Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+7
Fundy
Xid
Hardkore
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Normaniac
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16616
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 5:28 am

The first from 3 rough ares is over.
Thursday it was the birthday of my husband.
Today it's 20 yesrs ago that my dad passed.
Wensday it was our anniversary.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9971
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 7:25 pm

Sad It must be difficult

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 7:36 am

Today, my wife and I are celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary!  Where did all that time go?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, MikeInFla, Xid, Normaniac and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3543
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Happy belated anniversary Chris!!!  Congratulations.

Dang it is stormin' pretty good here right now.  Thunder and lightning and dumping rain.  I love it.  Smile

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1470
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 8:13 am

Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 12:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Today, my wife and I are celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary!  Where did all that time go?

Oh wow, that means you were married in 1988?  That would mean that Mrs Staybrite and I beat you and Mrs. Alldat by a mere 6 months (we were married in Nov of '87)

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 9:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Oh wow, that means you were married in 1988?  That would mean that Mrs Staybrite and I beat you and Mrs. Alldat by a mere 6 months (we were married in Nov of '87)

Yes, we were married in '88.  I had to wait until the Mrs. alldat was out of high school!  There were a mere 20 days between her graduation and our nuptials.  We were young and dumb back then.  Now, we're no longer young!  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 3:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yes, we were married in '88.  I had to wait until the Mrs. alldat was out of high school!  There were a mere 20 days between her graduation and our nuptials.  We were young and dumb back then.  Now, we're no longer young!  LOL

I love that!

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2024 1:40 pm

My sister-in-law is getting married this Thursday and I need to smoke/grill a brisket for her (and for some crazy reason be the best man in the wedding... for a guy I only know in passing).  Could use a little prayer to keep my sanity.  I've only made a brisket once before and I'm not a big fan of being in weddings (this will be my fifth time, I was a groomsman twice already and officiated two others).

kerrick and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2024 12:26 pm

Oh boy!  Ha I can totally commiserate with you: I have been in quite a few weddings over the years and I while it's a nice honor, it's also quite stressful and intimidating.  Add that to the mix food-prep, and you've got yourself a very big task at hand!

One thing to remember though...  As best man, it's within your authority to delegate tasks to the other groomsmen!  Don't be shy to assign tasks to them.  Wink

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2024 9:26 am

kerrick wrote:
Oh boy!  Ha I can totally commiserate with you: I have been in quite a few weddings over the years and I while it's a nice honor, it's also quite stressful and intimidating.  Add that to the mix food-prep, and you've got yourself a very big task at hand!

One thing to remember though...  As best man, it's within your authority to delegate tasks to the other groomsmen!  Don't be shy to assign tasks to them.  Wink

That's a great idea!
Oh wait, the only other guy in the wedding is my 9 year old grandson.  lol!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2024 11:20 am

Ah dang!  Is your wife in the wedding party too?  Hopefully she'll be able to help prepping the meat and whatnot.  For such a small wedding party, is there no bachelor party or anything?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2024 2:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
Ah dang!  Is your wife in the wedding party too?  Hopefully she'll be able to help prepping the meat and whatnot.  For such a small wedding party, is there no bachelor party or anything?

My wife is one of two bridesmaids.  
No bachelor party.  There wouldn't be anyone to invite.  Despite having lived in this area for the last 15 years the man has no friends.  Between work, church and the gym he hasn't managed to make any friends.  He's not a bad guy (at least seemingly), but he is more than a little odd... so that might be why.  Stands to reason though, her first husband (RIP) was more than a little strange himself.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2024 9:40 am

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

My wife is one of two bridesmaids.  
No bachelor party.  There wouldn't be anyone to invite.  Despite having lived in this area for the last 15 years the man has no friends.  Between work, church and the gym he hasn't managed to make any friends.  He's not a bad guy (at least seemingly), but he is more than a little odd... so that might be why.  Stands to reason though, her first husband (RIP) was more than a little strange himself.

I can relate.  I find it difficult if not impossible to make friends with other guys.  I must be the oddball.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 4:56 pm

I'm praying everything goes well for the wedding!  Please let us know how it went and how the brisket turned out.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2024 8:30 pm

The couple that was living next door got evicted.  They left behind one of their cats who has several kittens,.  They got into my basement via a small hole where we had to have a drain pipe redone.  

What is wrong with people?  When you take in a pet, it is your responsibility to rehome them if you cannot take them with you.  I know--if you get evicted for not paying rent and trashing the residence, you probably aren't too responsible in the first place.  It just makes me mad that someone would just leave these animals behind for others to deal with.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1470
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 3:49 am

Poor baby kitties.  This cat daddy is fuming.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 11:16 am

It has me stressed out as I still have one trapped under my house that won't let me touch it.  I don't want to leave the basement open as the mama cat seems like she wants to move the litter down there.  I am too big to go I to the crawl space to scare it out.  I don't want to spend $70 on a live no-kill trap that I may never use again.

These people just abandoned their pet and now the problem has been dumped into me.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 12:21 pm

Chris I wonder if you can borrow/rent a trap from your local animal shelter?  I think some might offer that service.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2024 5:09 pm

kerrick wrote:
I'm praying everything goes well for the wedding!  Please let us know how it went and how the brisket turned out.

Took 10 hours to cook it (some of that time while I was serving as the best man in the wedding), but it turned out pretty well.  13 lbs and not a single scrap was left over after the reception (so it must have pretty decent).

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Garys_10

I even got a wedding present myself!  COVID... again! (been a little over 1-1/2 years ago since I last had it).  Been sick as a dog for the last 4 days.  Hopefully starting to feel a little better today.  Sadly Mrs Staybrite caught it first and now my youngest boy Nick (who is really a young adult) has it too.  A few other people from the wedding have contracted it as well, but the bride and groom are still unaffected (which is good because they left for their honeymoon today).

Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 7:38 am

kerrick wrote:
Chris I wonder if you can borrow/rent a trap from your local animal shelter?  I think some might offer that service.

I contacted a local cat rescue and they came out with traps.  We rescued one kitten, but the mama cat and remaining kittens have disappeared.

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 11:14 am

Right on.  Well I hope the mom and other kittens are alright, but regardless it sounds like your troubles are over anyways!  I'm glad to hear.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 1:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Took 10 hours to cook it (some of that time while I was serving as the best man in the wedding), but it turned out pretty well.  13 lbs and not a single scrap was left over after the reception (so it must have pretty decent).

I even got a wedding present myself!  COVID... again! (been a little over 1-1/2 years ago since I last had it).  Been sick as a dog for the last 4 days.  Hopefully starting to feel a little better today.  Sadly Mrs Staybrite caught it first and now my youngest boy Nick (who is really a young adult) has it too.  A few other people from the wedding have contracted it as well, but the bride and groom are still unaffected (which is good because they left for their honeymoon today).

Ah I'm glad to hear everything at the wedding went well!  Wow, 13lbs of meat.  Impressive!  Major bummer about covid.  No fun.  How are you and your wife and son holding up?  Well maybe some forced relaxing after the big event is a bit of a silver lining?  I hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 1:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Ah I'm glad to hear everything at the wedding went well!  Wow, 13lbs of meat.  Impressive!  Major bummer about covid.  No fun.  How are you and your wife and son holding up?  Well maybe some forced relaxing after the big event is a bit of a silver lining?  I hope you feel better soon!

Finally starting to feel better today.  Wicked tired over the last several days, but we are all starting to improve and have a bit more energy.  Just hoping the symptoms won't linger for weeks.  Thank you!

Fundy, kerrick and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 1:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Garys_10

Oh man that looks good..lol

Glad you are feeling better Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next