Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anything better than Amazon Music App?

Go down 
+3
Xid
Staybrite
MikeInFla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Anything better than Amazon Music App? Empty
PostSubject: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 10:13 am

Been using the Amazon App for ages. However my "playlists" will no longer let me add some from my SD card. It only lets me add "online" music instead of "off line". 

No idea why they changed it. But is there anything else out there I can use to use a shuffled playlist?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 6:50 pm

On your computer or phone?
On the phone I've been using Muzio Player.  It has the occasional add, but doesn't interrupt my music/podcast play (just visual).
On my desktop I'm still using Windows Media Player.  I'm going to be very sad when I finally have to replace it.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 8:59 pm

On my desktop I'm using MusicBee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 2:12 am

Still YouTube Music on my laptop and phone.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 3:55 am

It's the phone app. I have a "hair metal" playlist and all the songs from my SD card are listed, only online songs. When I try to add "off line" music they show but won't add. Gonna have to use something else because I like to "shuffle" while listening.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 2:31 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
It's the phone app. I have a "hair metal" playlist and all the songs from my SD card are listed, only online songs. When I try to add "off line" music they show but won't add. Gonna have to use something else because I like to "shuffle" while listening.

I think I'm able to do all that with the Muzio music app.  I can build playlists and have them play on shuffle.  It's free, so maybe worth a try.  All of my music has been loaded on my phone (off line only).

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm

On the extremely rare occasion (since it eats battery life) that I listen to online music on my phone, it's just streaming Tri-Rock radio, who I'd swear must have been listening to my former radio show years ago.

Normally I listen (using FooBar 2000) to whatever I've loaded onto my sdcard.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 5:21 pm

I typically listen to my Hidizs and occasionally the Tune In app.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 2:54 am

I also have VLC which seems to be ok and play just about any file on my SD card but that program has its issues as well. It always scans the SD card when you open the app and it takes a while to see what's on it. Then sometimes if I pause a song (like going into a store or something) when I come back out and resume play it doesn't remember where it left off. Still looking around. Honestly my favorite music app was itunes but I rarely use it anymore because my iPod won't hold a charge. And my phone is android. I can still play CDs in the truck as well, however the new truck I ordered (which my never be built this year) doesn't even offer a radio with a CD player. Hard to believe CD players aren't even offered in vehicles anymore! It wasn't even an option.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 1:17 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I also have VLC which seems to be ok and play just about any file on my SD card but that program has its issues as well. It always scans the SD card when you open the app and it takes a while to see what's on it. Then sometimes if I pause a song (like going into a store or something) when I come back out and resume play it doesn't remember where it left off. Still looking around. Honestly my favorite music app was itunes but I rarely use it anymore because my iPod won't hold a charge. And my phone is android. I can still play CDs in the truck as well, however the new truck I ordered (which my never be built this year) doesn't even offer a radio with a CD player. Hard to believe CD players aren't even offered in vehicles anymore! It wasn't even an option.

My mother-in-law's newish car didn't come with a CD player either.  It does however have bluetooth (that her phone connects to), and it also has a USB plug.  I would load a bunch of music on a USB stick and put it in the car.  A little harder to navigate (depending on how you have the folders set up on the USB stick), but at least it remembers where you were at in the song when you turn the vehicle back on.

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 11:38 pm

I plug my Samsung S21 into my Jeep's hub and presto! Badabing, badaboom!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 5:47 pm

Heaven's Metal Streaming Radio?  

sorry I couldn't resist... Twisted Evil

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything better than Amazon Music App?   Anything better than Amazon Music App? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything better than Amazon Music App?
Page 1 of 1