Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Hello,

I just updated Angelic Warlord to include a review of the new Stryper re-record CD "Second Coming". Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/s/stryper13a.html

Please be sure to first get yourself a cup of coffee because this one is a bit long winded!

I have added several fairly extensive news updates the past several weeks as well.

Upcoming reviews include In-Graved and Razorigami.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Aww no rating, Crying or Very sad

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I try to read this review in parts.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Quote :
I try to read this review in parts.

Sorry about that, but this is one of the more long winded reviews I have written in some time. Very Happy

Quote :
Aww no rating,

You're not the only person to bring this to my attention. However, I find it challenging to assign a single grade to compilation albums (such as Second Coming) due to the fact they draw their material from such a wide variety of sources.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Maybe you could just rate it on the recording merits and not the material....and you could just tell us and nobody else Smile

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 pm

OK, in terms of the recording merits - and by that I am referring to the improvements in production for The Yellow And Black Attack and Soldiers Under Command - material - I would grade in the 85% range.

Further factoring in the To Hell With The Devil Material (with Tim Gaines on bass) and the two new songs, we are looking at an overall grade of around 85%.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord 676823 Thanks! I think I would have to agree.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 am

I'd rate it a 90% or even 95%. The two new songs are excellent. The re-recorded material brings so much life to these older songs which weren't bad to begin with (except for YABA). I find this to be an amazing album.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:26 pm

my initial reaction: wow. this is different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord   Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - "Second Coming" review at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1