Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+7
Xid
Fundy
topshot rhit
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? Empty
PostSubject: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2023 10:51 am

I finished up Marvel's Secret Invasion.  It was okay.  All it did was set up a future Avengers movie that a better script on the big screen may have done better.  It was good to see Nick Fury again, but the whole show, even the few action scenes, just seem to plod along.  Marvel has GOT to get better again or they are going to lost a lot more money.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I finished up Marvel's Secret Invasion.  It was okay.  All it did was set up a future Avengers movie that a better script on the big screen may have done better.  It was good to see Nick Fury again, but the whole show, even the few action scenes, just seem to plod along.  Marvel has GOT to get better again or they are going to lost a lot more money.

Seems like Disney is ruining just about everything it touches now.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 9:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Seems like Disney is ruining just about everything it touches now.

Yep!

Today, I watched The Marvels.  Disney/Marvel is definitely not at their A game anymore.  Can Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Kahn) be any more annoying?  Do I really need Brie Larson to sing?  This one was just a lot of silly strewn together.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 am

Watching a serie over 3 big rivers. The Yukon USA, Donau Europe, Zambezi Africa.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 11:02 am

A classic, The Bishop’s Wife. Last night we watched Family Man with Nicolas Cage. It’s a good movie. It isn’t a Christmas movie but takes place at the holidays. He is a Wall Street Exec that gives him a glimpse of what life would be like had he stayed with his college girlfriend. The experience makes him a better human. 

We also enjoy that movie because it was an exciting time in our lives. We originally saw it in the theater. The next day my wife found out she was pregnant with our oldest daughter who is now 22! So it always reminds us of that special time and reminds us of the sacrifices we have made over the years to be a family. Good movie.

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:25 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
A classic, The Bishop’s Wife. Last night we watched Family Man with Nicolas Cage. It’s a good movie. It isn’t a Christmas movie but takes place at the holidays. He is a Wall Street Exec that gives him a glimpse of what life would be like had he stayed with his college girlfriend. The experience makes him a better human. 

We also enjoy that movie because it was an exciting time in our lives. We originally saw it in the theater. The next day my wife found out she was pregnant with our oldest daughter who is now 22! So it always reminds us of that special time and reminds us of the sacrifices we have made over the years to be a family. Good movie.

Family Man is a great film.  I love the way they did the whole "what if" portion of the story.  Tea Leone and Cage just personified suburban parents in that flick (I could really relate to them).

MikeInFla and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 5:22 pm

The wife made me go to the movie theater for my birthday.  We ended up watching
The Hunger Games: Birds and Snakes & Tigers (Oh my!) or whatever it is called (ridiculously long name).
Quite franking I expected the movie to stink.  I'm not a big fan of that Zegler actress that had one of the major lead roles (at least not her social politics), but I was pleasantly surprised.  With the exception of a few minor irritations (like the 2-1/2 hour length) it was a pretty decent flick.  We also got to go (for the first time) to a new theater much closer to where we live and it was quite nice actually.  Large leather-style recliners with a dedicated cup-holder and tray table.  Also more space in front of the rows so people can pass by without causing you to have to stand up from your seat.  The place also has quite a few arcade games and bowling alley and something called "glow golf" (some kind of indoor putt-putt golf thingy).

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 9:10 pm

How the West Was Won (1962)

Topaz (1969)

Hunger Games - I enjoyed it as much as the original series though kind of got lost with what exactly happened just before the end.

Devotion - great movie based on true story during start of Korean War

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 3:27 pm

Citizen X (1995) - Interesting flick about a serial killer in communist Russia in the 1980's.  Interesting look to the film.  The film's style and some of the stilted acting (or possibly editing/directing) made it seem like it was made in the 1970's.  Decent film worth watching at least once, and based on a true story.  Starring Stephen Rea (Irish actor who's biggest role was probably in the film "The Crying Game") and Donald Sutherland.  Max Von Sydow also has a small part. Long-time character actor Jeffery DeMunn was really good as the serial killer as well, some of you might remember him as Harry, one of the guards on the movie "The Green Mile".

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2023 8:26 am

Our yearly watch of A Christmas Story. Up next will be A Christmas Story Christmas (with the original cast).

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Lady Ballers (2023) This is apparently the first feature length film that the conservative news/entertainment organization The Daily Wire has filmed completely in-house.  They do have at least 3 other scripted films and several documentaries that were previously released (only two of which I've seen).  This comedy flick relied heavily on their staff for the acting talent and it shows.  Sadly most of the acting is not stellar, however it is a comedy and most comedy films are not known for stellar acting.  The message is kind of heavy handed, but no more so than the gay and trans stuff shoe-horned into modern Disney films (or pretty much all of Hollywood recently).  The comedy is quite juvenile, but I think it's supposed to be.  Not typically the kind of movie I enjoy.  I will say it had a fun ending.  Riley Gaines, Ted Cruz & Jordan Peterson all make short cameos (but Ted is the only one with a speaking part)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 8:22 am

The Gringe.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 7:05 pm

Wonka (2023) - I was actually surprised to like this one.  I'm overwhelmingly happy that Disney had little (or no) influence on this movie because we are not overburdened with a massively racial and culturally diverse cast which wouldn't have matched the period and location for the film.  While I'm almost certain this wasn't based on a Roald Dahl book (like the first two Wonka/Charlie films were) it still carries the odd & quirky magical flare of those previous films.  It is a musical, however the songs seem to fit incredibly well in the movie and do not dominate over the dialogue and acting.  A fun film that seems to ignore most of the political nonsense that hampers modern movies.  Certainly worth watching!

Fundy and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:05 am

Loved Wonka, great film and fits in well to the Wonka world!

Pros
Cast, especially Wonka who was absolutely superb
Songs, they fit in really well to the whole film
Filming and sets, beautifullly shot

Cons
Story was good, but not great
The castle at the end, just didn't feel like how the factory should be

Also saw Godzilla Minus One, and if anyone likes those sorts of movies (I generally think they're okay, but nothing amazing) then you need to see this.  It's by far the best Godzilla movie ever made, as it's story based, dealing with peoples lives, and Godzilla is just part of the story.  Normally it's all about the monster, but this film is different, and compelling.
Has to be noted that the new Godzilla X Kong movie cost $200 million to make, whilst Minus One cost $15 million, and looks incredbile.  Why do those big movies need to waste so much money!  If $15 million makes Minus One, then that's all you need!

Pros
Excellent story
Great actors
Such a small budget, but such an amazing experience.  How did they do it for such a small amount
Godzilla destroying places was really well done.

Cons
None really, maybe the kid crying a second time was a bit annoying (okay, so I'm clutching at straws there)
The ending was a bit average, but still cool.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Fundy wrote:
Loved Wonka, great film and fits in well to the Wonka world!

Pros
Cast, especially Wonka who was absolutely superb
Songs, they fit in really well to the whole film
Filming and sets, beautifullly shot

Cons
Story was good, but not great
The castle at the end, just didn't feel like how the factory should be

I think I can see where you are coming from with your "cons"  concerning the movie.  But I would count that as minor myself.  Mostly because I think my standards have dropped a lot in the last 5-10 years.  If I'm entertained and not assaulted with a bunch of political/social warrior kind of nonsense I consider myself highly fortunate!
lol!

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 3:17 pm

I've been seriously sick since Friday (I have the flu, not covid) and have been laying about watching some old movies on the free streaming site TUBI (sorry, not sure if it's available in Europe or Canada).

RoboCop (1987) and classic 80's popcorn flick, full of senseless violence and questionable acting!
RoboCop 2 (1990) seemed like the same plot from the first film.  Certainly not essential watching but fun anyway!
Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery (1997) funny but absolutely loaded with inappropriate sexual innuendo.  I had totally forgotten that Carrie Fisher had a cameo in this one.
Maximum Overdrive (1986)  Two big name actors (and several "also rans") star in a second-rate budget horror flick where semi-trucks and other machines take over the word and try to destroy the human race.  Probably a cult classic.  I'm pretty sure this is the only film that Stephen King actually directed and I can see why nobody let him do it again! Still a fun watch every 20 years or so.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 pm

After a terrible attempted work day (where I got almost nothing done) I finally surrendered at around 8pm and flopped myself on the couch to watch

RoboCop 3 (1993)  It's true that this sequel does not include star Peter Weller (as RoboCop/Murphy) from the first two films.  I think this movie is actually a bet better than RoboCop2.  The people of Detroit finally ban together to take down the evil OCP corporation that has been ruining their city.

I know there was a RoboCop reboot in 2014 that IMHO just didn't seem translate well into the modern movie experience.  I might rewatch it, not sure yet.  I just remember being really disappointed by it.

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 8:52 pm

The Jesus Music. I enjoyed this documentary of sorts. I wonder if it was pure coincidence that it came out about the same time as Jesus Revolution, which shared some of the same beginnings.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2023 3:27 am

If you're still not well, and it's available, see Hypnotic.

It was made this year, and got some bad reviews (and probably lost alot of money).

But, I enjoyed it.  It was too short, that's for sure, however the story was enjoyable, and I thought it was much better than most folks said.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 6:36 pm

Over the last few days:

Season 2 of The Santa Clauses
Rebel Moon
Dune Pt. 1
Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 1:13 pm

This morning:

Blue Beetle

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 1:43 pm

The Great British Baking Show

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 1:05 pm

Rebel Moon (2023) actually better than I expected.  Looking forward to the next installment.

Barbie (2023)  Wife made me watch this and we were both pretty disappointed with it.

Chonda Pierce: Laughing in the Dark (2015) At times funny and at times a very sad documentary about Chonda and her family relationships. (another pick from Mrs Staybrite.... this was a much better watch than that Barbie fiasco).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 2:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Rebel Moon (2023) actually better than I expected.  Looking forward to the next installment.

Barbie (2023)  Wife made me watch this and we were both pretty disappointed with it.

Chonda Pierce: Laughing in the Dark (2015) At times funny and at times a very sad documentary about Chonda and her family relationships. (another pick from Mrs Staybrite.... this was a much better watch than that Barbie fiasco).

Rebel Moon needed a bit more character development.  You never really feel anything for the herione or her comrads.  The cast was almost too big to develop any real backstories.  Overall, though, I liked it!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 2:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Rebel Moon needed a bit more character development.  You never really feel anything for the herione or her comrads.  The cast was almost too big to develop any real backstories.  Overall, though, I liked it!

Oh yeah, the character development could have been much better.  For some reason I just expect that in most movies now.  It seems like it begs to be a 6-8 episode (one hour each) series.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next