Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper -the Second Coming

Go down 
+12
Driven
Dynamis
unworthy
ishmael81
MikeInFla
Hardkore
IM4given
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stryper -the Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Not sure if anyone's already opened this subject for discussion, but here's a fresh thread since the sound samples are now up at amazon

"a fully re-recorded best of collection including two brand new songs, From Inside Out and Blackened"

http://www.amazon.com/Second-Coming-Stryper/dp/B00B0YL0C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361911389&sr=8-1&keywords=stryper

Personally, I was never a big 80s Stryper fan - due mostly to the fact that the style of metal I liked then (and now) is the less "high pitched" vox. However, in the last couple decades I've grown to love all ranges of vox. Now, to get to this album... it's nice to hear the heart of the Message once again (after the controversial "Covering"), but I don't hear much difference from the originals. Could be my bad ear, or could be cuz they didn't change up anything at all ?? It would've been awesome to hear the classics re-recorded with a harder, even hardcore sound... but I guess that's not their style. I'm just disappointed as I feel if I buy this, I won't be getting anything "new" (other than the 2 new songs).

Your thoughts....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Somebody loaded the entire song for "Bleeding From the Inside Out" on youtube. I'm really digging it.

I'm thinking I will probably get the entire album as a download. But I'm not really all that excited about the rerecorded tunes....but who knows maybe they will just blow me away.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm

I plan to buy this album on release day. I do hear a huge difference in sound. This sounds heavier. Michael also said that some of the arrangements would be different and Oz's solos would be different, heavier and in some cases longer. Looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm

It largely sounds heavier because now you can actually hear the bass in the mix. That adds a lot of power instead of making these songs sound so tinny.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 pm

That's really a big improvement to hear the bass now.
I might get the downloads from this album when they sound much heavier.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

I am trying to decide if I should go with the downloads or get the CD. The CD is almost $16. That seems a bit steep for the same ol' songs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 pm

That is my thought too.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm

I thought about just getting the 2 new singles as well, but I just know I am going to get the CD. And, this song sounds amazing. I really can't wait for the new album of originals that will truly be the real reunion record when it is released.

**Real reuinon record because technically the 4 of them have never really recorded a new album. Reborn had no Tim, MBP had no Robert, The Covering was a covers album, Second Coming is a re-record. So barring any major changes, the next one is the true reuinon record**
Back to top Go down
IM4given

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I'll probably get it at Best Buy. Most new releases are $9.99 the first week. If it's not that price then I'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 am

Since there's only 2 new songs and there's not enough change in the re-records to make me excited, I'll be getting just the 2 new ones.

However, if they ever press the album to vinyl, I would be at their mercy and have to own a copy.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Since there's only 2 new songs and there's not enough change in the re-records to make me excited, I'll be getting just the 2 new ones.

However, if they ever press the album to vinyl, I would be at their mercy and have to own a copy.

Just to let you know,they are currently on the same label that released MBP on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm

iTunes all the way! Ill order a digital copy when it comes out. Can't believe I'm moving away from cd's. I swore I'd never stop buying cd's but digital is so more convienient and more portable than a disc.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

Quote :
Just to let you know,they are currently on the same label that released MBP on vinyl.

Ok, NOW I'm getting excited Twisted Evil!!!! Think I'll wait a while and see if a vinyl pops up for this album....
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:01 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Ok, NOW I'm getting excited Twisted Evil!!!! Think I'll wait a while and see if a vinyl pops up for this album....

OK, I have been seeing some pre-order pages all over for the 2 disc vinyl release. Average price is about $30.

Yes,you read that right... 2 discs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 am

o u c h
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am

Vinyl cost so much these days. I remember paying $5 for a new release...I must be getting old.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Vinyl cost so much these days. I remember paying $5 for a new release...I must be getting old.

Wow I don't remember them being that cheap, but I do remember when new releases were $8.99....I've paid twice that much for a used cd.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am

Great stories, Grandpa...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Go ahead and smart-off youngster....just remember you're not too old for a whooping.

Stryper -the Second Coming 287212

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am

I may not be too old for a whooping, but I may be young enough to run faster...

Tongue
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

True, but that's what tasers are for.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

lol! ROTFL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Quote :
Wow I don't remember them being that cheap, but I
do remember when new releases were $8.99....I've paid twice that much
for a used cd.

I remember paying 5.99 for AC/DC...flick of the switch on release date. I also remember paying that for Slade's Keep your hands off my power supply. I think I paid 6 for strypers to hell with the devil.
I remember paying 4.99 for Queens the game on 8 track tape. Twisted Evil
Quote :
Great stories, Grandpa...

Well, since God says I will live forever how old am I really Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Ok, maybe it is regional then. Because I remember paying something like $7.99 or $8.99 for a brand new vinyl of Judas Priest's "Defender's of the Faith" (1984) and Flick of the Switch came out in 1983.

If you were living in Texas then it wouldn't surprise me that the music was a little cheaper than it was here in Western Washington.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 am

Hardkore wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

OK, I have been seeing some pre-order pages all over for the 2 disc vinyl release. Average price is about $30.

Yes,you read that right... 2 discs.

I recently went ahead and pre-ordered the vinyl thru Barnes & Noble to be sure I would get it. I originally waited on Reborn but then it was sold out. I didn't think I would ever be able to find one cheap but finally did. I also jumped on MBP when it was first released before it was gone . I saw someone trying to sell one (MBP)for about $200.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper -the Second Coming
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next