Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King James.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

King James. Empty
PostSubject: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 am

Was the band of singer Jimmi Bennet Sacred Warrior and Rex Carroll Whitecross, bass player Timothy Gaines and drummer Robert Sweet both from the famous rock band Stryper.

I would like to ask how many CD King James released.
What you do think of King James?
Do you like this band?
Or is it a copy or a mix of Stryper or Sacred Warrior?
Or does this band has an own style without the influences of Stryper or Sacred Warrior?
What album(s) you can recommend me of King James?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:08 am

You have all the members of King James correct on their first CD. However, Jimmi Bennet was never the vocalist for Sacred Warrior. Rey Parra was the S.W. vocalist.

King James did two CDs. I would definitely recommend the first CD to anyone. Their 2nd CD "The Fall" was quite a bit less polished, Rex was downtuning the guitar to get a more modern sound, and Jimmi tried his hand at more agressive vocals. I loved the direction of that project, but there were issues with it. I remember reading that the label they were signed to at the time moved their deadline up by months without warning. So, Rex never got to go back and finish all the leads he wanted to do. The drums were pretty basis, and the real drum tracks were never finished. Also, Jimmi was going to retrack a lot of the vocals. For me, if the label had not moved the deadline and pulled some funding, this could have been a huge jump forward for King James. As it was, it came out sounding very dull to a lot of folks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 am

What I meant was that Jimmi Bennett is the vocalist of King James.
Now I hope there's an online place who has this album in stock.

Is Rex Carroll playing his famous solo's on this album too?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 am

You can find a used copy of both discs at www.crossingmusic.com

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:56 am

I love the first album! I still listen to it regularly. I never could get into the second cd. I also have a cdr that I think Rex was selling that has a few songs on it. I believe it has a few different mixes of songs from the first disc and a unreleased song. I would have to go find it and make sure but it's a nice little collectible to have.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 pm

I really like the first album as well. It has some really good songs on it, and just a few ok songs (but no really bad songs at all).

The second album has a cool sound, but most of the songs have no real hooks at all. It was kind of like they went more for a certain sound, and less for great songs. There are a few decent tunes, but most of it leaves me hitting the skip button.

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:58 pm

I like both of their albums. They are one of my favorite christian bands. I was lucky enough to see them live. Rex Carroll and Robert Sweet on the same stage was awesome.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:36 am

Some people are so lucky to see cool bands live.
That must be very cool dale43445 to see King James life.

I've seen Whitecross live, that was vet gaaf too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

King James. Empty
PostSubject: Re: King James.   King James. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King James.
Page 1 of 1