Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper -the Second Coming

Go down 
+12
Driven
Dynamis
unworthy
ishmael81
MikeInFla
Hardkore
IM4given
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm

So stryper posted on facebook that they are going to release 3 new albums this year plus a world tour. I know about 2 of the albums...anyone know anything about the 3d album?
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 pm

probably referring to the Michael Sweet solo album I thought he was talking about releasing.. otherwise, no clue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:08 pm

The 3rd I believe is a live cd/dvd that they are going to release. They have updated it to say 2 albums this year pluse the Sweet solo album. I think they are recording the live album sometime this year. I read somewhere that a live cd/dvd was coming out.
So the 3 would be: Second Coming/new untitled album/live cd&dvd
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:16 pm

It seems everyone in Stryper has done solo projects… Michael, Robert and Tim for sure, but I'm not sure about Oz. I know they're "musicians for hire" sometimes, like Robert playing with Bill Menchen, Michael fronting Boston, and Oz playing with Bloodgood.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:50 pm

At the moment I probably won't be getting it. Although I'm a fan of Michael's solo stuff, the rerecords don't interest me enough and the song 'bleeding...' sounds a bit too un-stryper for my liking - although they do still sound great.

I'll wait for a complete new album.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Last edited by Fundy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:57 pm

I will buy the re-recorded album, the solo album and the new album (but I'm guessing we probably won't see the album of new material until 2014)....but I won't be buying any live material at all.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't buy live material.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah, Stryper is great live when you're there. But a live album? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:15 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
how much of eternal worth is traded in for the purchase of said record.

None!! Absolutely None! God gave me everything and calls me holy and elevated me to the level of Son and Jesus calls me friend..why...Because I put all my faith in Christ.

I'm happy for you. But what about your neighbor? How many thousands don't know and could be reached? Is their soul worth more than an album?

Quote :
Quote :
I wonder how many thirsty people could get water or how many hungry people $200 can feed

Are you hungry and thirty Unworthy? PM me your address and I will send you the $200. God blessed me with enough to both buy the record and feed you.
Also I have to wonder if you are suggesting that we all (yourself included) quit buying Christian Metal and give all that money away?

That's great. How many people are you feeding now? Could you be doing more? I'm not trying to suggest that I'm perfect or doing the best I could be, all I am saying is that your response here came across to me as self-righteous or arrogant as much as my initial question did to you. My comment was not meant to accuse or anything like that. It was merely an expression of my perspective.

I was not suggesting that we stop buying christian metal. Christian music is entertaining, edifying, and a wonderful and effective tool of evangelism. What I was suggesting was simply about our responsibility with the resources that God has given to us. I would not consider spending $200 for a record a responsible financial decision regardless of income. That is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

You are the only one who has to stand before God to account for your use of the resources He gave you. How you use your money is between you and God.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Wow...this thread went nuts in a hurry. scratch Suspect
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:58 pm

sorry I derailed again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 pm

I like live albums if they are full of extended guitar work and super versions of the bands songs. If its just a live recording of the exact arrangements of the studio songs then not so much. Unfortunately everything I ever heard that was a live recording by stryper is just a live duplicate of their studio albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Unless it's a worship album with new songs, I don't care for live albums.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 pm

I liked Second Coming....

A new album of new material would be very cool.... But I don't play Murder By Pride that much so perhaps not....

A live album??? Just listen to the Stryper Extended Version CD and I'll agree with the rest of you.... won't be lining up for that!

Watch I'll get it and It'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread...... NOT.... ha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am

Today Is The Day! cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Downloaded mine from iTunes Monday night around 10:30. Very good but I don like First Love (didnt like the original either and there's nothing wrong with it other than the fact I don't like ballads in general so it has nothing to do with the performance of the song). The intro to Reach Out is terrible. Dunno what it is but it is like the pitch and tempo is way off. Other than that its awesome!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I won't be downloading them until sometime next week.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Got mine at mardels for $8. Not a fan of the digipack but that's the thing these days. I swear robert sweet looks wasted in every picture. Razz
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Love this album!!! The new songs are awesome. Thinking about them and "God" from the previous album has me really excited about the direction the band is going. They may well be better than they ever have been! Can't wait to hear the new all-original album later this year.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

I don't know why… but today, I had the idea that Stryper could do a cool cover of Saint - The Blade. Probably not, really, but what if? Razz
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 am

Now, who has bought or downloaded "The Second Coming"?
What are your thought of this Stryper CD?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 am

I bought mine from iTunes. I love it other than the intro to Reach Out. I was also never a big fan of First Love so I skip that song too. The others are pretty spot on. Not heavier like he said but better produced and mastered. Blackened is the better of the 2 new songs.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 pm

They're beginning to record their next album in a couple of days time. I'm gonna wait and if it's a great album I may just buy the two at once!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:31 pm

I went ahead and bought the cd and was amazed. The songs sound so much better than they ever have. Robert might look stoned on the disk, but he is adding additional drum fills that I have never heard before. For a ballad, they should have done "Honestly ". Instead of "Sing Along Song", I wish they had included something from the "In God We Trust " era. Other than that, I have no complaints.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I went ahead and bought the cd and was amazed. The songs sound so much better than they ever have. Robert might look stoned on the disk, but he is adding additional drum fills that I have never heard before. For a ballad, they should have done "Honestly ". Instead of "Sing Along Song", I wish they had included something from the "In God We Trust " era. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 676823
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper -the Second Coming   Stryper -the Second Coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper -the Second Coming
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next