Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Music

Go down 
+11
Staybrite
Oldiesmann
ChristTrekker
Black Rider
alldatndensum
deathisgain
topshot rhit
Pethead
Fundy
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Looking for recommendations for something different this year - So what I want you to do is share your favorite, Top 5 albums you play every Christmas. Be honest, I want to hear all of them, even if it's Sandi Patty or Michael Card
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 pm

Trans-Siberian Orchestra:  Christmas Eve and Other Stories, The Christmas Attic, The Lost Christmas Eve

Various:  Merry Axemas: A Guitar Christmas

Gary Hoey:  Ho, Ho Hoey, Ho, Ho Hoey 2

Rock Power Praise:  Vol II:  They Christmas Hymns

Joshua's Creed:  We Three Kings (single)

Of course I'll give my In The Christmas Groove album a spin along with The Metal Drummer Boy single.  (Kind of narcissistic, I know.)

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 9:00 am

Quote :
Of course I'll give my In The Christmas Groove album a spin along with The Metal Drummer Boy single.  (Kind of narcissistic, I know.)

Hey, it's great stuff, why not?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 11:04 am

I don't listen to a lot of christmas music, although Theocracy's songs are great, and the Rock Power Praise CD is also really good.

I'm looking forward to getting the Bride CD too.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Only 5???? This is gonna be hard, but here we go:

TSO: Christmas Eve and Other Stories
Nat King Cole: The Christmas Song
Andy Williams: The Andy Williams Christmas Album
John Denver: A Rocky Mountain Christmas
Russ Taff: A Christmas Song 

Honorable mentions: 
Bruce Cockburn: Christmas
Steven Curtis Chapman: Christmas Hymns
Third Day: Christmas Offerings
MercyMe: The Christmas Sessions
George Strait: Classic Christmas 
Neil Diamond: The Classic Christmas Album
Frank Sinatra: A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra
Rend Collective: A Jolly Irish Christmas (Vol. II)
Johnny Mathis: Merry Christmas
The Choir: Peace, Love, and Light EP
Randy Travis: Songs of the Season
Bing Crosby: 20th Century Masters (The Christmas Collection)

Fundy and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Lot of great classics there!

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 pm

Johnny Mathis - Merry Christmas
and Theocracy. geek

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 9:13 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Johnny Mathis - Merry Christmas
and Theocracy. geek

That's a very eclectic combo  Razz

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 pm

I don't think I own many Christmas albums. I tend to listen to a mix of various artists and songs. The only album that I own, is a Bing Crosby one.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 7:00 am

The ones I play the most are:

Twisted Sister - Twisted Christmas
Metal Christmas
Monster Ballads Christmas
Helix - Christmas
Rock Power Praise 3 - Christmas
Two albums by Brian Setzer Orchestra
The Santa Clause 2 soundtrack
Gaither Vocal Band - Still The Greatest Story Ever Told
Several albums by Pentatonix

And I have a Christmas playlist of about 30 songs that are not on most Christmas albums anymore or songs that may be overplayed that I still love.  I would rather have those songs than keep rehashing the same ones over and over

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 10:15 am

All the TSO stuff
Enya-And Winter Came
Orion's Reign has some cool Christmas songs
The Merry Axemas albums
A mix of stuff by Northern Lights, She and Him, Jewel etc.

Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 11:11 am

Oh, I left off the albums and EPs by Northern Lights Orchestra!  Those are wonderful!

I am one of the few people on the planet that can't get into TSO.  I don't like long songs.  I feel like I really have to concentrate on their arrangements and lyrics when I have tried to listen to them.  It makes me fatigued just trying, and I turn their music off in frustration because I quickly become over-stimulated.  They are great musicians, but just not for me.

I am more likely to listen to something that makes me feel good and I don't really have to think about.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Ehhhh, I don't think of it that way.

I have two Christide playlists. The one for public consumption is 250+ songs, and mine is 650+ songs. I just shuffle them and call it good.

I have another ~180 that I know came from Christmas collections, but I haven't had time to classify them further. Around Nov 1 every year its becomes a project to wade through some of them before the holiday gatherings.

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 11:43 pm

Don't know that I could pick just 5 as my collection is so vast and varied it's not even funny (I have several hundred songs on my Christmas music playlist). Some of my favorites include both of the Bethlehem Skyline albums released years ago by Centricity Records, Evie's Come On Ring Those Bells and Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God. Also a big fan of the assorted Christmas music that ApologetiX has done - particularly the older stuff that appeared on Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas (I still can't listen to "Hotel California" without wanting to sing "Welcome, but the hotel can't afford ya")

topshot rhit and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 am

Oldiesmann wrote:
Don't know that I could pick just 5 as my collection is so vast and varied it's not even funny (I have several hundred songs on my Christmas music playlist). Some of my favorites include both of the Bethlehem Skyline albums released years ago by Centricity Records, Evie's Come On Ring Those Bells and Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God. Also a big fan of the assorted Christmas music that ApologetiX has done - particularly the older stuff that appeared on Have Yourself a Parody Little Christmas (I still can't listen to "Hotel California" without wanting to sing "Welcome, but the hotel can't afford ya")

I love the Apologetic albums!  Their Christmas discs are some of their finest!

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 am

Since we got Kelly from Lordchain to pop in over here, let's see if we can do it twice.

How many of you would like them to do a Christmas worship EP?  Maybe they could do 4 original songs and one remade classic but spin it with that Lordchain vibe?  Personally, that would be the bomb dot com to me!

topshot rhit and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 11:05 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Since we got Kelly from Lordchain to pop in over here, let's see if we can do it twice.

How many of you would like them to do a Christmas worship EP?  Maybe they could do 4 original songs and one remade classic but spin it with that Lordchain vibe?  Personally, that would be the bomb dot com to me!

Now that would be cool.  Lordchain Praise have been my favorite P&W albums since PK Mitchel did his hymns album.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 4:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
How many of you would like Lordchain to do a Christmas worship EP?

What's this EP nonsense? Give me a full album - go big or go home!  santa Thumbs Up

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 5:48 pm

I'd buy that !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Now that would be cool.  Lordchain Praise have been my favorite P&W albums since PK Mitchel did his hymns album.

To be honest, I used to like some P&W stuff but it became so repetitive and cookie cutter.  The Lordchain Praise EPs are the first worship projects I have loved in a LONG time.

Staybrite and rockerVu2 like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 7:46 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Looking for recommendations for something different this year

No better way to hear something different than with the latest volume (#9) of Fleas Naughty Dog. geek

Guilty/Forgiven and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 8:07 am

Lordchain doing Santa Baby would be epic.  lol!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I've acquired quite a few Christmas tunes over the years but many are just singles (a la Theocracy) but here are some of my favorites:

Albums/EPs:
Tublatanka - Poďme bratia do Betlehema. Fun Christmas album from Slovakia's most popular metal/rock band. Their other Christmas album is due in today. Smile

Flaskavsae - Christmas (EP). Not very "Christmas" sounding lo-fi black metal, but if you're into that sort of music (as I am!), it's good!

Wisdom & Wages - Vol. 1 (EP). A sort of side project from the guys of Death Therapy, this instrumental three-song EP is quite rocking but also has some funk and groove to it. I dig it!

Compilations:
A Brutal Christmas: The Season In Chaos. The first metal Christmas compilation I ever bought. It's got some great songs and also some that I especially don't care for, but it's fun nonetheless.

Repossession: A Christmas Album. Another fun one. This one has a fair bit of repeats from A Brutal Christmas but also some unique stuff.

Prophecy Foretold: A Brutal Christmas Compilation. Same description as above. Smile

Singles:
Theocracy - [multiple]. Theocracy's Christmas songs are fantastic and some of my favorites.

Warpriest - [multiple]. Like Theocracy, Warpriest's multiple Christmas tracks are played very often this time of year! His original song Krampusnacht is especially great.

Becoming The Archetype - O Holy Night. I love how soft this one starts out and how progressively heavier it gets. They bring a lot of originality to this cover.

Blood Thirsty - O Come Emmanuel (The One Foretold). Though obviously influenced by BTA's song above, this one is pretty unique as well and totally awesome symphonic death metal.

Wytch Hazel - Auld Lang Syne. This is a much more solemn song than they're typically known for but very good.

Sonata Arctica - Christmas Spirits. Very goofy but fun song.

Other Mentions:
Epta Astera's first album Ero Cras has quite a few Christmas tunes on it which I dig. Signum Regis' song The Magi fits here and is some good power metal.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 1:15 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Looking for recommendations for something different this year

No better way to hear something different than with the latest volume (#9) of Fleas Naughty Dog. geek
Darkhorse Hero has an original Christmas song on #9.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

Christmas Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Music   Christmas Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Music
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next