Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Album: Fear Not

Go down 
+5
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
fishingd
LateFortheParty
Staybrite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Classic Album: Fear Not Empty
PostSubject: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Classic Album: Fear Not Fearnot

Fear Not released their self-titled debut in 1993. I’ve heard this album described as Skid Row meets Slaughter. Not entirely accurate but it is a decent place to start. Most of the members in this band started out as “Love Life”. They switched guitarists, and also switched names to become “Fear Not”. This is the only album under this name, and it just so happens to be another Elephante brother’s production.

Members of this band went on to record in other notable projects. Chris Howell (guitarist) went on to play in Red Sea and recorded the smoking “Blood” album. Larry Worley (singer) went on to sing on Robert Sweet’s solo album “Love Trash” (never heard that one). Larry currently appears singing on the remake of Fear Not song “We Have a God” on the soon to be released Liberty N Justice album “4 All-The Best of LNJ”

I think this is a fantastic album despite the terrible cover art. Big hooks, fantastic vocals, and great musicianship make this album a winner in my view.

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Sounds interesting Gary. I have heard Love Life on Reign Radio many times, and I like their sound.

Guess I need to look them up.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:01 am

Staybrite wrote:
Classic Album: Fear Not Fearnot

Fear Not released their self-titled debut in 1993. I’ve heard this album described as Skid Row meets Slaughter. Not entirely accurate but it is a decent place to start. Most of the members in this band started out as “Love Life”. They switched guitarists, and also switched names to become “Fear Not”. This is the only album under this name, and it just so happens to be another Elephante brother’s production.

Members of this band went on to record in other notable projects. Chris Howell (guitarist) went on to play in Red Sea and recorded the smoking “Blood” album. Larry Worley (singer) went on to sing on Robert Sweet’s solo album “Love Trash” (never heard that one). Larry currently appears singing on the remake of Fear Not song “We Have a God” on the soon to be released Liberty N Justice album “4 All-The Best of LNJ”

I think this is a fantastic album despite the terrible cover art. Big hooks, fantastic vocals, and great musicianship make this album a winner in my view.

I agree with you great album.. I`ve had this album for 15 years and still listen to it... I`m with you on terrible cover art Rolling Eyes

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 am

Great, great album. I only got it a few years ago, but I love it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:23 am

One of my top 10 !
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:29 am

For me Fear Not is a vet gaaf album.
Back to top Go down
HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 pm

I avoided this thing when it came out based on the cover art. This came out around the start of the grunge era so I dismissed it as such without giving it a shot.

But in the recent past I've been watching ebay for it. Anybody know where I can score a copy?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Great disc, definitely a big Skid Row vibe off of this disc, I've been meaning to look around for the Love Life disc for a while now.

Slightly off topic but the LnJ version of We Have A God is mediocre. I prefer the original, I really wish they had worked on a completely new song.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:01 pm

BTW I frogot to include it, but if you haven't heard this band I will e-mail you a few low bit-rate mp3 files to check out before you try to hunt down the album.

avdb11 wrote:
For me Fear Not is a vet gaaf album.

I'm surprised to hear this, I know you really like Crystavox, I would have thought you would like this one as well.

HolyRoller wrote:
But in the recent past I've been watching ebay for it. Anybody know where I can score a copy?

I haven't even seen a used copy of it for sale in several months. It is OOP so you might be able to talk someone into sending you a burn to tide you over until you can find an original copy. I believe RadRockers was selling it for a while (but it is a bootleg cdr).

kethdredd wrote:
Slightly off topic but the LnJ version of We Have A God is mediocre. I prefer the original, I really wish they had worked on a completely new song.

I actually thought the LnJ version was pretty decent, but I do think that the original was better. I too would have prefered a new song.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:18 pm

"Vet gaaf " means that I really like this album.
True I am a Crystavox fan and like the music of Fear not too.
Sorry for the Dutch words in this.
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 pm

avdb11 wrote:
"Vet gaaf " means that I really like this album.
True I am a Crystavox fan and like the music of Fear not too.
Sorry for the Dutch words in this.
Embarassed

Oh no don't apologize, that is cool, thanks for sharing some Dutch with us (wish I was a little more on top of it).

Vet gaaf = Very good ? (is that correct)?

I'm going to start using that term, and see if I can start a trend here at CHM.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Quote :
I'm going to start using that term, and see if I can start a trend here at CHM.

Vet gaaf!

I also hear the Skid Row similarities here. I bought this tape when it first came out just because it was released by Elefante Bros. label. You knew you were going to get some great hard rock/metal from Pakaderm.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:09 pm

I have had this album for years and it has great grooves and the vocals are clean. It does have the signature Elephante sound but it works well.

I also have to say the art work sux I passed it up for years because of it. Glad I findly picked it up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 am

Quote :

Agreed. The remake just doesn't seem to have the energy or attitude of the original.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:34 am

Vet gaaf means very cool.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 am

Hey is it vet gaaf to create a classic christian top 15?
StayBrite posted some threads about the wonderful classic christian music.
I think we all have our favorite in the classic christian music.
What do you think to create a CCM top 15 to start with?
Is dat vet gaaf of niet?
Is that vet gaaf or not?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:02 pm

avdb11 wrote:
Hey is it vet gaaf to create a classic christian top 15?
I think we all have our favorite in the classic christian music.
What do you think to create a CCM top 15 to start with?

I think that would be vet gaaf indeed. I will start a new thread.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Gary that's vet gaaf. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Fear Not   Classic Album: Fear Not I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Album: Fear Not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: