Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper -the Second Coming

Go down 
+12
Driven
Dynamis
unworthy
ishmael81
MikeInFla
Hardkore
IM4given
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am

Hardkore wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Just to let you know,they are currently on the same label that released MBP on vinyl.

Ok, NOW I'm getting excited Twisted Evil!!!! Think I'll wait a while and see if a vinyl pops up for this album....

OK, I have been seeing some pre-order pages all over for the 2 disc vinyl release. Average price is about $30.

Yes,you read that right... 2 discs.

I recently went ahead and pre-ordered the vinyl thru Barnes & Noble to be sure I would get it. I originally waited on Reborn but then it was sold out. I didn't think I would ever be able to find one cheap but finally did. I also jumped on MBP when it was first released before it was gone . I saw someone trying to sell one (MBP)for about $200.

why don't they print more of these kind of LPs since there is obvious demand? ... people selling them for outrageous prices doesn't give the company more money but if they printed another 100 or so they could probably sell 'em...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Hard to say for sure. These are however labeled as Limited Editions or simply collectors items.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:00 am

There is SOME demand, but it is getting less and less every year. I doubt most households even own a record player anymore. I haven't had one in about 13 years and had stopped using it years prior.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Quote :
There is SOME demand, but it is getting less and less every year. I doubt most households even own a record player anymore

Whoa brother..Actually according to the official Nilson reports as well as official sales reports vinyl set a 20 year record over the last year with a 17% gain in sales in 2012 and a 39% jump in the first 2 months of 2013. A whopping 4 million new press records were sold in 2012 with an estimated 150 million used records changing hand in the first 2 months of 2013. It is expected that record sales could equal cd sales by the end of 2013. Best buy also reports that in 2012 they sold more turntables than component cd players. Also company's like Crowley electronics, who manufacturer old style stereos reports that stereos with turntables set an all time company record last year, Also of note the price of used records is jumping. Even used cassette sales is on the rise and used cassette prices is going up. Digital download leads the way though with 70% of total sales last year. According to record industry insiders cd's will likely go out of print in the next 8 years while records and digital downloads is expected to increase.
Personally I have noticed turntables by the number for sale at all my local record stores, best buy, target, walmart and several local appliance stores. I have a fantastic stereo system with an expensive turntable, dual cassette, and a 300 watt receiver/amp. I own about 1000 records, 400 cd's and around 250 cassettes and enjoy the records the most. I am also starting to do alot of digital downloads for music on the go.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Only 4 million? That's a paltry drop in the bucket compared to the 70 percent of sales as digital downloads nowadays. Even the CD sells more than vinyl records. It's a niche market of mostly older folks like ourselves that are asking for the vinyl. Most teens that I know either buy from iTunes or just plain steal their music. A few still buy CDs, but then they either give the disc away or throw it in the trash. After they rip it to MP3, it's worthless.

Your Best Buy has turntables? Not around here. Without going into a specialty shop, you just won't find that in Nashville. You can walk into the few remaining used music stores and they carry CDs. Tapes are usually 3 for $5. Vinyl records are usually around the $1-$3 because very few people except for the snootiest audiophile want them other than to frame and hang on the wall.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 pm

wow...I wish I could find some cool vinyl for $1 to $3. Around here its around $8 to $10 for used pieces and $20 to $ 50 for new records. Picture disc are more in the $50 to $100 range. The majority of people buying them are 21 to 45 years old. Cassettes Used go for $5 to $7 apiece and sealed ones are $12 to $15 apiece. Check out what they get for them on ebay sometime. Outrageous...but thats the nature of the game. Records are worth what people will pay for them. I would give up to $20 for a record I really wanted and maybe up to $40 for a boxset. Cassettes...not over $5 for anything. I have given as much as $100 for a cd before. Dropping $125 a week every week is not out of my budget and I enjoy it. I may buy the new second coming cd by stryper on cd and vinyl both. The best buy in my city sells and stocks 12 different models of Turntables. (check out their website and be amazed) Hastings here has 4 different models and target offers 3 different models here. We are a college city that has alot of west coast influence and the college kids love the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Yup, my son-in-law is a college student and that's where he "discovered" vinyl. Today he's an LP fanatic - he's paid over a 100 bucks for 1 album on occasions (I can't bring myself to do that... yet)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 pm

The most I have ever paid for a CD was $35. I vowed after that to never give that much for an album ever again. No album, regardless of format, is worth that.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:10 pm

I've only seen two price ranges for records around here $2 to $4 for the beat up old 70's and 80's lps that usually smell as bad as the look. Or $20 to $40 for new or mint collector records. There is definitely a market but it is very niche. I have seen record players at my local best buy but they look cheap.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:33 pm

I still have the old Denon turntable I purchased way back in 1989. Too bad it no longer works...

A Fry's Electronics near where I live stocks several different brands of turntables. Uncertain if local Best Buys do the same though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 am

I always keep my eye out for a good turntable at thrift stores or yard sales as I'd be devastated if my current player keeled over. I hope to find another one as a back up someday. (I think that's how hoarding begins Laughing )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

I bought ny current turntable at best buy about 5 years ago. Its a real nice sony. I think it cost around $125. Not bad...

Quote :
No album, regardless of format, is worth that.

Maybe not to you chris but to some maybe even more...I could see me paying up to $200 for a single album if I really really wanted it and it was rare.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

My dad has a turntable, and I inherited my grandpa's… Razz I need to learn how to use it, though.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 pm

FYE here in Panama City sells several different turntables as does Best Buy and Target. FYE and Best Buy both have a vinyl section. A childhood friend of mine in Tennessee recently bought one that converts vinyl to digital. I called my dad and told him to get out all my old albums. Then I called my friend and told him he could have all the old albums at mom and dads as long as he ripped them to digital format for me. Works great because he does one or two a week then emails them to me. The transfer to digital seems to work well. I enjoy hearing the pops and cracks again.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

My dad used to have a cabinet record player that also had a reel to reel tape player. That was awesome. Then one day he had to sell it for the money.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 am

Quote :
Maybe not to you chris but to some maybe even
more...I could see me paying up to $200 for a single album if I really
really wanted it and it was rare..

Knock yerself out, dude. For me, that's a lot of other things my money can be doing. If I didn't have things like house payments and other responsibilities, I might could think about doing that. But, for the most part, I already have the rarities I want and didn't pay that kind of money for. To pay $200 bucks for a single album, to me, is just crazy. No album, regardless of format, is worth that. If everyone would think like that, then those rare albums would not be so expensive. People only charge that for OOP releases because they know someone will cough it up. It just isn't going to be me.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Agreed about paying that much for a OOP album. People do the same thing with comic books. As for Stryper's Second Coming I preordered it on iTunes. No need for the cd. The Covering was never played-- I put it in the computer and ripped it straight to iTunes. Same for the IMR VR albums (all 3). I had the cd out long enough to rip them to iTunes. Then when I listened to the abomination that is Destruction Comes 2 times I removed it from iTunes but backed it up on my external hard drive.

I used to be pro CD all the way until John Schlitt's Greater Cause. When it was released the only way I could get it was iTunes so I've pretty much been digital since then. I miss the booklets but I only look at those once or twice anyway then put them away.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 am

Now, here I am again.
For me the old Stryper stuff is good enough to listen too.
I'm only interested in the two new songs.

Having a bit enough of the rerelease of older albums from bands.

I wonder why Stryper is rerelaesing their older stuff.
Are most Stryper fans not waiting on a new CD with new songs?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Now, here I am again.
For me the old Stryper stuff is good enough to listen too.
I'm only interested in the two new songs.

Having a bit enough of the rerelease of older albums from bands.

I wonder why Stryper is rerelaesing their older stuff.
Are most Stryper fans not waiting on a new CD with new songs?

It is a bit more than rereleasing them. They are rerecording them to sound better. They said they weren't completely happy with them back then. Plus they can get control over the songs again. Hollywood records still owns the rights to the original songs and want a boatload of money to sell them back to Stryper. Getting control again,they can use them without having to ask Hollywood records for permission however they want to use them.

Believe me,we all want some new material but as the saying goes,first things first.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 am

That's right Hardcore.

I was thinking I might buy the downloads from "The Second Coming".
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 am

Not sure what I'm gonna do as far as the entire album goes... but what I DO know is I want the 2 new songs.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 pm

I wonder how many thirsty people could get water or how many hungry people $200 can feed.. and how much of eternal worth is traded in for the purchase of said record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I never will pay $ 200 for one CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Quote :
how much of eternal worth is traded in for the purchase of said record.

None!! Absolutely None! God gave me everything and calls me holy and elevated me to the level of Son and Jesus calls me friend..why...Because I put all my faith in Christ.

Quote :
I wonder how many thirsty people could get water or how many hungry people $200 can feed

Are you hungry and thirty Unworthy? PM me your address and I will send you the $200. God blessed me with enough to both buy the record and feed you.
Also I have to wonder if you are suggesting that we all (yourself included) quit buying Christian Metal and give all that money away?
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:58 am

Coming back to the subject of the thread...lol...I cannot wait for Tuesday. I intend to download this album first thing in the morning. I've heard the samples of the re-recorded tunes on iTunes and they sound fantastic. Yes, the arrangements are largely the same - as they should be. But the instrumentation sounds totally different. The BGVs are also very different than the old days.

I just listened to the new song "Bleeding From The Inside Out" on YouTube several times, and it is really good. On first listen, it kinda sounds like a Michael Sweet solo song, but repeated listens brought out the Stryper in it. It's a great song. The snippet of "Blackened" I've heard suggests that that is going to be a beast of a song.

I can't wait for this album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper -the Second Coming
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next