Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith

Go down 
+4
dale434445
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith Empty
PostSubject: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith E55063zr6cw
Blind Faith is the 1993 sophomore effort from this hard rock fronted by one time Ruscha singer Andy Denton. The band also includes a few other members from Ruscha. Their frist album was self titled and released under the name “Legend” (without the seven) rumor has it that there was another band recording with the name Legend, so the band decided to change to “Legend Seven” for their second release.

This album has a nice blend of hard rock guitars, smooth melodic vocals and big hooks. Surprisingly enough this album was not produced by the Elephante brothers. Both of their albums were certainly a big hit with this music fan.

I had been listening to Christian hard rock and metal for over a year before I ever even heard of this band. With the exception of a short bio on Wikipedia, and a few record reviews, I have actually found surprisingly little info about this band on the internet.

I did however find a couple of you-tube videos for this band. Check out the links below. (The Colours, song is actually from their first album).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss8dO8HavbM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54J8SPo2dI&feature=related

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 pm

From time to time I love it to listen to both Legend Seven albums.

There was an other band with the name Legend.
The WORD-label hold a competition for an other name.
Legend Seven was the new name of this band.

Not matter if they were Legend of Legend Seven these guys make great music.
It sounds te gek.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:51 pm

I really like this band--always have. I got to see them to an in-store acoustic concert at a Christian bookstore in Nashville.

I like the 2nd album, but the debut was about as close to perfect as you could get.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:16 pm

I can't seem to pick between the two albums. Both are fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

I had never heard that their record label held a contest to come up with the bands name change. The would have been fun.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:52 pm

That's why I always listen to both albums.
First one, then the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 am

I have the second album by this band. I need to get the first one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Wow, old thread. I remember trying to do one of these "Classic Album" threads once a week. I think I only stopped because of lack of interest, seems like on many of the albums that Yvonne was the only one nice enough to post anything (thanks sister). I still dig both of these albums, but might lean towards the second "Blind Faith" as being the better of the two (but not by much).

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Threads like this make me dug in my CD collection and pick up the CDs we're talked about.

It's a good idea to honor the classic bands in a thread like this one is.
I've thought to listen all the CDs I have on an alphabetical order.
That keeps me busy for some weeks.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

One of my favorite bands. Just good old rock n roll. I wish more bands had played this style.

I was lucky enough to see them live at Atlanta Fest.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 pm

I was so blessed to see these guys with the Brave. it was awesome. they both played off a flat bed in a parking lot in Centralia Illinois!!! It an awesome time about 500 people showed up!!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 pm

The first CD was the best, but both are quality releases. I can only pick the first one as a favorite by a narrow margin.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Andy Denton has a great voice, I saw him with Ruscha way back when.

I think I still have that old Ruscha t-shirt around here somewhere.......
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
I was so blessed to see these guys with the Brave. it was awesome. they both played off a flat bed in a parking lot in Centralia Illinois!!! It an awesome time about 500 people showed up!!!

Tim

Who was singing for The Brave? I remember they lost the singer from their first album (was his name Jamie?), and I think one of the guitarists sang on their second album

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Ya it was jamie I beleive i have slept since then!! It was a greta concert though

Tim
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
Timshell64 wrote:

Tim

Who was singing for The Brave? I remember they lost the singer from their first album (was his name Jamie?), and I think one of the guitarists sang on their second album

Actually, it was the drummer.

I like Blind Faith, but the guitar tone sounds more distorted. I like the first album better because of that reason alone. The songs on Blind Faith are incredible. 'Soul Surrender' would have been even better if the guitars weren't quite so distorted. Love that song anyway. It's probably my favorite Legend tune.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Timshell64 wrote:

Tim

Actually, it was the drummer.

Thanks for setting me straight

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:48 pm

The first s/t album by Legend was one of the best releases of the 90s, secular or Christian, IMO. The second, though not quite as edgy, was a bluesy hard rock platter. Both were great!
Back to top Go down
IM4given

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I really like this band--always have. I got to see them to an in-store acoustic concert at a Christian bookstore in Nashville.

I like the 2nd album, but the debut was about as close to perfect as you could get.

Totally agree! Set This Place On Fire!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith   Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Album: Legend Seven - Blind Faith
Page 1 of 1