Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And new King James!

Go down 
+8
ChosenOne
Staybrite
MikeInFla
bassdude
Driven
alldatndensum
Timshell64
Fundy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

And new King James! Empty
PostSubject: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 am

Funny how all these bands are getting back together!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 am

I like it!! I just hope they put togther a good tour!! It would be nice to go to a concert and not be known as the old guy ha ha!!! Seriously I miss going to concerts but most of the ones hapening around here are with bands that in their ealry 20's which the music is pretty good as long as it is not sreamo!!!

Just saying I am getting old lol!!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:39 am

I'd love to hear some new King James. Maybe they can mix the styles of both albums. But, I'd rather hear the style of the debut, personally.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 am

Fundy wrote:

2011 was relatively dry, wasn't it? Now everyone is making NEW music! Twisted Evil

Saint, Deliverance, Bride, King James, Sacred Warrior, The Seventh Power (Power And Glory), Temple of Blood, who else?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:39 am

I hope it's more like the debut, the second one did absolutely nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 am

But they aren't calling it King James are they? I'm opposite of you the first one did nothing for me and I love the second one. First one had wayyyyy too many ballads. The second one was modern sounding but also had guitar solos which everyone had dropped by that time so that's a plus for me. Either way I look forward to hearing samples whenever they become available.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:11 pm

I loved their sound on the first album, but I agree that there seemed to be too many slow songs (and more than one or two "filler" tracks). The second one also had a cool sound but almost no hooks what so ever (I don't tend to listen to it much). So I guess like Alldat I'm hoping they can blend the two, and bring more hooks back to the songs.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I loved their sound on the first album, but I agree that there seemed to be too many slow songs (and more than one or two "filler" tracks). The second one also had a cool sound but almost no hooks what so ever (I don't tend to listen to it much). So I guess like Alldat I'm hoping they can blend the two, and bring more hooks back to the songs.

EXACTLY!

I agree

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't know why people don't like The Fall. OK, so it has a grunge feel to it, but the songwriting has a really cool dark feel. Then again, the production didn't sound that great either.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Fundy wrote:

2011 was relatively dry, wasn't it? Now everyone is making NEW music! Twisted Evil

Saint, Deliverance, Bride, King James, Sacred Warrior, The Seventh Power (Power And Glory), Temple of Blood, who else?

Forgot about the one group who I have reserved album of the year for: Guardian
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Oh, and Recon is now at work on The Chosen Few.

(mind blown)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Quote :
Forgot about the one group who I have reserved album of the year for: Guardian

Too late. Saint already took that spot! LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Album of the year is Virginia Creeper!

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:23 pm

The lack of hooks was a big deal on The Fall. That's why I never got into it. Most fans of the first album were also fans of Whitecross, and both always had hooks. When KJ did The Fall, the lack of hooks was noticeable, and most fans of the first record didn't like it.

I've seen some interviews with Rex, and he has said the new J&R music (that's the new name of the band, BTW) will be in the style of the first album.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:26 pm

I think that the J & R thing was changed back to King James, from what I heard, but I'm not certain.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 pm

My main problem with The Fall was Jimi Bennett's vocals.......I've been a fan of his since way, way back in the mid-80's, he was in a band called Sacred Fire, which I have on cassette, but have never even seen on CD.

I just didn't think he sounded very good at all and it really turned me sour on the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm

I never had it until the remastered version was released with new cover art and I love it, based on the title track that was posted as a sample. I dig the Alice In Chains feel to it and it has some awesome solos. When I got the first album after that I was greatly disappointed.

I dont have the original version of The Fall so I cant compare it to the remastered version but I have heard it is way better sounding that the original. Regardless of sound, I look forward to it and would also like to hear more Rex solo stuff in the style of "That Was Then, This Is Now".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:35 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
...., I look forward to it and would also like to hear more Rex solo stuff in the style of "That Was Then, This Is Now".

I completely agree, Rex has an entire albums worth of stuff ready to go that is heavier blues rock from a project he called "The Heal". Retroactive has been supposed to release this now for over a year....but I'm not sure it will ever be released. They used to have a myspace site, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Retroactive, they havent updated their website in ages. You can buy digital downloads from them for 7.99 but they don't have any of the recent releases on the site. They added Bride and havent updated anything since.

As for King James, is that going to be the name? I think it would be a better choice and J&R.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 am

According to their Facebook page it is going to be King James!!!
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 am

and the album of year will be... Tourniquet
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:32 am

unworthy wrote:

Ahh I see....but you are actually assuming it will be released this year! lol!

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

I've seen some interviews with Rex, and he has said the new J&R music (that's the new name of the band, BTW) will be in the style of the first album.

Their first album is one of my favorite Christian rock discs off all time. I was lucky to see them live right after it came out.

Incredible show with Rex and Robert on the same stage.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am

dale434445 wrote:
..... I was lucky to see them live right after it came out.

Incredible show with Rex and Robert on the same stage.

Wow, that must have been very cool indeed! I would have loved to see that.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

Staybrite wrote:
unworthy wrote:

Ahh I see....but you are actually assuming it will be released this year! lol!

it better be or I want my kickstarter money back lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And new King James!   And new King James! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And new King James!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: