Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+7
Xid
Fundy
topshot rhit
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 5:38 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Our yearly watch of A Christmas Story. Up next will be A Christmas Story Christmas (with the original cast).

I love both of those!

I just wish they could have gotten the actress that played Ralphie's mom to come back for one last film.  That would have been amazing!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 6:13 pm

National Treasure 2

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Our yearly watch of A Christmas Story. Up next will be A Christmas Story Christmas (with the original cast).

I love both of those!

I just wish they could have gotten the actress that played Ralphie's mom to come back for one last film.  That would have been amazing!
Me too! They asked Melinda Dillon to reprise the roll but she declined. She died a few months after it was released and was apparently in bad health. But overall a great movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 12:25 pm

The Quiet Place (2018)
The Quiet Place II (2021)

The first film was actually pretty darned good IMO.  I'm not big on "horror" but this was more of a monster movie (at least in my estimation).  Well written, well acted and an engaging story.  I thought the second film wasn't too bad, but a bit formulaic and very predictable (have none of these characters ever even seen a monster movie?)  Not a lot of profanity (at least that I remember) and I think zero nudity or sexual stupidity (which was greatly appreciated).

Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 9:39 am

Since my knee popped last Friday I stayed home and did some watching while using the ice packs.

Dances with wolves (4hour extended version)
Doctor Zhivago
Titanic
Independence Day
Lea Miserables
Star Trek TOS season 2

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 2:54 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Since my knee popped last Friday I stayed home and did some watching while using the ice packs.

Doctor Zhivago
Titanic
Independence Day
Lea Miserables
Star Trek TOS season 2

Which version of Les Miserables did you watch?  I'm assuming one of the modern movie versions (not the television series or live production).
I wasn't a big fan of the musical version with Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe and Ann Hathaway (2012).
But I did quite enjoy the Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush & Uma Thurman version from 1998.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 7:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Doctor Zhivago
Titanic
Independence Day
Lea Miserables
Star Trek TOS season 2

Which version of Les Miserables did you watch?  I'm assuming one of the modern movie versions (not the television series or live production).
I wasn't a big fan of the musical version with Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe and Ann Hathaway (2012).
But I did quite enjoy the Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush & Uma Thurman version from 1998.
I think I have seen the 98 version, but can’t be sure. I have the 2012 one on Blu ray. I like it mainly for the production level in it. The singing is really subpar. These people are actors, not professional singers. The should have at least taken lessons from Ken Tamplin before getting involved.

I do also have the Live from Queens Theater in London production on Blu. That is a lot better as far as vocals.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 11:29 am

I finished off the Halo series.  I never played the game, so I loved the show!  I can't wait for season two.

I also finished season three of Star Trek: Discovery.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Today I binged all five episodes of Echo--the newest Marvel show.  The character was introduced as an assassin in Hawkeye.  This show takes her from being a killer for Wilson Fisk to being a hero.  There are many actions scenes and good character development.  You even get one fight scene with Daredevil from the Netflix shows.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 10:12 pm

Byzantium.  Vampire flick starring Saorse Ronan and Gemma Arterton.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 11:36 am

Since I have been home due to school closure, I have watched:

Reacher season 2
The Chosen season 1

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Byzantium.  Vampire flick starring Saorse Ronan and Gemma Arterton.

I remember watching that a few months back.  I thought it was a rather interesting take one the Vampire lore.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 2:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Since I have been home due to school closure, I have watched:

Reacher season 2
The Chosen season 1

I need to get started on season 2 of Reacher.  I was really impressed with the first season (minus the forced sex scene).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 pm

Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget (2023)  Twenty Three years later and the claymation sequel to 2020's Chicken Run finally sees the light of day.  Maybe they should of kept it in the dark.  I really liked the original Chicken Run, but this sequel seemed kind of uninspired.  For some reason pretty much all the voice-over actors have been replaced (with the exception of Miranda Richardson).  Was kind of bummed not to hear Mel Gibson voice the rooster Rocky in this sequel.  Maybe he smartly backed out after seeing the script.

Arkansas (2020) Kind of odd and quirky take on organized drug crime in the Southern U.S.  Not a lot of nudity (at least that I remember) but quite a bit of profanity and some violence.  Almost more of a character study than an crime drama. Not too bad.  Vince Vaughn makes a good bad guy and Malkovich plays a quirky park-ranger drug-dealing middle man, but most of the other actors are really kind of forgettable (including Liam Hemsworth who is supposed to be the lead).

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 5:59 pm

Found Spider-Man No Way Home on BRay at the library so I checked it out and will watch tomorrow. It isn’t available for free on my streaming service.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 3:04 pm

Bird On A Wire (1990) Comedy chase/caper type film staring Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn.  Both were box office draws in the 80's.... this was not a great film for either of them.  Not even a good movie by 80's/early 90's standards.

Mayhem (2017) starring Steven Yeun of "The Walking Dead" fame.  An interesting modern corporate climbing dog eat dog, back stabbing culture kind of flick with a temporary zombie virus twist.  A bit silly and kind of over the top.  But not bad for an indie flick (now on Tubi).  Lots of violence, profanity and some sexual dumbness (so be ware)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 6:59 am

I'm watching Grand Designs

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 9:03 am

Room for One More (1952) pretty enjoyable and funny

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Love those old classics
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 7:25 pm

Watched "MIC DROP: The Culture Of Christian Hip Hop"
'twas ok, I give it a 6 out of 10. Too much modern stuff thrown in between the interesting parts.

Also watched the Trenches of Rock documentary again. Good stuff!

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 9:44 am

Transporter: the TV series seasons 1 & 2
Basically the show is pretty good. The ugly part is it got canceled after 2 seasons and ends with a major cliffhanger.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:45 pm

I don't think I've watched anything memorable in the last week.  But my wife is watching that series "The Chosen" and is trying to convince me to watch it.  I know several people here have seen it.  What did you think?  I'm always a little leery of Gospel based series/movies due the high potential for heresy or too much weird extra-biblical content.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 3:09 pm

I started to watch it, but haven't got passed the first couple of episodes.  People have said the first few are a bit slow then it's gripping.  I need to try and get back in to it!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 9:14 am

My whole family has always been a fan of Monk. We blazed thru the whole series and a few months ago our daughters started watching it again. Well, while browsing around on YouTube I saw a preview for a new Monk movie! None of us had any idea it existed. It’s only on Peacock so I signed up for a month and we watched it last night. The entire family enjoyed it. If you like Monk, you will want to see it. It’s like an extended typical Monk episode and it’s almost as if they are setting it up for the series to return. I hope it does, have always loved Adrian Monk!

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 12:22 pm

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next