Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper -the Second Coming

Go down 
+12
Driven
Dynamis
unworthy
ishmael81
MikeInFla
Hardkore
IM4given
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:51 am

OK, I got a copy and as I'm listening to it right now, I'm REALLY diggin' it. One of the reasons is cuz it's so neat to hear these old guys rockin' JUST as good if not better than their hayday of the 80s. I guess I was expecting a little less passion, a little bit of lethargy - BOY WAS I WRONG ! The songs are tight, on key and I really think they do sound better ! It's also a neat trip down memory lane.

Da boyz still got it !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 am

The boys still have it, but Michael's voice is showing some age now. His voice is a lot thicker sounding.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:26 am

I can't believe it took me this long for the album title to make sense to me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
For a ballad, they should have done "Honestly".

They already did. Click HERE.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Reading all what you have posted about "The Second Coming" I might change my plan not to buy this CD.
I understood this CD is it realy worth to buy.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
I don't know why… but today, I had the idea that Stryper could do a cool cover of Saint - The Blade. Probably not, really, but what if? Razz

Or you know, with Guardian back together and in the studio again, they could do a follow up to The Yellow and Black is Back and call it The Second Coming ... Again.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The boys still have it, but Michael's voice is showing some age now. His voice is a lot thicker sounding.

I read in an interview that that vocal change was deliberate. He didn't care for the light, high sound and wanted it to sound more "manly."
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I read in an interview that that vocal change was deliberate. He didn't care for the light, high sound and wanted it to sound more "manly."

That explains why they cut off the final "Your....fiiiiirrrrst....love" off the end of that song. It sounded pretty girly back in the day, but the song feels incomplete or unfinished without it. I wished he'd found a manly way to still provide that tag at the end.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

I liked the new songs, and definitely appreciated the better production on the classics. But most of the songs sound so much like the orginals that it feels like a greatest hits record.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 am

After giving this a listen multiple times I can now say this is my favorite stryper album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper -the Second Coming
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4