Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebecca St. James

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:54 pm

It has been a number of years since Rebecca has released any music. She is scheduled to release "I Will Praise" you on April 5, 2011 according to Jesus Freak Hideout. Personally, I love her voice and like her more rock records. I wasn't really thrilled with her worship projects or "Transform". However, I have always loved the pop rock albums God, Pray, and If I Had One Chance To Tell You Something. I hope that Rebecca returns in this style.

Also, after many years of being a huge advocate of waiting to have sex until one marries, Rebecca is now engaged to be married. I guess the years of waiting have paid off.

She also has a few movie credits. She had a cameo in one of the "Left Behind" movies. Also, she starred in "Sarah's Choice" (a very pro-life movie), and will be in the new film for 2011 called "The Frontier Boys".

Add to this her book writing and speaking schedule, and this is one busy lady!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

I'll hafta get ahold of some of her tunes... I'm only familiar with her name, but never heard her music (or may have heard some on the radio but didnt know who it was)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 pm

My wife used to have her "God" cd (not sure where it went). I can't say that either of us listened to it much at all. But I do remember it had a very cool song called "Your the Voice" (that was a remake from someone else).

Admin
alldatndensum

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

The "God" CD was great in my opinion. Guitar pop with alternative overtones as that was what was big at the time. She had several hit singles from that release.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am

One of my kids was a real Rebecca St. James fan.
Some months ago I have found the CDs she owned of Rebecca.
I have found "God", "Pray" and "Transform".
It's cool to listen to those CDs again.
The song I really like from Rebecca is her version of "O Holy Night".

Cool Rebecca comes back with a new CD, I certainly will listen to her new CD.
Hope it will be a cool CD too.

I know the version of "You're The Voice" from John Farnham.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

I know the version of "You're The Voice" from John Farnham.

Yes that's it!
The secular band "Heart" also did a cover of the same song for one of their live albums back in the 90's

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Speaking of Rebecca St. James, she has finally gotten engaged! i found this out on JesusFreakHideout.com. Here's the article:

Quote :
One of Christian music’s most recognized and beloved artists is opening the New Year with an exciting announcement: Rebecca St. James is engaged to be married!

St. James will wed the man she’s been waiting for – Jacob Fink — on a date soon to be announced. The Christmas Day proposal came at Rebecca’s family farm in Franklin, Tennessee where she was presented the brilliant, solitaire diamond ring. The groom-to-be asked her parents, David and Helen, for their blessing prior to him surprising Rebecca with the engagement ring and his request for her hand in marriage.

Jacob, originally from Colorado, now resides in Southern California. He spent two years as a missionary in South Africa before attending college and graduating summa cum laude with a degree in communications and an emphasis on film production. He worked in television production prior to his current career in music. The couple met through mutual friends in Los Angeles.

Noted Rebecca in a communication to friends: “We are truly amazed at finding our dreams and ideals met in the love we’ve found. We are exceedingly grateful for this precious gift from God.”

Rebecca’s signature song, “Wait For Me,” released in 2000, inspired national attention to the ideals of purity before marriage—a self-lived message she has taken to young people worldwide from her concert stages and through her best-selling books and personal testimony.

2011 will be a milestone year for St. James, who recently signed with Provident Label Group’s Beach Street/ Reunion Records. Her new studio album I Will Praise You releases on April 5 with its first single “Shine Your Glory Down” impacting radio on Feb. 11.

Currently planning promotional and concert tour dates, and a wedding, Rebecca is also putting final touches on her ninth book, “What Is He Thinking?” (Hachette/Faithwords), which is due out in September.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm

I got her God Cd first and got hooked on it. Then I got her ST, I liked that too. Didn't really get into any others after that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm

You can hear Rebecca's new single "Shine Your Glory Down" on her MySpace page.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 am

Listened to "Shine Your Glory Down".
A cool song ... very cool.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

You can stream the entire new CD that comes out next week at Jesus Freak Hideout here:

Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 am

I got 1 album of hers I thought was decent, she also appeared on one of KJ52's albums
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net
Sponsored content

Rebecca St. James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebecca St. James   Rebecca St. James I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebecca St. James
Page 1 of 1