three or four cheesy episodes the show got a little better.  Season 2 has a different actor playing The Doctor, and he seems a bit more likable than the other one, so hopefully this season will be better.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon May 19, 2014 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:28 am

kerrick wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of monster movies, but this one seemed to be rather sub-par when compared to more recent monster movies like say "Cloverfield".  I thought the acting was a little less than inspired, and there weren't enough monsters or even believable suspense....almost like they didn't have enough budget for the special effects.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:31 am

They definitely didn't have the budget for big monsters, but I think that's part of what made it successful in my opinion.  The acting was decent enough I thought and while it may have been mis-named, the story always was about the characters which I found engaging and interesting.  Not something I'm gonna come back to over and over again to watch, but I thought for what it was, it was pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:34 pm

kerrick wrote:
...  The acting was decent enough ....

Well, in all fairness to most monster movies (and slasher films too), acting ability isn't typically a high standard so....point made.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 8:04 am

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of monster movies, but this one seemed to be rather sub-par when compared to more recent monster movies like say "Cloverfield".  I thought the acting was a little less than inspired, and there weren't enough monsters or even believable suspense....almost like they didn't have enough budget for the special effects.

Cloverfield was basically an action movie whereas Monsters was basically a drama. You can't really compare the two.

They,or maybe I should say he (the director),didn't really have much of a budget for it. The budget was only $500,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_%282010_film%29

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=monsters2010.htm

The movie did so well and they (Toho) liked it so much,that he was hired by Legendary Pictures to do Godzilla.

Now that he had a budget for Godzilla,he took the human drama and added more monsters to it.

BTW,Godzilla had a budget of $160M and in the first weekend has already done $196M. Now ,they are already working on the sequel.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/godzilla-2-sequel-warner-bros-legendary-gareth-edwards/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next